Barnsley Vs Chelsea

DavidEU

Barnsley Vs Chelsea

Chelsea travel to Yorkshire this weekend to face FA Cup giant-killers of the season, Barnsley at Oakwell.

Chelsea are set to rest a number of key players. Carlo Cudicini should continue in goal, whilst Ben-Haim, Sidwell and Pizarro could continue, with Shevchenko a possibility to make his first appearance for the Blues since Boxing Day.

Brian Howard's injury time winner at Anfield see's Barnsley into the quarter finals, although they have struggled since then with indifferent form.

Avram Grant's side are looking for a win that will send them to Wembley for the 4th time in the last twelve months and their third consecutive FA Cup semi final.

Match Chat Here :blue scalf:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats not difficult, Olympiacos didn't bother yesterday. Was like a training session. If i'm honest tho, even tho the tempo will be higher, the score wont be too dissimilar. Its a guarranteed passage into the Semi's and a chance to redeem that shocking performance at wembley with spurs.

Edited by OllieCFC

What sort of team would you put out? I'd go 4-3-3 again with the following:

Cudicini

Belletti

Bridge

Alex

Ben Haim

Essien

Mikel

Wright-Phillips

Shevchenko

Anelka

Malouda

Bench: Hilario, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Sidwell, Pizarro

I hope Ivanovic plays but he probably wont :mellow: It would be nice if we could win convincingly again but I'm not expecting too much. I'll be happy anyway we go through, we need to get to Wembly, we've got a point to prove.

Cudicini

Belletti

Bridge

Alex

Ben Haim

Essien

Mikel

sidwell

wright phillips

Anelka

Malouda

Bench: Hilario, drogba, terry, lampard, joe cole

it will be a star studded bench....no matter what team comes out

Anorak Facts Time

Barnsley have not won in their last four. However they have lost only two of 18 home league games this season bbbbbut......wehave lost just one (YIDS) in the last 19.

They have giant killed before. Not only beating Liverpool this year, but also in 1998 when they booted out Manchester United in the fifth round.

If we win it'll be an outstanding record of a place in the semi-finals for the third successive season......and the 18th time Chelsea have made the FA Cup semi finals. No history? Bollocks.