James Morrison

SeB

In fact I don't really give a fuck but I'm not that surprised to see members "leaving" then coming back the forum, every topic has to be filled with the same generic comments... I use to laugh at Liverpool like everyone else here, but is there really a point to brand every less known player as "Liverpool's purchase" ?

Antonio Valencia certainly was a second hand player otherwise, like many others. I don't know from where comes this condescending way of thinking from many Chelsea fans (and other successful clubs as well)

James McCarthy is a very interesting player as well, he has an excellent mentality (he's a football addict). I just think Morisson is more creative and that he shots better

James Morrison is decent quality but he'll be nothing more than a bit-part player at a top 4 club.

It's my point, Morrison could be a number two behind Lampard with the view to play 4-2-3-1

Because I've doubts on Ramires' ability to handle that role and because Meireles is better elsewhere. But It's possible (and rather probable) that we'll eventually "cope" with Meireles, this season the team and the space between players/lines were stretched to their maximum and we saw Meireles struggling (like many other would have in that case)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact I don't really give a fuck but I'm not that surprised to see members "leaving" then coming back the forum, every topic has to be filled with the same generic comments... I use to laugh at Liverpool like everyone else here, but is there really a point to brand every less known player as "Liverpool's purchase" ?

Antonio Valencia certainly was a second hand player otherwise, like many others. I don't know from where comes this condescending way of thinking from many Chelsea fans (and other successful clubs as well)

James McCarthy is a very interesting player as well, he has an excellent mentality (he's a football addict). I just think Morisson is more creative and that he shots better

It's my point, Morrison could be a number two behind Lampard with the view to play 4-2-3-1

Because I've doubts on Ramires' ability to handle that role and because Meireles is better elsewhere. But It's possible (and rather probable) that we'll eventually "cope" with Meireles, this season the team and the space between players/lines were stretched to their maximum and we saw Meireles struggling (like many other would have in that case)

I predicted this was going to happen.

I have a feeling some users are just going to say: "Liverpool signing, move along."

If the 4-3-2-1 formation is to be used, the midfield duo or 'double pivot' will be the weakness. Mikel, Lampard and Romeu are the only players who are adept in the 'double pivot' as Meireles' defensive work leaves much to be desired besides he looks much more comfortable in a more advanced position. Besides, McEachran would probably excel in a more advanced position (I like to see him as an English Iniesta). A new CM is needed, whether it be 'Liverpool level' Morrison, 'Also Liverpool level' McCarthy, 'Not on the market' Cabaye or 'Being held hostage by Porto' Moutinho.

When people use the Cahill example, are you using it as the player himself or the price we got?

Cause if you do, you are wrong in both ways!

Cahill last summer was a wanted men by some top clubs, and his price was high.

Just that many people did not wanted to meet his asking price from Bolton.

Come January Bolton had no chance to sell for such a low price.

It's not about finding a bargain, is about being lucky to wait for the right time.

Finding bargain....well so far for me is still Ivan. A relative unknown player for a little price to become a top player.

The Mata, David Luiz and such came for a good price but they where good players a lot of club coveted!

So you are not going to get great points for that!

I predicted this was going to happen.

If the 4-3-2-1 formation is to be used, the midfield duo or 'double pivot' will be the weakness. Mikel, Lampard and Romeu are the only players who are adept in the 'double pivot' as Meireles' defensive work leaves much to be desired besides he looks much more comfortable in a more advanced position. Besides, McEachran would probably excel in a more advanced position (I like to see him as an English Iniesta). A new CM is needed, whether it be 'Liverpool level' Morrison, 'Also Liverpool level' McCarthy, 'Not on the market' Cabaye or 'Being held hostage by Porto' Moutinho.

I think McEachran has to be used like Meireles, in front of two midfielders because he likes to have the play in front of him

I doubt he could play "à la Pirlo" in England due to the necessity to have a DM solid defensively in Premier League

I think McEachran has to be used like Meireles, in front of two midfielders because he likes to have the play in front of him

I doubt he could play "à la Pirlo" in England due to the necessity to have a DM solid defensively in Premier League

So you believe McEachran should be played in this style of formation? Or are you saying that McEachran should be behind the two CMs?

CF

LW- - - - - - - - - -RW

McEachran

CM - - - - - CM

LB - - - - CB - - CB - - - - RB

GK

I guess Morrison could be used in McEachran's position and on the wings in that formation.

No, James Morrison is clearly not good enough for us, maybe if he was younger but he is 26 . He couldn't even break into the England u21 squad thus joining Scotland.

Also why are people talking about players like Cahiil, Valencia, Mikel etc, it was clear they all had potential.

Cahill was one of the best defenders in England the year before we bought him.

Valencia was Wigans best player, it may of been a risk but it was obvious he had the ability.

Mikel was brilliant in the Fifa world youth Championships, it was a gamble but he was young and time was on his side.

Lastly any player who was in Brunt's shadow is clearly not good enough. :lol:

Don't know how anyone could compare Morrison to the Lampard's, Mikel's, Drogba's and Cahill's. Completely irrelevant.

James Morrison is a decent player, but as I said, he's not going to step up a level, West Brom is his level.

We shouldn't be aiming for players like him, if I was a Chelsea scout and I suggested James Morrison to Gourlay, Abramovich and Emelano I'd probably get laughed at and fired.

There's so much better talent out there that'd be around James Morrison's price. He'd be like a Sidwell signing IMO.

Also, I hate how people think our scouts do such a terrible job. For crying out loud, it's what they do as a living, they're hired by a top club, so will obviously have a good background. De Visser for example was the one who found Ronaldo (fat one) and also pointed us out to Robben, so we do have decent scouts at CFC. It's unrealistic to think that the scouts will find some unknown potential world class player every season, no club does that.

Top scouts will know more about how to evaluate a player than most people on this board. Fact.

So you believe McEachran should be played in this style of formation? Or are you saying that McEachran should be behind the two CMs?

CF

LW- - - - - - - - - -RW

McEachran

CM - - - - - CM

LB - - - - CB - - CB - - - - RB

GK

I guess Morrison could be used in McEachran's position and on the wings in that formation.

Yes, in that formation, the same Spurs should be using with Sigurddson behind Sandro-Huddlestone

The problem to play McEachran deep is the permanent dilemma of the two aspects of the game: when the team has the ball and when the team has to regain the ball. With the ball, McEachran could be great, finding intervals and accurate deliveries from the deep. But without the ball he's not solid enough, not good enough in terms of tackling and impacting

No, James Morrison is clearly not good enough for us, maybe if he was younger but he is 26 . He couldn't even break into the England u21 squad thus joining Scotland.

Also why are people talking about players like Cahiil, Valencia, Mikel etc, it was clear they all had potential.

Cahill was one of the best defenders in England the year before we bought him.

Valencia was Wigans best player, it may of been a risk but it was obvious he had the ability.

Mikel was brilliant in the Fifa world youth Championships, it was a gamble but he was young and time was on his side.

Lastly any player who was in Brunt's shadow is clearly not good enough. :lol:

No he wasn't, I watched many Bolton games and he was inconsistent, sloppy, poor in several aspects of his game (distribution, covering). He's solid and commited when he's focused, otherwise he used to give me the impression he didn't gave a fuck against lower teams. He seems a very kind guy though

Morrison is WBA's best player this season, I don't really see your point. Especially because football and player's careers are made of opportunities to be taken at the right time, Morrison has been allowed a period to shine, I don't understand why it would be a story without future. Players can improve and pass new steps. Excuse me but your remark about the player he was at 21 is stupid, at 21 Drogba just arrived at Le Mans after several spells in amateur football

No he wasn't, I watched many Bolton games and he was inconsistent, sloppy, poor in several aspects of his game (distribution, covering). He's solid and commited when he's focused, otherwise he used to give me the impression he didn't gave a fuck against lower teams. He seems a very kind guy though

Admittedly, last season before he joined us Cahill was really bad, but the seasons before he was definitely one of England's best central defenders. Yes he was in his last year, but £7m for Cahill was a bargain, he's really good, and it was evident to everyone that Bolton wasn't his level. It's different with Morrison though, I personally don't see him making that step up like Cahill has done.

Cahill is now regularly in the England squad, Morrison rarely makes the Scotland squad (IIRC).

Morrison is WBA's best player this season, I don't really see your point. Especially because football and player's careers are made of opportunities to be taken at the right time, Morrison has been allowed a period to shine, I don't understand why it would be a story without future. Players can improve and pass new steps. Excuse me but your remark about the player he was at 21 is stupid, at 21 Drogba just arrived at Le Mans after several spells in amateur football

Inconsistent? granted at the beginning of last season he was not on form but the season before he was England's best defender, teams were offering 18+ million for him.

And when he joined Chelsea in January he's been one of our best defenders.

I'm not going to discuss anymore about Morrison, i think he's not good enough and so does many here, i'm afraid you're not going to convince me.

Admittedly, last season before he joined us Cahill was really bad, but the seasons before he was definitely one of England's best central defenders. Yes he was in his last year, but £7m for Cahill was a bargain, he's really good, and it was evident to everyone that Bolton wasn't his level. It's different with Morrison though, I personally don't see him making that step up like Cahill has done.

Cahill is now regularly in the England squad, Morrison rarely makes the Scotland squad (IIRC).

Cahill was far from deserving all the credit he receive in 2010/2011. Morrison's improvement is quite recent in fact, let's see how he'll perform next season.

Steven Fletcher does not play regulary for Scotland because of a matter of communication between him & the federation, I don't know about Morrison but I don't take that much consideration to that.

Inconsistent? granted at the beginning of last season he was not on form but the season before he was England's best defender, teams were offering 18+ million for him.

And when he joined Chelsea in January he's been one of our best defenders.

I'm not going to discuss anymore about Morrison, i think he's not good enough and so does many here, i'm afraid you're not going to convince me.

As I said just above, for me Cahill was far from deserving all the praise he get in 2010/2011, I watched around 15 Bolton games last season, especially in the 1st part of the season and he had weaknesses, not just because "the team was crap around him" because it wasn't in the 1st part of the season.

As I said just above, for me Cahill was far from deserving all the praise he get in 2010/2011, I watched around 15 Bolton games last season, especially in the 1st part of the season and he had weaknesses, not just because "the team was crap around him" because it wasn't in the 1st part of the season.

I thought he was one of England's best defender in that season, it certainly got him some caps for England.

I seriously wouldn't mind James Morrison, always works hard, great tackler and despite playing for West Brom is actually quite good. Has some eye for goal actually, telling you right now every goal he scores is a fucking wonder goal!! Also he's Scottish, well English but Scottish lmao.

Some of these comments about lower clubs and stuff funny. Look at some of the players who are now considered good/class/have great potential.

- Nemanja Vidic played for Red Star Belgrade and CSKA Moscow before he played for Man United, look at how he has preformed in the last 5 years.

- Gary Cahill played at Villa and Bolton, now playing for the Champions of Europe. Looks capable of replacing JT soon.

- Kevin Strootman at PSV, used to play in the second division of Dutch football now linked with AC Milan and United. Has unreal potential.

- Petr Cech played at Rennes, moved to Chelsea and turned into one of the very best goalkeepers of the last 10 years.

- Vincent Kompany played at Anderlecht then Hamburg, moved to City and after a few seasons is probably the best CB in the league imo.

- Frank Lampard from West Ham to Chelsea, now considered one of the greatest midfielders to play in England.

- Thiago Silva played at Juventude, Porto and Dynamo Moscow. Struggled then moved to Fluminiese and then went to Milan. Now an amazing CB!

- Joe Cole from West Ham to Chelsea, was a very good player when he was injury free. Gutted we let him go :(

Do you think ourselves, AC Milan, City, United all took a look at the team the player played for and said "No thanks you play for a low level club". Lol.

P.S. That list also was just a few I had in my mind could of done more lmao...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You