Younes Belhanda

bluesman2610

Scored 2 goals against Marseille yesterday ... first one was a penalty and the second one was a real beauty (half scissor kick) from the edge of the box.

I think he is a very good player and I think he could add something new to our midfield, which is very one-dimensional at the moment.

As bad as it sounds, I don't even think it's that. There's no creativity coming from the midfield whatsoever, proving that we're severely lacking in creative players. I mean, signing Mata was a great move, but he can't be the only one to feed all the balls through to Torres. We often bypass the midfield entirely so we need players willing to drop off a bit further to collect the ball, turn and start a sensible attack, rather than an aimless 50-60 yard pass over the top.

If we're not going to concentrate on signing out-and-out wingers, then I'd happily take Belhanda for a reduced price. If we fail to snap him, or other prospects such as him soon, we'll get our feet stood on and other clubs will come in for them and take them off our hands before we can officially "show our interest". He's a talented player that has a lot to learn which will benefit his game. Will he get this in Ligue 1 with Montpellier? No. He will gain it if he was to come over here to England and try and make his way into the first team. Sturridge has proven that you can achieve such a task, so it's plausible.

A player who's capable of spreading an inch-perfect cross-field ball as well as intricate, cutting passes through the defence? Not to mention he can score a few goals, has two great feet and good dribbling ability. Need we say more? Sign him. What harm can it do? I'd rather risk our money on "unproven" players as they come at a much lower price and isn't as much of a risk if they don't come good as you're not spending millions-upon-millions. Personally, I think Belhanda would be an ideal summer transfer for us. Though, realistically, I can only see Abramovich impact-buying, thinking we need some more "big name" stars in our squad and try again for Modric...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nothing wrong with what you said, but the problem stems from the fact that we don't have any managerial stability. If I'm a manager and literally buying myself another week on the job based on the result I can manage this week, well then not much chance I'd want to risk it on developing an unproven player when more than likely I won't be here to sow the benefits in the future.

i love this "unproven" argument when we signed players like j cole and lampard from west ham at the tim they were unproven and look at the impact they had/have at chelsea.. after watching that marseille game it has shown that he is that next dimension to our midfield we need with rambo and mata.. we need to get behind this and make sure get some serious buzz about this good young player

• 3 weeks later...

http://football-talk.co.uk/62889/arsenal-liverpool-check-in-on-15m-rated-moroccan-winger/

we are going to let arsenal or liverpool snap him up and then when he shows his talent and ability we are going to want to buy him i say get him before they do have him learn from frank..its a sad day that we dont recognize the talent of a such a good young player LM/CM/CAM/RM

He has talent but is a gamble, shows inconsistency

All transfers are a gamble, and what young player doesn't show signs of inconsistency? He still has a lot to learn, but he's not going to develop much more as a player in Ligue 1. Bigger clubs will have up and coming youngsters on their radars, and I for one hope we take a risk on one or two of these so-called 'unproven' talents plying their trade in the less competitive European leagues. He's a flair player, who will link well with the likes of Mata and Marin. The formation we've settled on suits us down to the ground, and with Belhanda coming in, he could go straight into the starting eleven.

Torres/Sturridge

Marin -- Mata -- Belhanda

Ramires -- Mikel/Romeu

Bertrand -- Cahill -- Terry/Luiz -- Right back

Cech

For me, that's a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to have other quality players to rotate Marin, Mata and Belhanda with, but other than that, the starting eleven would be a pretty strong outfit. I know the chances of that line-up becoming reality are very slim, but in football, you can never be certain!

All transfers are a gamble, and what young player doesn't show signs of inconsistency? He still has a lot to learn, but he's not going to develop much more as a player in Ligue 1. Bigger clubs will have up and coming youngsters on their radars, and I for one hope we take a risk on one or two of these so-called 'unproven' talents plying their trade in the less competitive European leagues. He's a flair player, who will link well with the likes of Mata and Marin. The formation we've settled on suits us down to the ground, and with Belhanda coming in, he could go straight into the starting eleven.

Torres/Sturridge

Marin -- Mata -- Belhanda

Ramires -- Mikel/Romeu

Bertrand -- Cahill -- Terry/Luiz -- Right back

Cech

For me, that's a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to have other quality players to rotate Marin, Mata and Belhanda with, but other than that, the starting eleven would be a pretty strong outfit. I know the chances of that line-up becoming reality are very slim, but in football, you can never be certain!

have i missed something on the belhanda bit? we bid?

i just don't want us to go the route of hazard having the opportunity to sign him as a youth player for nothing and now looking to sign him for huge money especially with FFP right around the corner and he is too talented to pass .. if we want to be competitive right from the beginning of the season we need more talent young players like marin and belhanda to take us to the next level for years to come

have i missed something on the belhanda bit? we bid?

no but im saying this is a player we should be interested in getting first saw him play closer to the beginning of the season and have been watching him ever since someone i know will flourish in the system we currently play

no but im saying this is a player we should be interested in getting first saw him play closer to the beginning of the season and have been watching him ever since someone i know will flourish in the system we currently play

cheers! thought i missed summat then =/

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You