Frank Lampard

DavidEU

you and Manuf here just remember what you want to remember

against Wigan, he took the first penalty because it was only 1-0 and he was our regular penalty taker. As Drogba said afterwards - 'business comes first'. He was happy to let Drogba take the second one.

he did let DD take the 2nd penalty...

i'm not saying he didn't, but the 2nd one was kind of "yeah, it's 6* up, now you can take it"

*cant exactly remember which one was the 2nd penalty

besides, Lamps is known for being kind of egoistic when it comes to penalties. he was fighting with Di Canio as well.

Lampard has a selfish streak and has done for years. I tell you what there has been plenty of times when he has ignored a better placed teammate to smack one from 25 yards.

At least Ba showed a little class today and let him have it instead of asking for it.

I doubt some of you were into football back in these days but watch this

I've been into Chelsea and football for 43 years. You get some shite off the internet to prove your point, that sums it up for me. Fucking hell, seriously. Take it you sat down when one of Frank's raspers went in from 25 yards when a Torres of the moment would have ballooned it from 10. Get a fucking grip, Ba showing class over Lampard - doubt you are into football these days

I don't know how reliable the UK newspapers are, but the Mirror has also reported it, but it all seems pretty uncertain. Still nice to see, the decision isn't 100% sure as it was claimed to be.

"I would love to see Frank score 10 more goals this season to break the record. But I do not know about contract talks, but I know there are sometimes conversations between players and their agents." - Rafa Benitez

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-talks-up-frank-1521105

I`m sorry but giving him 2 years with the same wages is huge case of bottling it. Also if they have decided to give him that contract because he scored the fifth goal from a penalty that should have not have been given in the first place then its absolutely laughable.

They declined to go into detail but confirmed that Lampard's £150,000-a-week salary would not be slashed as a primary condition of any new deal.

:noexpression:

I'm all for a one-year extension but he's got to be looking at a significant pay cut.

This could just be an effort to appease some of the fans though.