David Luiz

the wes

On 27/08/2018 at 6:36 PM, Vybzkartel said:

When was the last time Luiz really had a howler? People always like to find a scape goat and Luiz has always been an easy target. 

its not scapegoating, he genuinely is shit at defending

I cant see either of these happening unfortunately. Romagnolis just signed a new contract and been made captain and Caldara just signed taking over from Bonucci

With them being hyped as the future of Milan and the Italy team it would seem impossible.

Chelsea, Sarri wants Caldara or Romagnoli: Milan's stance

In fact, David Luiz and Gary Cahill are not in Chelsea's plans

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/chelsea-sarri-wants-caldara-or-romagnoli-milan-s-stance-36492

On 10/09/2018 at 11:51 AM, Unionjack said:

I cant see either of these happening unfortunately. Romagnolis just signed a new contract and been made captain and Caldara just signed taking over from Bonucci

With them being hyped as the future of Milan and the Italy team it would seem impossible.

Chelsea, Sarri wants Caldara or Romagnoli: Milan's stance

In fact, David Luiz and Gary Cahill are not in Chelsea's plans

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/chelsea-sarri-wants-caldara-or-romagnoli-milan-s-stance-36492

I am going back to my 2015 stance, ALL in for Romagnoli. I will also take Rugani or Caldara. I want (badly) an Italian CB and those 3 (plus a 31yo, soon 32  Bonucci) are the only class ones the entire nation has atm (Chiellini being too old, but if (impossible) he came on a free, then HELL yes, he has 2 years left in him, and could be a Terry godfather/teacher type for AC and the other young Chelsea beasts.

Filippo Romagna at Cagliari is maybe another, and 26yo (so no long term upside) Gian Marco Ferrari from Sassuolo and that is literally it. If you want really young potential ones, Alessandro Bastoni (19yo) at Parma and Marco Varnier (just turned 20) at Atalanta are the literally only others I remotely have encountered. They are stretches, but ones to maybe watch.

Its crazy how weak they have become in terms of CB's, when they historically have been the number one nation at churning them out over the last 30, 40 years.

Spoiler alert... Alessandro Nesta is my idea of a PERFECT CB, in a Platonic form.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am going back to my 2015 stance, ALL in for Romagnoli. I will also take Rugani or Caldara. I want (badly) an Italian CB and those 3 (plus a 31yo, soon 32  Bonucci) are the only class ones the entire nation has atm (Chiellini being too old, but if (impossible) he came on a free, then HELL yes, he has 2 years left in him, and could be a Terry godfather/teacher type for AC and the other young Chelsea beasts.

Filippo Romagna at Cagliari is maybe another, and 26yo (so no long term upside) Gian Marco Ferrari from Sassuolo and that is literally it. If you want really young potential ones, Alessandro Bastoni (19yo) at Parma and Marco Varnier (just turned 20) at Atalanta are the literally only others I remotely have encountered. They are stretches, but ones to maybe watch.

Its crazy how weak they have become in terms of CB's, when they historically have been the number one nation at churning them out over the last 30, 40 years.

Spoiler alert... Alessandro Nesta is my idea of a PERFECT CB, in a Platonic form.

It seems that it was one of Sarris main wants whem he came considering just how long we was linked with Italian CBs. It might be time we gave the old boy what he wanted.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

It seems that it was one of Sarris main wants whem he came considering just how long we was linked with Italian CBs. It might be time we gave the old boy what he wanted.

Slim pickings, I listed every one worth fuckall.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are to open talks over a new two-year deal with 31-year-old central defender David Luiz, whose current contract runs out next summer. (Sun on Sunday) 

our board can't be real to offer Luiz a new deal  🙁🙁🙁

FFS!!!!!

I am so so not happy to hear this!!! Are they watching the same games we are?! By far our worst starter, other than maybe Morata.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, the wes said:

Chelsea are to open talks over a new two-year deal with 31-year-old central defender David Luiz, whose current contract runs out next summer. (Sun on Sunday) 

our board can't be real to offer Luiz a new deal  🙁🙁🙁

I'd keep him but not as a starter.

What hes got that we need is his character on and off the pitch

The issues he has defending tho are part of his character. He goes into tackles full heartedly, wanting to take the opponent out.

And when ge gets lost or loses his mark hes just not concentrating. That should have been trained out of him YEARS ago but its always been part of him.

Alonsos problem is his speed. He gets so far forward - which he is good at - that he has to run like fuck to get back and fails. This is something that at his age cant be changed.

Put those 2 problems together in the same team - one who is learning how to press high in formation as 1 unit - and it causes us problems.

I like Luiz a lot as a person and have to say I was quite happy when he came back But hes just not what we need right now and a long renewal shouldn;t be made unless hes told to expect bench time

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'd keep him but not as a starter.

What hes got that we need is his character on and off the pitch

The issues he has defending tho are part of his character. He goes into tackles full heartedly, wanting to take the opponent out.

And when ge gets lost or loses his mark hes just not concentrating. That should have been trained out of him YEARS ago but its always been part of him.

Alonsos problem is his speed. He gets so far forward - which he is good at - that he has to run like fuck to get back and fails. This is something that at his age cant be changed.

Put those 2 problems together in the same team - one who is learning how to press high in formation as 1 unit - and it causes us problems.

I like Luiz a lot as a person and have to say I was quite happy when he came back But hes just not what we need right now and a long renewal shouldn;t be made unless hes told to expect bench time

Also,Luiz's bad habits (temper, rashness) are starting to rub off on Rudiger. Rudiger, as long as he goes back to coolhead play, will be crazy good in Sarriball. He needs the calmness of AC and Amps around him, not volcano-in-waiting Luiz.

Not the best defender by any meaning but amazing character and shows passion for the club in every big game.

I dont get how some can hate him and want him out. Pointing at bench due to brainfarts in game yeah, but actualy hating on like him; such "fans" can fuck off.

16 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Fantastic performance today. Man of the match contender along with Kante and Kovacic.

Kante?  LOLOL, Who do you think sagged off Sturridge and allowed him all the time in the world for that goal, plus brought little to the offensive end in the 2nd half?

I am a chief Luiz basher,and today he played fucking great. I rated Kovacic, then him as 2 best players

I hope I can start to forget about Luiz and his issues and just concentrate on other things (Striker and Willian for now, our too biggest weaknesses, IF Luiz plays like today,and if Pedro cant have a go every game)

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Kante?  LOLOL, Who do you think sagged off Sturridge and allowed him all the time in the world for that goal, plus brought little to the offensive end in the 2nd half?

I am a chief Luiz basher,and today he played fucking great. I rated Kovacic, then him as 2 best players

I hope I can start to forget about Luiz and his issues and just concentrate on other things (Striker and Willian for now, our too biggest weaknesses, IF Luiz plays like today,and if Pedro cant have a go every game)

Kante played very well, its unfortunate the sturridge shot was that good, but it is what it is. Kante should have had an assist for putting hazard through on goal, one on one with the keeper