What tactics do we use for the final?

This is a 1 off game so we need to make sure that the way we approach the final is the correct one.

I personally think we should just park it like the last two games against Barca and try and nick a goal. We're not going to outplay Munich or Madrid, so imo this should be the way to go. I don't care if we win by playing ultra-defensive or negative football, I just want that damn trophy.

Thoughts? Opinions?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Parking won't work against Real, we'll have to pull off a smash-and-grab against them. Mourinho is much, much smarter and much more of a Machiavellian person than Guardiola, he will give up everything he holds dear in terms of a football philosophy to win.

Bayern, we can play off the park no problems. Keep 60% possession and have like 20 shots. Half their team, especially vital players like Lahm and Kroos are on the verge of missing the final. Ribery and Robben apparently had a huge bust-up in training, with punches being thrown. Mario Gomez is just a shit Drogba, Luiz and Cahill can deal with him easily. Schweinsteiger has me a little bit worried, but given the extreme circumstances they're facing, it's a foregone conclusion for me if Bayern get into the final, UEFA may as well give us the trophy before the match.

We cannot afford to park a bus against RM or Bayern. They have other resources to break our wall like great distance shoots and dangerous freekicks/corners, and players with high height. Also both of them have a typical 9, any cross could be an oportunity to score.

Obviously, unlike against Barcelona, we will have to come out and play, which we can easily do against Bayern. Against Madrid it will be tougher but it can be done. If we sit back against Madrid we will lose. Unlike Barca, they will try different things and actual shots unlike Barca who tried to pass the ball into the net. Barcelona was stubborn. They only know how to play one way and that's why they lost. They don't know how to play tough and gritty, which Madrid and Mourinho do.

P.S: I still haven't got an answer. Anyone know which Bayern and Madrid players are on Yellows? A link to a website would be just as good.

I think we'll sit back a bit first half, try and feel ourselves into the game and then hope to be 0-0 at H/T to then go for it in the 2nd half. Either that or we'll get an early goal and play counter attacking. i think it will be conservative though because that's the way we are.

I think we'll sit back a bit first half, try and feel ourselves into the game and then hope to be 0-0 at H/T to then go for it in the 2nd half. Either that or we'll get an early goal and play counter attacking. i think it will be conservative though because that's the way we are.

If it's against a depleted Bayern side, we can afford to come out and really play.

Well yeah it all depends on who we get and who's available for them. I'm thinking tho that we'll get a full strength Madrid team who have more stars than anyone so we'll have to soak up pressure and hope to counter well when given the chance. I reckon it's about 70% that we'll be playing Real Madrid in Munich so we should prepare already. All eyes will be on the game anyway. Real Madrid have always had defensive problems tho and i expect Bayern might score so it could be interesting.

We are in deep shit with these bastard suspensions, but i'm gonna give this a try.

Cech

Bosingwa-Cahill-Luiz-Cole

Mikel-Lampard

Drogba-Mata-Sturridge

Torres

Drogba and Torres have really huge roles to play, i would play Malouda but i can see him letting us down BIG TIME in the final. Bosingwa... what a fucking liability he is, Drogba can help him out the back. Let Drogba play a pretty much right back/midfield game. Mata and Sturridge and Torres need a big work rate, they must do it!, and they are needed on the counter attack.

Sturridge has been bad recently, but hes talented in dribbling, pace and having that amazing flair, we need him to be a winger and just bail down on the counter attack, i've seen him play like a world class winger. United home, England Vs Netherlands, where he has raped full backs and whipped in a sweet square. We need him to do this and on his favoured left foot, he has to remember this is his time to prove himself, for the team not to fucking have a shot on goal 24/7.

Mata needs to be better too.

Only thing is, this is still a very unlikely line up, i don't know Cahills condition, i didn't see him getting taken off and haven't heard anything. Will he be able to play?, and will David Luiz be back in time?.