Spike

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Last guy was a democrat too. He registered republican to elect shit candidates in his region. 

And? 🤷‍♂️you are talking about 4-5 times the population of Australia here. Sounds a bit silly to generalize 100m people like that. Besides, you do know Trump used to be a registered democrat and donor once, right?

comes with the territory with being a divisive figure and insulting everyone who opposes him. He makes a lot of enemies and not all are cat ladies.

this particular one apparently would “die for Ukraine” which evidently made Trump a target given that Russia wins as soon as Trump is elected.

Once again, Trump may be thinking about his odds at the moment.

Edited by robsblubot

On 14/09/2024 at 21:20, robsblubot said:

I’m not sure this is the root cause; the hunger has always been there. it’s missing the “what’s different now” question. Which is what is addressed in the Yuval interview I posted earlier: fiction is cheaper (to produce) and the algos treat all info the same. So, junk becomes abundant by sheer volume.

The true danger in my opinion, is that groups like QAnon distract from real conspiracies making the wider society view ANY conspiracy theory automatically as untrue and every theorist a loony bin candidate. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if movements like QAnon and others are purposefully fed lies with sprinkles of truth by real conspirators, in order to distract and diminish the credibility of anyone who might be onto them (lol, guess I just created a new conspiracy theory 😄). It gives them a nice safety net of "oh they're just right-wing conspiracy nutjobs" even when they sometimes actually touch a real subject, no-one will believe them.

In general it ties to the spread of misinformation like in every aspect of media. The point is to muddy the waters enough so that people wouldn't know truth from fiction anymore, and that is a very fertile breeding ground for corporate criminals.

9 minutes ago, manpe said:

The true danger in my opinion, is that groups like QAnon distract from real conspiracies making the wider society view ANY conspiracy theory automatically as untrue and every theorist a loony bin candidate. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if movements like QAnon and others are purposefully fed lies with sprinkles of truth by real conspirators, in order to distract and diminish the credibility of anyone who might be onto them (lol, guess I just created a new conspiracy theory 😄). It gives them a nice safety net of "oh they're just right-wing conspiracy nutjobs" even when they sometimes actually touch a real subject, no-one will believe them.

In general it ties to the spread of misinformation like in every aspect of media. The point is to muddy the waters enough so that people wouldn't know truth from fiction anymore, and that is a very fertile breeding ground for corporate criminals.

the vast majorly of conspiracy theory are false. Most are so far-fetched that they don’t even pass the plausibility test given how visible and obvious such things would be.

Ironically the only proven conspiracy of late was trump scheme to overturn the last election. That lawsuit will go away if he wins tho.

suggest watching the YouTube video with the Yuval interview I posted 2 pages back because his point about how social media became a conspiracy theory machine makes total sense (it’s how the ranking of info is done).

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, Thor said:

What is this based off exactly? 

Genuine question. 

I think it’s a fair assumption: not one I myself make, but rather one I suspect the attacker did.

Perhaps due to Trump’s self-proclaimed (heard him say that multiple times) special relationship with Putin? https://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/4484909-trump-has-kept-up-his-old-creepy-affections-for-putin/amp/

or directly claiming that he will “end” the war https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-it-wont-accept-ultimatum-type-invitations-second-ukraine-peace-2024-07-18/

Seems a stretch. 

Regardless - the world is ugly these days. I couldn't give a shit about politics but its sad seeing people in my day to day, and on here, act completely loyal to people they don't know in politics and act as if one side is all wrongdoing and the other near perfect. Not only that - people ending relationships with people just because of differences in that opinion. 

World is truly sick, and people are thin skinned and pathetic. 

51 minutes ago, Thor said:

Seems a stretch. 

Regardless - the world is ugly these days. I couldn't give a shit about politics but its sad seeing people in my day to day, and on here, act completely loyal to people they don't know in politics and act as if one side is all wrongdoing and the other near perfect. Not only that - people ending relationships with people just because of differences in that opinion. 

World is truly sick, and people are thin skinned and pathetic. 

Yeah maybe, but like I said i wasn’t the one making the connection just trying to understand why the attacker may have done it.

i personally understand representation, so im totally OK with the notion that folks who disagree a lot with me exist in numbers and also deserve representation. Trump is a bit different than all politicians from the right I’ve seen before tho—personal experience.

Think much of what you talk about is caused by social media and the algos which is discussed in the long Yuval Harari interview I posted earlier. 

thought the interview was actually well conducted too: https://youtu.be/toF5PIClNZ4

Edited by robsblubot

13 hours ago, Thor said:

Democrat voters are crazy. Tried to assassinate Trump again.

Crazy that he’d want the job after all this lol.  

this asshat was a Trump supporter in 2016

and the dead cunt who shot actually Trump was a right winger

do not try to gaslight here

it will never work

Well the first bloke was a confusing one. Registered as republican yet donated to democrat causes the same year. 

As far as this new bloke, If he was an alleged Trump supporter in 2016 a lot of his activity these past several years is very contradictory. Pushing for the defunding of police, supporting Gubbard during her democrat period, posts expressing support for Biden/Harris, and all of his political donations since 2012 were for a committee that supported democratic candidates. 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Well the first bloke was a confusing one. Registered as republican yet donated to democrat causes the same year. 

As far as this new bloke, If he was an alleged Trump supporter in 2016 a lot of his activity these past several years is very contradictory. Pushing for the defunding of police, supporting Gubbard during her democrat period, posts expressing support for Biden/Harris, and all of his political donations since 2012 were for a committee that supported democratic candidates. 

Great speeches by great men:

Winston Churchill: We shall fight on the beaches
JFK: Ich bin ein Berliner
Charles De Gaulle: Quebec libre

Those went down well when they were spoken.
Now D,J. Trump's dog speech. Will it be an election winner or an election loser ?

Edited by cosmicway

35 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Great speeches by great men:

Winston Churchill: We shall fight on the beaches
JFK: Ich bin ein Berliner
Charles De Gaulle: Quebec libre

Those went down well when they were spoken.
Now D,J. Trump's dog speech. Will it be an election winner or an election loser ?

atm the race is 100 per cent a toss-up

Trump has overcome both the post convention bounce for Harris and his disastrous debate

it so looks like it will be a close run thing

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

atm the race is 100 per cent a toss-up

Trump has overcome both the post convention bounce for Harris and his disastrous debate

it so looks like it will be a close run thing

Trump and his team play the media like a fiddle. 

They are always in control of the narrative. Harris' debate performance lasted only a few/couple days and the media was back talking about dogs and a small Ohio town.

There is no way out: social media let the algos do their thing to make more money while public news media cater to shareholders in similar ways.

It will be decided in the last month as it usually happens; who has the momentum and whatnot.
If we get Trump again, then it's going to be well-deserved.

Elon Musk on his X, an unfettered sewage outfall spewing bile and a never ending discharge of untruths, has said 'No one has tried to kill Biden or Harris yet'

Step forward the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire, which fantasised about the killing of Harris in a message posted on X,  “Anyone who murders Kamala Harris would be an American hero.”

49 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Elon Musk on his X, an unfettered sewage outfall spewing bile and a never ending discharge of untruths, has said 'No one has tried to kill Biden or Harris yet'

Step forward the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire, which fantasised about the killing of Harris in a message posted on X,  “Anyone who murders Kamala Harris would be an American hero.”

JFK was murdered by a hitman - conspiracy or not. Lincoln the same. Aldo Moro in Italy the same.
Those who are after Trump are neighbourhood yobos with a gun, those people whose right to weaponize themselves he defends.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

and the fuckers now play the 'victim' card:

It's a shame that even on a "free speech" website that libertarians cannot speak freely.

Libertarians are truly the most oppressed minority.