The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

And Drogba's somewhat theatrical and slightly late expression/reaction didn't help matters then too.

And reputation. It wasn't a dive, it was an embellishment. Drogba definitely was fouled, but he went down like he was shot. (The key is often that the knees are up when players dive/embellish to make it look more dramatic. When you get hit or tripped and are falling, you just put your hands down to protect yourself or try to cushion your fall in some other way. Anything else is just completely unnatural.) I'd actually like to see more double yellows. That is a foul where the player being fouled also exaggerates. Referees seem to think it has to be one or the other but often it's both.

Spot the difference...

Hiddink30.jpg

"We should have decided the game before getting into a worldwide discussion of the penalties.

Of course players can make mistakes, coaches can mistakes and referees can make mistakes, but that is all in the game. But if you have seen three or four situations waved away then that is the worst refereeing I have seen.

I agree with the statement that if there was any justice in football we would be in the final now."

VERSUS

Ferguson yesterday...

One ref decision goes against them and they all go bonkers, which just confirms the fact that the officials help them almost all the time. The sore losers aren't used to it.

Why people are even debating is beyond me, Nani went kung fu on the Real Madrid player, it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not. That tackle was a very dangerous one, and thus a red card offence.

Oh. My. World.

The 18-year-old, from Nottinghamshire, felt the controversial red card during the second-leg clash against Real Madrid was a crime and contacted police

A furious Manchester United fan was so outraged by last night’s controversial decision to send off winger Nani he dialled 999 to report the referee.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/manchester-united-fan-dials-999-1746509

Oh. My. World.

The 18-year-old, from Nottinghamshire, felt the controversial red card during the second-leg clash against Real Madrid was a crime and contacted police

A furious Manchester United fan was so outraged by last night’s controversial decision to send off winger Nani he dialled 999 to report the referee.

Well, props to The Mirror who gave him what he was looking for...ATTENTION!

Oh. My. World.

WHAT.A.PLEB.