Spike

4 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The numbers are bullshit though which can be manipulated to say anything. there's not a single American you can talk to, who isnt rich out of their mind, who feels inflation is better right now than in 2021 when folks were being given cash for covid relief.

Bollocks. (the bold part)

The stuff of tinfoil-hattery.

Big claims demand big evidence, and you have none.

Zero chance the Fed and the BLS are involved in systemic fraud via cooking the books to the tune of trillions of dollars (which is what your claims would quickly add up to).

That would endanger the entire global financial system due the incredibly interlocked status of its millions of parts.

also you said this:

there's not a single American you can talk to, who isnt rich out of their mind, who feels inflation is better right now than in 2021 when folks were being given cash for covid relief.

that is pure sophistry, I made no such claims

all I said (and showed with verifiable information) was that broad-based inflation and core CPI are both on a downward trend (and both ARE well below their 5 year highs)

core CPI (the one that most impacts day-to-day lives):

image.png.02e98f5e29381007aee898fe0a086361.png

those very low mid to late 2020 and early 2021 numbers were the result of the exogenous shock that was the peak of the Covid pandemic

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bollocks. (the bold part)

The stuff of tinfoil-hattery.

Big claims demand big evidence, and you have none.

Zero chance the Fed and the BLS are involved in systemic fraud via cooking the books to the tune of trillions of dollars (which is what your claims would quickly add up to).

That would endanger the entire global financial system due the incredibly interlocked status of its millions of parts.

also you said this:

that is pure sophistry, I made no such claims

all I said (and showed with verifiable information) was that broad-based inflation and core CPI are both on a downward trend (and both ARE well below their 5 year highs)

core CPI (the one that most impacts day-to-day lives):

image.png.02e98f5e29381007aee898fe0a086361.png

those very low mid to late 2020 and early 2021 numbers were the result of the exogenous shock that was the peak of the Covid pandemic

What makes you think they wouldn't lie and cook the books? This is America we are speaking of.

Im old enough to remember our leaders laughing in our face with lies about Saddam and Iraq being in on 9/11 and having weapons of mass destruction. The idea they wouldn't lie when everybody can see they can't buy shit with money today and QOL is in the dumps is one not rooted in the reality of what America has already shown itself capable of doing.

I'd say the chance is closer to Zero any of these numbers being given are factual for the average American. 😄 

And the whole globe can be in on an absolute lie when Americans want them to be:

I think many Europeans view America the way a family friend views a child telling them that their good buddy isnt such a good buddy behind closed doors. Our government agencies lie, lie, and lie. 

On 26/05/2024 at 16:22, Thor said:

I'm not sure I understand. 

Letting people into a country illegally is what over time causes a downtrend in a country - both economically and values/safety wise. 

Same way you wouldn't invite strangers into your home without vetting them. 

Your argument is rubbished from the moment you don't know who is an illegal immigrant and who is not.
Only the cops know that if they go to the Home Office website and search.
Therefore with this talk everybody is attacked the same and your argument is rubbished.

7 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

And the whole globe can be in on an absolute lie when Americans want them to be:

I think many Europeans view America the way a family friend views a child telling them that their good buddy isnt such a good buddy behind closed doors. Our government agencies lie, lie, and lie. 

I remember that- and the other lies about Kuwaiti Air stewardesses being raped. 100% BS. 

What with that, and Sec of State Madeleine Albright saying to Saddam - ''we have no problem with your claim of Kuwait being Iraqi territory'' the trap was set for the annihilation of Iraq, the stealing of resources and daddy Bushs' revenge, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of deaths

12 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Any view of the United *States* of America that sees a one entity is wrong imo.

states here are a lot more autonomy than in other countries. Soh much so that elections are run by each state, and high makes trump claims of mass fraud in a decentralized system even more laughable.

every system is imperfect! We tend to choose the better systems tho; the he ones are high work the best for our needs.

It was ambassador April Gillespie who said to Saddam Hussein "we are not taking sides in your onflict with Kuwait".
It was n't Albright.
But if that was a trap then Michael Gorbatchev was also part of it.
After the invasion the commies everywhere were jumping with joy as they were of course supporting Iraq. It could n't cross their mind that USSR was not going to use the power of veto in the UN to stop the operation desert shield. It hit them as a bombshell and we all knew Iraq was defeated from that moment.
At the time Michael Gorbatchev was the undisputed leader and true hero of world communism - the reds called him a "traitor" eventually but that was in the future.
The Chinese also did not use their veto but maybe that was expected.

15 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I remember that- and the other lies about Kuwaiti Air stewardesses being raped. 100% BS. 

What with that, and Sec of State Madeleine Albright saying to Saddam - ''we have no problem with your claim of Kuwait being Iraqi territory'' the trap was set for the annihilation of Iraq, the stealing of resources and daddy Bushs' revenge, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of deaths

Yep.

Millions and millions fed to the shredder based on nothing but lies.

I remember sitting in school the day after we announced we were invading Iraq again and NOBODY even at that point believed Bush, but the right people believed in the lies and kids I knew back then were thrown into a conflict we never had a chance at winning. We were a screwed generation even from the beginning. 

10 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Any view of the United *States* of America that sees a one entity is wrong imo.

states here are a lot more autonomy than in other countries. Soh much so that elections are run by each state, and high makes trump claims of mass fraud in a decentralized system even more laughable.

every system is imperfect! We tend to choose the better systems tho; the he ones are high work the best for our needs.

100% agree on states, but I'd say on the federal level when we want to lie we can do it as shown throughout history.

You can't even get a family meal at McDonald's for less than 50 bucks now which is hilarious because that cheap food used to mean something to Americans. Our society is speed running into the dumpster. One party thinks things are getting better, and the other is crying about gender. A poor choice all around.

If republicans had any answers to ANYTHING they'd have a good shout this fall, but that party has fallen apart like this country. We need another Obama type of character badly.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Yep.

Millions and millions fed to the shredder based on nothing but lies.

I remember sitting in school the day after we announced we were invading Iraq again and NOBODY even at that point believed Bush, but the right people believed in the lies and kids I knew back then were thrown into a conflict we never had a chance at winning. We were a screwed generation even from the beginning. 

Τηε WMD story was silly and was n't even needed to give more justification to the operation desert strom.
First in the summer of 2002 the UN had done a thorough job and there were no WMD in Iraq.
Second if Saddam had WMD he would say so to deter the invasion.
Saddam was a WMD man. In 1984 his nuclear reactors were destroyed by the Israelis (operation Opera). Then the chemicals he used against the Kurds. No doubt he was hoping to be able to start again sometime, but in 2003 he had nothing of the sort and Bush-Blair made fools of themselves.
Bush should have known better.
Blair imho was never number 10 material. A former pizza boy operating in the City of London area. Has seen Oxford in postcards.
During Blair's years as prime minister the brexit movement grew and became a monster force.

Edited by cosmicway

14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Τηε WMD story was silly and was n't even needed to give more justification to the operation desert strom.
First in the summer of 2002 the UN had done a thorough job and there were not WMD.
Second if Saddam had WMD he would say so to deter the invasion.
Saddam was a WMD man. In 1984 his nuclear reactors were destroyed by the Israelis (operation Opera). Then the chemicals he used against the Kurds. No doubt he was hoping to be able to start again sometime, but in 2003 he had nothing of the sort and Bush-Blair made fools of themselves.
Bush should have known better.
Blair imho was never number 10 material. A former pizza boy operating in the City of London area. Has seen Oxford in postcards.
During Blair's years as prime minister the brexit movement grew and became a monster force.

Blair was Bush's lackey. No different than what Christian is to Andrew Tate. Or Giuliani is to Trump.

Men with no dignity.

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Blair was Bush's lackey. No different than what Christian is to Andrew Tate. Or Giuliani is to Trump.

Men with no dignity.

Blair was around long before Bush and any British pm is second string to POTUS.
But anyway I don't rate him as a great politician.

Just now, cosmicway said:

Blair was around long before Bush and any British pm is second string to POTUS.
But anyway I don't rate him as a great politician.

Giuliani was around long before Trump.

There is no shortage of world leaders who are second string to POTUS, but they didnt lick balls the way Blair did.

9 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Hitler rants to von Shitzenpantz.

MAGA has fully embraced Diaper Don Von Shitzenpantz. They are now wearing diapers in solidarity. Totally not a cult.

4c7a04_1f654d002e6a412aa3c4c728d5ded547~GMmI_dfXAAA4bVE.jpg4c7a04_78b35b21decf479b924e3b60df0ba2ca~843.jpgGMm7hJZW8AAsFBt?format=jpg&name=large4c7a04_7c0f770942fd4d279e682276224027a0~4c7a04_7c5d1b8fe7af47caa3bc1b701934f283~4c7a04_674d3e2dfd404a26ba3c925b31d32f2c~4c7a04_15d4dc566e584f1a8a3e37b4d0e39836~