Norwich U18's v Chelsea U18's (FA Youth Cup)

EskWeston

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have paid big money for many of our under 17 signings

Don't you think basing your opinion on them over one game is a bit harsh?

Not too many of the lads were found in or around the Fulham area were they, they were bought in

If we are only looking there then we won't do well.

Obviously,The point still remains until we start producing senior squad players on a more regular basis Zolayes is right, its a waste of money buying these kids in only for them to be pimped out around the globe and make nothing of themselves here

Don't you think basing your opinion on them over one game is a bit harsh?

not based on one game or one season ...the last player to come from our academy and graduate as a first team player was

John Terry ,,,who the next one will be be God only knows

not based on one game or one season ...the last player to come from our academy and graduate as a first team player was

John Terry ,,,who the next one will be be God only knows

Since that what you wrote is really overused by chelsea fans, i will ask you this. Who was the last one to come from Arsenal academy before Wilshere?

Since that what you wrote is really overused by chelsea fans, i will ask you this. Who was the last one to come from Arsenal academy before Wilshere?

I dont give a shit about arsenal ,,Im talking about OUR academy and the money we spend on it and the return we get from it.

we have spent a lot ,,,and got back a pittance in transfer fees and FUCK ALL where it matters..on the pitch

that's got nothing to do with our lack of youth coming through. There is no need for comparisons to be drawn with other clubs. It's a simple case of being dissatisfied with what WE have done.

Ake, Chalobah and Islam appear to be great prospects to my eyes.

People who think Piazon will son walk into the first team will have to be very patient I think.

Thank you. In terms of potential Piazon is one of our best young players but in terms of hype he's also probably the most overhyped. Feruz is also hyped alot but although he was poor tonight he has done very well this season and no one assumes he should be starting every game after scoring a deflected shot like Piazon TBF.

Also there's always one self-piteous person who cries about Terry being the last one to come through, oh woe is me, Chelsea are rubbish with youths. This is getting tiresome. Name me one player we have let go who could have been Chelsea quality since Terry. Just one. Beckford? Lita? Mancienne? Sahar? Cole? Don't make me laugh.

It is not Chelsea that was wrong it was the youths. They were not good enough. After Roman came in he spent alot on the academy and scouring it's only now it's coming through. The likes of Mancienne would have gone through a system made for where Chelsea were before Roman came in. Now stop crying over spilt milk and try and be happy our youth is doing well which right now is the most we could ask for

Thank you. In terms of potential Piazon is one of our best young players but in terms of hype he's also probably the most overhyped. Feruz is also hyped alot but although he was poor tonight he has done very well this season and no one assumes he should be starting every game after scoring a deflected shot like Piazon TBF.

Also there's always one self-piteous person who cries about Terry being the last one to come through, oh woe is me, Chelsea are rubbish with youths. This is getting tiresome. Name me one player we have let go who could have been Chelsea quality since Terry. Just one. Beckford? Lita? Mancienne? Sahar? Cole? Don't make me laugh.

It is not Chelsea that was wrong it was the youths. They were not good enough. After Roman came in he spent alot on the academy and scouring it's only now it's coming through. The likes of Mancienne would have gone through a system made for where Chelsea were before Roman came in. Now stop crying over spilt milk and try and be happy our youth is doing well which right now is the most we could ask for

What does ja stand for?

As for the game itself:

Blackman looks good. His shot stopping is excellent. His height is a natural advantage but for most people it would also be a disadvantage for ground shots but his agility and reactions are great . Needs to work on catching crosses and kicking though.

Kane worked hard, reminds me of Walker. N'Kumu was good, Pappoe was shaky. Ake was great. Nditi didn't really impress me again. Baker and Swift showed good moments of skill but as midfielders they do not take charge of the midfield and look to make instinctive and incisive passes and in just general keeping possesion. Good dribblers but they will need to do more than that to make it. Chalobah was solid as usual and is by far the most composed and the best passer in this team. Affane was non-existent which was a shame, was impressed with him first round. Feruz had good moments but was a lonesome figure while Piazon was average. And Kiwomya needs to learn to use his pace outside the box and also how to play football outside the box. Right now I can only see him doing well as a striker playing off the last man

what the fuck does self piteous mean ....and if you are satisfied with the output from our academy ,,the you are to be pitied...

I can remember when we were poor and produced our own good players Wilkins Swain Langley all in the same team ..

even saw Greaves and Bridges and Tambling ...all Chelsea U 16s

so dont accuse me of crying over spilt milk

as we used to say in the services ,,I suggest you get some time in

The point of the academy is not only to create world-class players. The players you have mentioned were certainly not enough good to become the next big thing and be in our starting XI. But some of them would probably become good squad players, like Brown and O'Shea were for United, and like Jonny Evans is. Hence instead of having squad players of the likes of Ferreira, Meireles and Kalou who are on a £60k-a-week wage, we could have had Macienne, Sinclaire and Sotch who would be on a lesser wage and who would make our home-grown and english-player quota better.

This game most certainly was not a classic by any means, a poor game in truth but at least we made it through. This is a hugely talented team through and i hope they can gel better for the next game against West Ham. A lot of this team will be able to play next year too which is good news. Chalobah wasn't as good in this game for me, needed to be a bigger influence. Piazon and Affane struggled to get into the game, Piazon had to come central and deeper to get the ball. Adam Nditi is a liability for me at left back, he seems to me to be not to intelligent in the way he plays, when he played further forward he was able to get away with that but in defence he is gets caught a LOT making wrong choices.

Nathan Ake and John Swift have impressed the most over the 2 FA Youth Cup games, very very good players. But Chalobah, Baker, Piazon, Feruz and Kane are bloody top class players......