Youssouf Mulumbu

So the player tweeted this earlier

@mulumbuofficial

Chelsea, Liverpool or Newcastle next season...

All i know is that he's said that RDM played a big role in his development as a player, so might be a hint that Robbie will get the job. Might be an Essien replacement after Mikel and Romeu. Will be interesting to see how this develops

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would absolutely LOVE it if we signed this man!

He's just like Cahill - Looks decent in a decent team, but would be superb in a Champions League WINNING team.

Definitely not an Essien replacement, as he's more box-to-box, but he'd certainly be reminiscent of Makelele in a few ways which would be great.

I hope we get him. I really, really do.

Mulumbu woah Mulumbu woah

he comes from Africa

he's better than Kaka

PERFECT! I shall be chanting that during every game of ours from now on.

Not world class, but for the price he'd be (probably around £5mil) he'd be a great squad player. I would however rather just keep Romeu and give him more game time instead now that I think about it.

I dont know, he cant be starter, while on bench, we already have Romeu.

He looks decent for 5 mio, but with lower budget, we have to spend every milion carefully.

For example, we offer 30 mio for Hulk, but Porto wants 35 and then we offer them 35, instead of loosing Hulk because we spent 5 mio on Mulumbu.

No thanks, then

Seriously?, the player isn't good enough for our squad, what a waste of money it would be to get him. He's the type of shit Liverpool settle for, he was class in his first season when West Brom took over, he scored 7 or 8 goals in the premier league, but at the moment he hasn't been as good.

ive never really seen him so i cant give an opinion but ive not heard anyone say hes anythin particularly special either is he really that good?

I think he's a good player but a bit too rash.

He's a kind of box-to-box with defensive abilties. He can tackle or intercept quite well, he's among the players who are able to regain the ball those ways. He's good when he goes forward, it's difficult to stop him when he's on the ball and sometimes he manages to give very good deliveries at the end of his runs. He has a good passing game

But I don't find him reliable enough, even if WBA has a very good 5 man midfield, Mulumbu's role has always been wide. I'm not a big fan of those players who can do a lit of things but who aren't especially very good in a precise domain. Especially at Chelsea where the roles are defined.

I've already seen him losing the ball in dangerous areas and he has his games where he's in or out.

It seems clear he's a Plan B or C after Tioté. I think he'll end up at Liverpool who also tracks Wigan's Diamé. I was sure there would be rumours about possible WBA players arrival at Chelsea due to Di Matteo or Newton. I'd like James Morrison who is a versatile playmaker able to play almost everywhere between defense and attack lines

Diame isn't spectacular defensive player either, but he does have flair i'll give him that.

He's a harsh tackler but not with a genuine tackling technique (à la Vieira). He doesn't keeps the ball under control

If I had to choose between Mulumbu and Diamé, I'd take Mulumbu who reads the play better

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You