The Boxing Thread

Ollie

Anyone interested in the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight anymore? tbh i'd rather see Amir Khan fight Mayweather...

That fight should have happened 3 years ago...and yeah i'd rather see Amir Kahn try and fight Mayweather.

Anyone interested in the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight anymore? tbh i'd rather see Amir Khan fight Mayweather...

Of course! Pacquiao would give Mayweather the beating of his life! and Mayweather is losing showtime money with his low PPV numbers so he may be forced to finally take the fight! and forget Khan he hasn't earned a shot at Mayweather! Khan would have to beat Thurman to deserve a shot at Floyd and we all know khan wouldn't last 2 rounds with Thurman.

Of course! Pacquiao would give Mayweather the beating of his life! and Mayweather is losing showtime money with his low PPV numbers so he may be forced to finally take the fight! and forget Khan he hasn't earned a shot at Mayweather! Khan would have to beat Thurman to deserve a shot at Floyd and we all know khan wouldn't last 2 rounds with Thurman.

This older Pacquiao wouldn't beat Mayweather iMO, i'll still be interested i guess but it should have happened 5 years ago...

If Khan sticks to his gameplan (which he never seems able to do) he will outbox Thurman with ease. The trouble with khan is that he has one of the worst glass chins in boxing and as we know Thurmans been knocking out people for fun (albeit at a much lower level), it'll be a great match up, the problem is that it may not happen till next year or longer.

Khan fighting Mayweather will be different, styles make fights. We know Mayweather isn't a big puncher AT ALL and honestly when was the last time he boxed someone with much more speed? I get what your saying and maybe he does have to earn it but i seriously think Floyds worried about Khans speed and thats why he wont take the fight.

This older Pacquiao wouldn't beat Mayweather iMO, i'll still be interested i guess but it should have happened 5 years ago...

If Khan sticks to his gameplan (which he never seems able to do) he will outbox Thurman with ease. The trouble with khan is that he has one of the worst glass chins in boxing and as we know Thurmans been knocking out people for fun (albeit at a much lower level), it'll be a great match up, the problem is that it may not happen till next year or longer.

Khan fighting Mayweather will be different, styles make fights. We know Mayweather isn't a big puncher AT ALL and honestly when was the last time he boxed someone with much more speed? I get what your saying and maybe he does have to earn it but i seriously think Floyds worried about Khans speed and thats why he wont take the fight.

No chance would Floyd beat Pacquiao imo. A Southpaw with speed, power, unbelievable stamina, and an unorthodox style is a complete nightmare for Floyd, Mayweather knows to beat Pacquiao he will have to have a war with him as he has slowed down and cant rely just on movement especially against Pacman who has excellent footwork himself and Floyd cant use his shoulder roll against Manny, There is a reason why Floyd has been ducking him for so long.

Khan cant outbox a guy like Thurman for 12 rounds eventually Thurman would catch up with Khan and the fight would be over.

I dont think Khan really stands a chance against Mayweather he would certainly give Floyd problems but after a few rounds Mayweather would adjust and start timing Khan, If Khan was a southpaw he would have a good chance but he isnt so i dont think he would give Floyd too much trouble after Mayweather works him out.

I think Khan's speed will def win him several rounds against Mayweather, but I don't see him beating him. While Mayweather doesn't have a lot of power, Khan has a glass jaw, mayweather could drop him.

I also think Mayweather beats Pac. Of course, won't be an easy fight but Mayweather is still in great condition and his counter-punching will get him the UD.

Thurman has power but it's overrated. He would have problems with Khan. He hasn't beat a top fighter.

I think Khan's speed will def win him several rounds against Mayweather, but I don't see him beating him. While Mayweather doesn't have a lot of power, Khan has a glass jaw, mayweather could drop him.

I also think Mayweather beats Pac. Of course, won't be an easy fight but Mayweather is still in great condition and his counter-punching will get him the UD.

Khan doesn't just have speed, he has combination punching (although predictable and can be timed like Garcia did) and a piston like jab. He has good movement and is more patient with Hunter in his corner now. His chin isn't that bad, some of the guys that have hurt him are top power punchers (Prescott, Maidana, Garcia) so that's a myth. I think he could beat Floyd, or at least make it interesting.

Pacquiao would beat Floyd, he has improved his boxing skills since he's gotten ilder, but retained the speed. His amazing footwork would be key. Not to mention he has excellent combination punching as well and a solid chin. He schooled Tim Bradley, who I had #3 P4P.

Pac beats Floyd, who has looked his age lately.

I wouldn't say Khan worries Floyd, who has decent power, but he just doesn't draw enough.

No chance would Floyd beat Pacquiao imo. A Southpaw with speed, power, unbelievable stamina, and an unorthodox style is a complete nightmare for Floyd, Mayweather knows to beat Pacquiao he will have to have a war with him as he has slowed down and cant rely just on movement especially against Pacman who has excellent footwork himself and Floyd cant use his shoulder roll against Manny, There is a reason why Floyd has been ducking him for so long.

Khan cant outbox a guy like Thurman for 12 rounds eventually Thurman would catch up with Khan and the fight would be over.

I dont think Khan really stands a chance against Mayweather he would certainly give Floyd problems but after a few rounds Mayweather would adjust and start timing Khan, If Khan was a southpaw he would have a good chance but he isnt so i dont think he would give Floyd too much trouble after Mayweather works him out.

Pacquiao doesn't have amazing workrate. Against Bradley he took time off constantly.

Thurman would be tested with Khan, maybe he beats him, you don't give Khan enough credit. Thurman has overrated power and Khan's chin isn't THAT bad.

Floyd would beat Pac nowadays but I am not sure they should bother now they are both looking their age. It's like that Deniro vs Stallone boxing film, yeah in their prime but time has passed.

If they did fight Floyd would beat him.

How exciting will Khan vs Floyd be from a boxing standpoint? many people slate khan because of his 'glass chin' but lets be real Floyd isn't a big puncher, his last KO was a sucker punch on Ortiz in 2011... this fight will be tactical unlike the Canelo and Maidina fights which were tailor made for Mayweather.

Anyone excited for the Chris Eubank Jr vs Billy Joe Saunders fight? it will be on the Fury Chisora undercard. It's domestic level but both unbeaten and great talents. I'm kind of shocked this fight has been made so early on in their careers, but you have to hand it to Frank Warren, it's going to be a great fight. On Eubank Jr, everyone in boxing say he's the next big thing in Britain but this is a massive step up and IMO it may be too soon. I think it'll be a close fight with Saunders edging it.

How exciting will Khan vs Floyd be from a boxing standpoint? many people slate khan because of his 'glass chin' but lets be real Floyd isn't a big puncher, his last KO was a sucker punch on Ortiz in 2011... this fight will be tactical unlike the Canelo and Maidina fights which were tailor made for Mayweather.

Floyd isn't a KO artist, but you can't just walk in on him. I would enjoy Khan-Floyd, but I wouldn't buy it. I think Khan could win, but he doesn't "deserve" the fight, whatever that means.

Floyd isn't a KO artist, but you can't just walk in on him. I would enjoy Khan-Floyd, but I wouldn't buy it. I think Khan could win, but he doesn't "deserve" the fight, whatever that means.

I heard the Maidana fight was something crazy like 70 dollars? ridiculous if true.