Ben Sahar

PaulHopkins

I am certain people were saying Drogba could not compare at age 18 to the likes of Cantona, Maradona and Pele.

Drogba was a VERY late developer too.

The club have been talking a lot recently about keeping players on longer (unless of course it is obvious they are NEVER going to improve) and that they are reserving final judgement now till 21/22 . Which is the right thing to do to make sure that the young players get the right development.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian Laws has confirmed a deal is close for Chelsea striker Ben Sahar.Laws said: "Ben Sahar is a player we have been talking about and he's a very talented young player.

"We're going to talk to the player before anything is done because he is young and new to the country, so probably does not know too much about Sheffield Wednesday.

"Chelsea have agreed to the move in principal, so it should go ahead if the player is happy with the move."

Sahar, who played on loan for fellow Championship club QPR earlier this season, is Israel's youngest full international after making his debut aged 17.

• 3 months later...

Roumers today that Portsmouth want to sign young Ben this summer. I think it is too early for him for us to let him go, but i wonder if we can organise a loan to a Prem Club for next season?

Wish it was more than a rumour.

Not good enough in my eyes -prob end up at Charlton, Palace or Tel Aviv.

Just finished a decent loan spell which is something for him to build on. Give him another season and see what happens..

as much as i have my hopes still pinned on him, he's looking like another version of forsell.. high hopes, promising loan spells..

Since his first season when he looked excellant he has really slumped and looked very very ordinary!!! But at the end of this season he has started to look very good again. This is something that happens often with young players, they go through a tough spell. Hopefully we will see an improvement from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

NEC Nijmegen have agreed a deal to sign Ben Sahar from Chelsea.

The 18-year-old striker is currently in Holland speaking with NEC officials and holding further talks with coach Mario Been.

The Israeli international finished last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday have previously spent most of the campaign with Queens Park Rangers.

Chelsea are now ready to let him join NEC on a season-long loan.

"The contacts have come through a well-known network, Frank Arnesen is technical director at Chelsea and the talks have been natural," technical director Carlos Aalbers told De Gelderlander.

Ben_Sahar_769068.jpg

Aalbers is now hopeful a deal can be concluded.

"We will examine the financial deal with Chelsea in the coming days," he continued.

"How large is our chance [of signing him], I dare not say at this moment."

Source: Sky Sports

Edited by EskWeston

I still feel he was rushed. In his first season he is making first team appearances, then season after various loan spells, followed by more loan spells. Has never really had the time to settle that most young players get.

• 3 weeks later...

Just confirmed that Ben Sahar is going to Portsmouth as a lending (correct term, just asking to improve my English ;) )

It is okay, he´ll get some more practise and in about 2 or 3 years he´ll be a striker for the mighty blues again

• 4 months later...

Chelsea's Ben Sahar could be on his way to Championship Crystal palace.

Palace boss Neil Warnock has admitted making an approach to The Blues regarding the Israel international.

The 19-year-old is currently on a six-month loan deal at Portsmouth, but has failed to make an impact on the South Coast and will be sent back to Stamford Bridge in January.

"We know Sahar is not playing at Portsmouth, he is someone we've asked about," he told the Croydon Advertiser.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You