Spike

20 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Israel blowing up laptops and walkie talkies now in Lebanon and Syria - children maimed and murdered. 

The Israeli regime is a danger to its own people - only time before Israeli civilians will be killed in return

That sounds like science fiction come true. I'm surprised that this can be done if Israel did it. 

But has Israel said they done that? Because I'm surprised they have that ability to do that. 

I wonder if someone can do the same with our phones? Can they make our phones blow up from afar? 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

But is it really Israel that did that?

And if they did that, that's insane!

How can you do something like that? 

Simple. They intercepted the shipment of pagers from Taiwan to Lebanon, loaded thousands of the pagers them with explosives that could be triggered remotely, and sent the shipment back on its way to Lebanon. 

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Simple. They intercepted the shipment of pagers from Taiwan to Lebanon, loaded thousands of the pagers them with explosives that could be triggered remotely, and sent the shipment back on its way to Lebanon. 

Oh interesting, it's much different then what I was thinking. lol 

I thought it was some crazy technology that you can do it with any electronic in the world. Like the power to control every technology in the world with one button. I watch too much scifi

Edited by Fernando

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Oh interesting, it's much different then what I was thinking. lol 

I thought it was some crazy technology that you can do it with any electronic in the world. Like the power to control every technology in the world with one button. I watch too much scifi

Yeah it's likely possible to overheat a device with hacking: just need to find the instructions that generate the most heat and make them spin faster. Some devices would break in specific ways, and some could potentially explode, but that'd be a design flaw in my book. 😆

Actually putting explosives inside the devices is far more effective eh.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

You don't know where they will be stored and it was n't maximum security.
I shipped a piece of furniture from England to Greece once upon a time and it came via Yokohama !
It was no mistake as I phoned the British company to ask what was happening and they said "there is no problem sir, but the ship has to go to Yokohama first" !
So the Israelis break into a depo and do their stuff and then wrap up everything as original.

There are other ways of doing it such as inserting an active voltage into a device.
In a post 1984 world we are all going to have a chip embedded in our head -or shoulder maybe- and this if we don't behave will be fed with an active voltage causing an electrical shock.
This of course requires a system of antennas to be placed perimetrically around the cities for big brother's signals to travel, but in any case it's not normally possible with the devices we normally carry now.
So the Israelis did what I said before.
There is a rumour that they done Yassir Arafat the same way. Somehow they got hold of his medicins, replaced them with poison and then put them back in their boxes.

Edited by cosmicway