Terry Targets Famous Quadruple

Steve

John Terry hailed the efforts of his team-mates for making sure the club remain in all competitions, and know the Chelsea captain wants to start lifting trophies, starting with the Carling Cup at the new Wembley.

Chelsea have a great record in the Carling Cup having won the competition last year by beating Arsenal in the final and also winning it in 2005 when they beat Liverpool. But both of those games were at the Millennium Stadium at Cardiff, and now Terry wants the privilege of being the first to lift a major trophy at Wembley.

He said: "Last year one of our greatest motivations for winning the Carling Cup was that it would be the first trophy won back at Wembley. That didn't happen, unfortunately.

"So we finished up winning the last trophy at Cardiff and then had to win the FA Cup to win the first trophy at Wembley.

"Now we can win the first Carling Cup back at Wembley and make no mistake, we want it."

"The Carling Cup has always been taken seriously by this club," he added. "Our attitude has been let's put out a strong team, let's get to the final and win it. It's the early opportunity to get our hands on some silverware and we want it.

"Every single year the players have made it clear we want to win this cup - everyone wants to be involved. "It's February and yet again we are in still in contention for all four trophies - and this is the first one. With all the injuries and upheavals we've had this season it's a magnificent effort by all the boys."

Although Chelsea continue to manage a host of injuries to key players, Terry refuses to rule out a Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League quadruple.

He said: "We're the only club in with a chance of winning all four and now is the big time. To win trophies you have to get on a roll at the right time. It starts now.

"In the league Manchester United and Arsenal have still got to play at the Bridge and we can't forget our amazing record there. We can use it positively.

"But to win The Premier League you need to go on a better roll than the other top teams. None of the top sides lose many in a season now. Games between us and dropped points against other sides are so crucial. So we need to keep on our roll in all competitions."

Source: Goal

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be really really happy if we win the UCL this season. Its in Moscow, that makes it even more special for us as it is Roman's home town.

More importantly, I wont to shut the fucking holes of those Scums from Pool, who mock us saying...We havent won the UCL inspite of investing millions into the team.

The PL is going to be the REAL difficult one for us to win. But going into the run in with a fully fit squad all eager to play and to impress when they do play we have an excellant shot at the 3 cups, we are a win over tottenham from winning the CC, the FA Cup draws are looking very helpful, and we have a cracking shot of the CL.

I don't think we have any chance of the quad. Would take something of a miracle. The fact we are still talking about it though is a huge deal....

Cant see us winning the quad.

EPL, don't think we have a chance of that unless something catastrophic happens to Man Utd, still think we will finish runners-up.

FA Cup, can see another Chelsea Man Utd final this year, think we would pull it off again.

League Cup, I cant see Tottenham giving us too much trouble in this weekends final, hope I don't live to regret saying that.

CL, think this could be the year we finally get to the final, will leave judgment on a result in the final till later in the competition.

More chance of the media stating that Gerrard is crap than us winning the Quad.

We'll be lucky to get the 2 cups this season. ( CC & FA )

C/L is a pipe dream. I dont see Grunt being able to tactically outwit a subbuteo team never mind a top european team.

P/L is not going to happen.

There will be chat about the quad every season because we always get far in everything. The reality is that we were cack yesterday and our away performances need major improvement even if yesterdays game wasnt a huge game but we still should be going there and winning. We dont seem to win away in KO stages, only Valencia i can recall and that was from a keeper fuck up, we did dominate tho i spose. The Fa Cup is 50/50, us or Man Utd. Carling Cup is probs 60/40 to us because we're one of the top 4, our record vs yido's is good and we are better. Tottenham are a good team with good players tho and will be hard to beat. The league is gone. can be any number between 1-3. The UCL is what i want more than anything. I would take defeat to yids in the cc final and defeat in the FA Cup semi and 3rd in the league to win the UCL.

There will be chat about the quad every season because we always get far in everything. The reality is that we were cack yesterday and our away performances need major improvement even if yesterdays game wasnt a huge game but we still should be going there and winning. We dont seem to win away in KO stages, only Valencia i can recall and that was from a keeper fuck up, we did dominate tho i spose. The Fa Cup is 50/50, us or Man Utd. Carling Cup is probs 60/40 to us because we're one of the top 4, our record vs yido's is good and we are better. Tottenham are a good team with good players tho and will be hard to beat. The league is gone. can be any number between 1-3. The UCL is what i want more than anything. I would take defeat to yids in the cc final and defeat in the FA Cup semi and 3rd in the league to win the UCL.

Id rather win the EPL than win just the UCL. I wold hate to be compared to Liverfools. EPL is the real deal....its about who coming on top after a season of hardfought matches. UCL needs luck luck and luck. thats why teams like Liverfool and porto have won it in recent times....If given a choice between EPL and UCL..its EPL for me.

I've got so used to us falling at the final hurdle in Europe that I have no expectation to win the European Cup this season. I think back-to-back FA and League cups is a great possibility and we would be the first team to win both competitions in two consecutive campaigns, as far as I know.