Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Why can't people get the point it's a long season, we need better options than Benayoun etc and this guy will start some games, be benched for some and also played in different positions.

Versatility and depth is a massive plus especially if you want to win leagues and cups.

Why cant you get we dont need to pay 20mi + KDB loan fir depth and versatility?

IMO, we are wat better off with Di Maria and KDB rather than Schurrle. We would have Hazard, Mata, Angel, Oscar (who could be shifted to the pivot), KDB and Moses for 3 positions. For me, it is enough depth, versatility an quality for any top club in the world!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant you get we dont need to pay 20mi + KDB loan fir depth and versatility?

IMO, we are wat better off with Di Maria and KDB rather than Schurrle. We would have Hazard, Mata, Angel, Oscar (who could be shifted to the pivot), KDB and Moses for 3 positions. For me, it is enough depth, versatility an quality for any top club in the world!

Why are you so sure Real Madrid would sell us Di Maria and for 20 mil? They payed a fee rising to 36mil for him. Plus he isn't exactly built for playing in EPL as a winger, that and his diva attitude.

I think everyone (Most people) would have Di Maria over schurrle. But perhaps its not as easy as that. Madrid might not want to sell, He might not want to come etc. And i obviously don't know, but would imagine Madrid would want closer to 40 mil for him than 20.

Why are you so sure Real Madrid would sell us Di Maria and for 20 mil? They payed a fee rising to 36mil for him. Plus he isn't exactly built for playing in EPL as a winger, that and his diva attitude.

When did I mention anything about Real selling us Di Maria for 20mi? :carlo:

So we're spending £20m on a player solely for depth?

There are only three positions at a time for these players.

Ideally you'd want 5/6 quality players for those positions, a backup for each slot with youth players waiting in line.

Hazard

Oscar

Mata

De Bruyne

Moses

Marin/Piazon

That isn't depth? How many clubs have better options than those 6?

Bayern are on course for a treble with Muller, Ribery, Robben, Kroos & Shaqiri as their options behind the striker.

You can't be having 9 players for 3 positions or whatever. No chance you'll keep them all happy.

Instead of overpaying on a shot merchant like Schurrle how about fixing the centre midfield and defense?

Are you having a dig on him just because you have a problem with different opinions? Doesn't make him a less of a fan. Harsh, unjustified and too much generalisation.

generalisation? coming from the person who said immigration is europes number 1 problem because of the woolwich incident.

I'm not having a dig at him, I'm putting him in his place, he's saying no ones opinion is valid just because they are not professionals like our board. What's even the point of opinions if he's going to bring up that case for the 50th time that the board are proffessionals we are just on the internet, it's been proven the board make mistakes, many mistakes, so therefor our opinions are valid.

Not to mention I don't even support bluesmasters and rmpr's opinions, I want Schurrle here.

lol. we still aren't being properly linked with someone who can play on the right wing lol. we're gonna end up playing Hazard there lol he's not gonna be as good there lol Schurrle will be hated by fans lol

Why isn't he what we need? I've seen very little of him, but on paper he seems to be exactly what we need

For 3 reasons.

1) First of all, we absolutely need to fix our midfield problems (might be the 1209091230912nd I'm mentioning this time since I joined this forum). Every other problem is secondary; bringing in players for depth reasons instead of fixing problems of our first 11 would blatantly ridiculous and beyond any logic.

2) His versatility is an absolute joke. Why people are making him out to be a very versatile player is something I'll never understand. He's lost on the right side as he can't deliver a cross to save his life and cutting inside (like he does when he's being played on the left side) is no option because his left foot is non-existent. To be able to play as a lone striker he'd need to bulk up and learn how to keep the ball with his back to the goal which is one of the most difficult things to master as a full-time striker let alone as a left winger who'll only play in that position when our 2 primary strikers are not available.

3) He's as one-dimensional as it gets. He'll cut inside and shoot almost 90% of the time instead of running down the flank to bring in a cross (because, as I already mentioned, he hasn't got a left foot) or instead of passing the ball to one of his teammates as his passing range is severely limited.

generalisation? coming from the person who said immigration is europes number 1 problem because of the woolwich incident.

I'm not having a dig at him, I'm putting him in his place, he's saying no ones opinion is valid just because they are not professionals like our board. What's even the point of opinions if he's going to bring up that case for the 50th time that the board are proffessionals we are just on the internet, it's been proven the board make mistakes, many mistakes, so therefor our opinions are valid.

Not to mention I don't even support bluesmasters and rmpr's opinions, I want Schurrle here.

Woah, a very random one at me now. Never said it the way you said, but alright, have your fun.

Yes, in your mind you think you are setting someone in their place, but you are just causing trouble and arguing for no reason. In both of the cases you are ripping words out of context. Not even going to have this nonsense argument. I get that you are trying to be controversial and have this aim to knock TermX / Henrique off their thrones but off-topic and personal quarrel picking don't help you any closer to that. Take care, troll.

@MetsajCFC, What's even the point being on a forum if you're going to downmine everyones opinion and just be like 'Oh well the board are professionals'

This isn't the first time you try to play this neuteral view point of game, just like when the other team gets a penalty you always say 'yeah it's a penalty' just for the sake of being neuteral, even though it wasn't a penalty.

It's clearly obvious the board has made mistakes in the past, clearly fucking obvious.

Like you said it's a forum. I'm not "downmining" anyone's opinion. I'm just stating mine. If you don't share my views, fair enough I respect that. Never my goal to change anyone's perspective and noone will change mine either. But cheers for your input

Alright, sorry I assumed too much! Thought you'd use the 20 mil of Schürrle's deal on Di Maria's.

Nah, I will use the 20mi + Roman's bank account! :P

Like you said it's a forum. I'm not "downmining" anyone's opinion. I'm just stating mine. If you don't share my views, fair enough I respect that. Never my goal to change anyone's perspective and noone will change mine either. But cheers for your input

Then stop bringing up the same cases all the time, because all you're doing is undermining other peoples opinions. Of course you can't counter my arguement but whatever.

Woah, a very random one at me now. Never said it the way you said, but alright, have your fun.

Yes, in your mind you think you are setting someone in their place, but you are just causing trouble and arguing for no reason. In both of the cases you are ripping words out of context. Not even going to have this nonsense argument. I get that you are trying to be controversial and have this aim to knock TermX / Henrique off their thrones but off-topic and personal quarrel picking don't help you any closer to that. Take care, troll.

Don't try to twist this around on me being a troll, because I'm far from it. You're the one being controversial sticking up for your estonian friend.

Only reason you're not going into it is because I pretty much just put you in your place, you try to speak about me generalising people which I haven't done in the slightest, yet you're making remarks like that in other topics. So yeah don't use the politician shit on me and try to aim it onto an offtopic situation, you know what you are and you know what you've done, good bye.

There is also the very obvious positional problem with Schurrle. He's a Left winger and so is Hazard, who is a definite starter in the team. Schurrle hasn't played enough on the right and he will be basically learning the Right Wing position. Would have been better off signing a proper Right Winger in the first place

There is also the very obvious positional problem with Schurrle. He's a Left winger and so is Hazard, who is a definite starter in the team. Schurrle hasn't played enough on the right and he will be basically learning the Right Wing position. Would have been better off signing a proper Right Winger in the first place

Agreed, but who?