• Torres
    • SUB - Drogba
    • SUB - Essien
    • SUB - Bosingwa

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that we should attack for 90 minutes, I just thought we would stand more chance of a result by playing 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 to start with (with Sturridge!) then reverting to a 4-5-1 late in the game when hopefully the damage had been done with Drogba the lone striker, you could see they were nervous & their crowd would of got on to them if we went for the jugular, as I said I just felt it was the best time to play them with our renewed confidence & their poor form.

As for Sturridge, he just needs to get his head up - that's all, I like players that are selfish it shows their confidence but he just needs to make the decisions of when to go it alone as opposed to laying off to a player in a better position & that comes with experience.

Are you really female? You're knowledge of football is outstanding & I mean that question in the nicest possible way! What I would give to have a girlfriend who liked football let alone Chelsea!!! The arguments I've had..........

^ lol that music. I thought he did alright yesterday. Nothing 'great', but not the shit-Torres that we've seen for majority of his Chelsea days. He was extremely isolated up front since Sturridge wasn't playing but tracked back a lot which was important for this game. The only real chance he had (when Ramires put in the low cross) he went for it and if it wasn't for a great clearance, he woulda scored. Up til now he was always shying away from those kind of chances, preferring to wait for the ball to feet in the penalty box. Touch & control was poor overall but he did okayish

Yeah the mistake was to stick with the same tactic throughout the game. Either start with a slightly more attacking formation as you suggest and then become defensive in the 2nd half OR start with the 4-5-1 like what happened and change it later. After the goal, everyone knew what was coming but we didn't change anything at all. Took off some legs in Meireles and brought on a tired/past-it Essien, took off energetic Torres.

RDM was perhaps making a statement with the Sturridge snub. I hope he starts against Spurs. He'll have learnt a lot in this last week. He got a lot of criticism from the fans on Sunday (groans every time he didn't pass) and RDM surely had a word with him after that game.

yes I am female. and single :eyebrows: :lol:

Watch out though, that's her in her avatar. :D

Wish I knew the inner workings of the club, I can’t get that image of Essien's sheer delight at the end of the game out of my head, hugging Nasri and all. Essien is a snake in the grass, he should be under surveillance. Roman and his goons should place hidden cameras in every room of his house like off the TV drama Homeland.