Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Well, any normal person would have read the current discussion and since we are talking about depth and Onlyplace mentioned Piazon, I put a quote he made indicating he might not be here next year.

Did you catch that or are you still processing It? Don't rush, take your time

I wouldn't waste your time on making such posts Santiago. It is unfortunately common for the mentally challanged to highlight and criticize things they are yet to actually comprehend properly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This deal makes sense, if you ask me.

As things stands now, André Schürrle looks like a better option than Kévin de Bryun, regarding our next season. Into my eyes, de Bryune is still just a talent (which implies a concern regarding the consistency). Schürrle seems to have more weapons to take an important role here than de Bryune. Despite the little difference in age, the outre-Rhin player has a lot more experience than the Belgian. In that sense : the first one has played 125 games in a top league, 8 games in Champions League and 21 international games ; while the latter one has only played 27 games in a top league, none game in CL and 11 international games. I know that the "experience" topic is more complex than a couple of figures, although it shows that the German is more used to the pressure and the need to deliver on a regular basis. I mean, if I were to choose between them two, because of X reason, for being a starter for a few weeks, during a hard serie of fixtures, I would probably have more faith in Schürrle than de Bryune.

Now I don't question de Bryune competence, that's just seems to be the wisest option for, once again, next season. And wouldn't it be more appropriate for de Bryune to go on loan than to be here, in order to improve as a player ? It's likely that Bayer can grant him significantly more playing time than us. Here he's bound to be second choice behind Mata, Hazard and Oscar, and maybe even Moses. And I quite don't buy the whole story about him coming here and play in the double-pivot. Has he any genuine experience of playing at this position, or is this another of our chimeras — in the fashion of "Oscar in the double-pivot" ? I am not saying he cannot play there, just that it seems to early to make such assumption for next season. Playing one season at Bayer seems better for de Bryune's sake.

£20m remains a lot of money, but it's nice to see the club trying to work out clever deals and trying to soften this one. Considering today's standards in the market, that's not that expensive.And that's not like Schürrle was a penguin. He may not be the classic winger that some are seeking for, but anyway, is there a lot of so called "classic wingers" out there anymore ? Not a lot of names springs to mind... Having the possibility of picking this guy instead of Marin and Benayoun is a genuine improvement regarding our squad quality and depth.

I saw that a few people were saying that we should hire a manager first and then buy player. Our manager choice will depend on our position in the league. The top four is yet to be granted. And the manager probably won't be appointed befor early June. I believe that's better to work out things early. Furthermore, considering our history with managers, the next one might as well be there for a season-long ride and then be out. It's a good thing that the club is trying to shape continuity within the squad and have a so said continuity within our transfert policy.

Then again, I know little of these two. Though, from a rational point of view, this sounds as a good deal.

That's it. Me and you buddy. A Bender love-in, let's go!!! :D

If we get his brother too, we can have a pair of Benders in the pivot!! :Goober:

and this guy upfront?220px-Bender_Rodriguez.png

Save the club 20m and just bring back Kevin De Bruyne, he is the better player between the two.

Two completely different type of players, so why not just get both while we're at it? We could do with De Bruyne in midfield but recalling him wouldn't rule out getting Schürrle who would offer us much needed depth and quality on the wings and a good option up front as well. Leverkusen seem to value him a bit too highly for my liking though and there are better options out there.