Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the lad play alot and he most certainly has a selfish streak on him. Schurrle averages 3.6 shots per game which is the most in the Bundesliga and only had 11 goals to show for it.

And by poor mans Sturridge I mean worse in every aspect a forward needs but obviously he destroys him defensively. So I don't get the logic in selling Danny to the bindippers and then signing an inferior player 5 months later.

I'd rather KDB play there especially since he's equally adept playing on the right or left. He's able to impact the game more, better array of skills, scores just as many, versatile and most importantly doesnt cost a ridiculous 20m.

20m for Schurrle and Barca pay 25m for Neymar. LOL

And Andy Caroll cost 35 and Torres cost 50.

Neymar only had 1 year left on his contract, and was always going to barca at some point.

I think this kid will pleasantly surprise the KDB-brown-nosers.

If its Hazard its being biased, Lukaku - being the belgian fanboy - Courtois idem, now we are brown nosers for believing in KDB (whom some of us have seen playing for years). I find that kinda offensive.

Nice. Appropriateness does not auto apply apparently.

And Andy Caroll cost 35 and Torres cost 50.

Neymar only had 1 year left on his contract, and was always going to barca at some point.

Torres at his prime is 100x the player Schurrle will ever be and Andy Carroll was a classic case of panic buys.

If you want I'll just give you TC's most controversial award right now.

He really is a selfish player and that is why I am against signing him AND because we are paying 20 mil for him although I have never heard somebody else wanting him.. Didnt we pay about 25 mil for mata??? I can only see him beeing a squad player..

Looooooollll

This is the most blatant Emenalo signing of all time. We've been linked for nearly 2 years now.

well thus far Emenalo has had a hand in Hazard,Mata,Oscar,Lukaku,KdB,Courtois and so on, so even if it is an "Emenalo signing" (which is ridiculous to assume he soley makes these decisions) then ill accept that

Surely Jose play his part too in Schurrle's signing? I trust his decision.

Haha mate have you been following the rumours about our board the managers and players we buy... Dont know how much our managers have to say regarding transfers and we have been wanting him for more than a season doubt mou was certain to join at that time!

20m for Schurrle and Barca pay 25m for Neymar. LOL

How on earth are those deals comparable?

You have to understand the concept of buying players. If you think it's all about the transfer fee, you are very much mistaken. Wages, agent fees, signing bonuses etc. usually amount to much more than the transfer fee itself and in Neymar's case with the third party ownerships and everything these costs are fucking massive. Spanish media are reporting that as much as €40m will be paid as a signing on fee directly to Neymar and his father and Barcelona also paid €10m to Santos a year ago as a part of a pre-contract agreement. Then there's wages of 150k a week for five years. You see how these figures are adding up? Going by those reports, in reality Neymar cost Barcelona almost double the amount we paid for Eden Hazard and that's with Neymar's contract running up in 2014.

With Schürrle it will be pretty much the €20m fee and reasonable wages for a player of his status.

If its Hazard its being biased, Lukaku - being the belgian fanboy - Courtois idem, now we are brown nosers for believing in KDB (whom some of us have seen playing for years). I find that kinda offensive.

Nice. Appropriateness does not auto apply apparently.

Think it shows they all think they know the player, but in fact most of their opinions are based on stats and youtube-clips with perhaps the odd streamed game.

I'm not saying I'm against Schurrle coming here.

But buying Schurrle + loaning KDB does not make sense. It's utterly ridiculous.

KDB is the better player, it's so obvious if you'd actuallu WATCH their games.

inb4 biased

inb4 they play different positions

Looooooollll

This is the most blatant Emenalo signing of all time. We've been linked for nearly 2 years now.

Haha mate have you been following the rumours about our board the managers and players we buy... Dont know how much our managers have to say regarding transfers and we have been wanting him for more than a season doubt mou was certain to join at that time!

I mean, now, at least it needs Jose's approval before the final decision, right? How come Jose want to come back, if Emenalo "still" have an authority to sign whoever he wants?

Torres at his prime is 100x the player Schurrle will ever be and Andy Carroll was a classic case of panic buys.

A. They are completely different players, so comparing ability is pointless...

B. He hasn't been at his prime for 4 years.

Also, how do you know that. Schurlle is only 22. Whats to say he still can't improve. And finally, because he is only at that age, we will be able to sell him on at a later date if needed for a similar sort of fee, if not more, if he performs well.

A player of his status? :lol2:

Yes? A proven player in the Bundesliga who's good enough for the German national team, but not by any means a superstar like Neymar etc.