The Boxing Thread

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...

Rematch on 31st May. Can't wait for Groves to destroy Froch again.

100% agree George got robbed in that first match. It was so unfair, hopefully this time he will finish the job, after he knocked Carl down in the first round last time.

I can't wait. :getin:

Easy UD Win for Groves!

This fight will be much less exciting, as it will be even more one sided then the first fight! Groves will box smart for 12 rounds and completely outbox Froch for 12 rounds! I can see Froch getting dropped again also.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's official, Mayweather's gonna fight Maidana on May the 3rd. Smh, the fight is tailor made for him. Gonna be such an easy win for him. Really really wanted to see him fight Khan instead.

Khan? If Danny Garcia figured him out in 3 rounds, Floyd would get him in 2. Also he doesn't deserve a huge payday/exposure/fight he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights and went life and death with a worn down Julio Diaz.

Khan? If Danny Garcia figured him out in 3 rounds, Floyd would get him in 2. Also he doesn't deserve a huge payday/exposure/fight he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights and went life and death with a worn down Julio Diaz.

I agree he doesn't deserve it, I don't think anyone's saying otherwise, that's a different argument all together.

Also, figured him out? Khan was all over him until he got hit, I wouldn't call that being figured out by any means. You say it's 2-2, but I, and a lot of people don't consider that Peterson match a loss.We all know about the dodgy stuff that happened there. He did lose to Garcia and would've probably got knocked out if the fight wasn't stopped but you'd expect he wouldn't be so tactically naive going into a fight with Mayweather. The Diaz fight was somewhat embarrassing but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say that was a lot to do with Khan getting complacent and assuming he'd stroll to a victory.

Anyways the point I was making is that the Khan fight is far far more exciting fight, thus my preferred fight. I'm not suggesting that Khan would win, because lets face it Mayweather would beat them both. The problem with the Maidana fight is he's exactly the type of fighter that Mayweather completely dominates. It's just the Canelo fight all over again.

Khan had his contracts signed in December (at the expense of a Devon Alexander fight that he should've taken in hindsight) and won the poll on Mayweathers site but unfortunately he's chosen to fight Maidana. It's just odd because even by Mayweathers standards he would've made a lot of money from the Khan fight.

Nonetheless I hope a Broner fight is in the works and if Khan wins I'm hoping he will get a chance to to fight Mayweather. I'm resigned to the fact we will never see Pacquiao get in the ring with Floyd. It almost became irrelevant after the Marquez fight but whilst Mayweathers sticking around to match Rocky Marciano's record, I want to see him get in the ring with exciting fighters like Khan.

I agree he doesn't deserve it, I don't think anyone's saying otherwise, that's a different argument all together.

Also, figured him out? Khan was all over him until he got hit, I wouldn't call that being figured out by any means. You say it's 2-2, but I, and a lot of people don't consider that Peterson match a loss.We all know about the dodgy stuff that happened there. He did lose to Garcia and would've probably got knocked out if the fight wasn't stopped but you'd expect he wouldn't be so tactically naive going into a fight with Mayweather. The Diaz fight was somewhat embarrassing but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say that was a lot to do with Khan getting complacent and assuming he'd stroll to a victory.

Anyways the point I was making is that the Khan fight is far far more exciting fight, thus my preferred fight. I'm not suggesting that Khan would win, because lets face it Mayweather would beat them both. The problem with the Maidana fight is he's exactly the type of fighter that Mayweather completely dominates. It's just the Canelo fight all over again.

Khan had his contracts signed in December (at the expense of a Devon Alexander fight that he should've taken in hindsight) and won the poll on Mayweathers site but unfortunately he's chosen to fight Maidana. It's just odd because even by Mayweathers standards he would've made a lot of money from the Khan fight.

Nonetheless I hope a Broner fight is in the works and if Khan wins I'm hoping he will get a chance to to fight Mayweather. I'm resigned to the fact we will never see Pacquiao get in the ring with Floyd. It almost became irrelevant after the Marquez fight but whilst Mayweathers sticking around to match Rocky Marciano's record, I want to see him get in the ring with exciting fighters like Khan.

Khan was all over Garcia until he got timed jumping in, credit Garcia for that. If they fight 5 times Garcia always wins. Khan is predictable, jump in and throw a flurry, get out. That's why hes a fast starter. I do think he beat Peterson though. Floyd would KO him too. He's predictable, I would be able to time Khan, but it would take a few rounds.

Maidana is a decent fight, at least he gas a punchers chance which Khan wouldn't. If he lands Floyd is getting hurt. Garcia and Ariza will fine tune him into a machine. Hes a mauler, will make the fight ugly and take it to Floyd. It will by no means be a cake walk. Maidana is gritty, tough, has heart and hits like a fucking truck.

I'd rather see Brook-Khan, but Khan doesn't want it. Broner-Khan would be good so they could shut eachother up.

Was there any doubt Terrence Crawford was gonna win? Burns is trash and lost to Beltran.

He most certainly is not trash. What a rude and unnecessary thing to say. I have met him and he is a top bloke.

Lose to Beltran? He very quickly got a broken jaw and continued. I've rarely seen a fighter with such determination to continue and see out the fight. I really don't know how he did. It was a hellish injury.

He most certainly is not trash. What a rude and unnecessary thing to say. I have met him and he is a top bloke.

Lose to Beltran? He very quickly got a broken jaw and continued. I've rarely seen a fighter with such determination to continue and see out the fight. I really don't know how he did. It was a hellish injury.

He may be a great guy, but he's a good fighter in the weakest division. Can't believe some people thought he could beat Broner. Gamboa beats him, he'd lost to most top fighters. Beltran broke his jaw and won 8 rounds, determination doesn't win you rounds.

Haha I would love to see any 'top' fighters survive through a fight with a broken jaw. I tell you had that not happened he could have beaten that guy he wasn't very good.

Each their own, also watched Degale glad he is getting stronger again.

What you think about Anthony Joshua, a real potential heavyweight contender ?

Wembley for Froch-Groves. Was there in Manchester and seeing Groves put him down first round was one of the best sporting moments I've witnessed. Froch will be more tactically astute no doubt but If Groves can be more restrained, conserve energy for the championship rounds and throw less so he retains his power I think he'll win. One things for sure he is incredible at mind games, seems to have rattled the entire Froch family.