Jose Bosingwa

I wonder if AVB will go after him in the summer, he's followed a similar pattern before by trying to sign Pereira from his former club. He fucking loved Bosingwa, even preferred him over Bertrand at left back, practically untouchable during his tenure (for the most part).

Not true. When everyone was fit at the back, bar the first few games of the season, Iva always started ahead of Bos at RB.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. When everyone was fit at the back, bar the first few games of the season, Iva always started ahead of Bos at RB.

He clearly rated Bosingwa, pre-season onwards he was gearing up to be our first choice RB. Even when Ivanovic returned he was still favoured for his attacking instincts. It took monumentally poor performances even by his standards until AVB saw sense, Bosingwa suited his naive philosophy.

He clearly rated Bosingwa, pre-season onwards he was gearing up to be our first choice RB. Even when Ivanovic returned he was still favoured for his attacking instincts. It took monumentally poor performances even by his standards until AVB saw sense, Bosingwa suited his naive philosophy.

I agree with that. I remember he was only dropped after he was the main cause for several costly goals. I hope you're right and he still rates him and wants him at Roma.

I agree with that. I remember he was only dropped after he was the main cause for several costly goals. I hope you're right and he still rates him and wants him at Roma.

Bosingwa was only finally dropped by AVB after the defensive debacle against Arsenal. It sure took long enough for AVB to realize his deficiencies when it comes to defending! :doh:

I wonder if AVB will go after him in the summer, he's followed a similar pattern before by trying to sign Pereira from his former club. He fucking loved Bosingwa, even preferred him over Bertrand at left back, practically untouchable during his tenure (for the most part).

We can hope.

Bosingwa was only finally dropped by AVB after the defensive debacle against Arsenal. It sure took long enough for AVB to realize his deficiencies when it comes to defending! :doh:

Yes but let's not forget that offensively he was rather good at the start of the season, earned a few late points.

Why don't you (all) take into consideration the fact that defending against 2 90mn a game whereas he wasn't any near of Ramires's stamina ? Of course that his play is very costling in terms of energy, when he makes that much runs to stretch the block that Sturridge only sees as an opportunity to cut inside ?

We can reproach him the fact not to be helped by his CB or winger, but please not a lack of lucidity considering the awful conditions he plays. Being a regular starter is not a clear piece of evidence he's the manager's favourite, I think Essien will agree with me.

He's still a bad defender and that cannot be held as an excuse over our opinion on him. This whole season he has been the liability in our defence, you watch him, he's not even diciplined, Alan Hansen even showed you that the ball hit off the post and he just wondered off. It was the least concentration you have ever seen by anyone, a premier league defender never shuts off, and he thought the ball went out. But it didn't it came back in and unfortuanately for him it went to the left winger and Luiz had to get him out of the shit.

His technical skills at defending aren't that bad infact they're pretty good, he's a decent marker, not the best but decent. And a good tackler, but when it comes to mentally he is such a stupid player. You can tell he is, he runs offside when it's so obvious, he also dribbles with the ball when there's about 4 of the other teams players around him and he's in our own half!. Bosingwa doesn't get tighly enough, he goes in at the wrong time, he hardly even notices when he's getting covered so he's left a big dirty gap somewhere else. He hasn't got a defenders brain, he cannot read the game. Yes he doesn't get much help off Sturridge, infact he doesn't get any these days but the point is he's a bad defender and a liability and needs to be ridden of in the summer.