Frank Lampard

DavidEU

A report in the Sun revealed that the midfielder's representative, Steve Kutner, was spotted in the crowd as the Galaxy beat Toronto 4-2 on Saturday night and a source told the paper: "We want the best players from around the world and Frank is top of our list. Getting Frank would send a message around the world that the MLS is serious."

What a joke, getting a declining 33 year old player doesn't show the seriousness of any league. But this is the sun, so it's probably made up.

I think Lampard can play a big role this season, if he is managed right and his game time is distributed correctly.

I honestly think we should return to 4-3-3 and Lampard can still make an impact in the top of the first three, and his experience alone will help the young lads. But we will need to be careful how often we play him, he should play once a week and i hope Roy does that aswell when we England play.

I think Lampard can play a big role this season, if he is managed right and his game time is distributed correctly.

I honestly think we should return to 4-3-3 and Lampard can still make an impact in the top of the first three, and his experience alone will help the young lads. But we will need to be careful how often we play him, he should play once a week and i hope Roy does that aswell when we England play.

+1. IMO Lamps is still our midfielder for a 4-3-3

+1. IMO Lamps is still our midfielder for a 4-3-3

Absolutely. People love to write about Lampard's decline as if he was a great player five years ago or something. Last season plenty of fans ripped on Lampard when he had a few bad games but... OPTA stats had him as the 7th most creative player in the Premier league and the 19th most valuable overall. EA Sports PPI had Lampard as the 21st best player in the Premier League (and third most valuable on Chelsea.) So, last season, Lampard was still one of the best players in the Premier League, integral to of our success in both the attack and in defending, captained us to the CL victory, switched positions without complaint, and because of a few mediocre matches after missing the summer due to injury, people are writing him off. No, he's not ideal for the double pivot, but he very likely has a lot left to give to Chelsea.

So we should go back to centering our tactics and game to a declining 34 year old who very well may be buggering off next year, which means that the likes of Oscar, Hazard and Mata have to make way (and play out of position) so we don't upset Lampard's feelings. Bollocks to that. He has to either adapt (and give the so called experience that some people bang on about like its a necessity that stops the end of the world) so others can flourish or he can fuck off.

So we should go back to centering our tactics and game to a declining 34 year old who very well may be buggering off next year, which means that the likes of Oscar, Hazard and Mata have to make way (and play out of position) so we don't upset Lampard's feelings. Bollocks to that. He has to either adapt (and give the so called experience that some people bang on about like its a necessity that stops the end of the world) so others can flourish or he can fuck off.

Amen. Last sentence is crudely put but the meaning is valid.

Next year we'll have both McEachran and De Bruyne back as an option. Plus Oscar and Hazard would've hopefully become mainstays in the team after a year of EPL experience under their belt. A lot of options, but light on experience.

Personally, I hope Lampard stays for another season or two to guide and mentor our young team. But I strongly believe that whatever role he plays wouldn't be to the detriment of the team. If he continues to play well and adds value to the team, then by all means, play him. But if he starts based on reputation alone, then I'm sorry, but I'd rather him go.

We're not a team of galacticos, if ever, we're a team of anti-galacticos. Mourinho laid down the foundation for that, but inadvertently created his own version of galacticos by saying that the likes of Lampard and Terry were untouchable. Time we move away from that culture and start anew with this fresh and exciting team. No room for egos here. We emulate the likes of Dortmund and Montepelier rather than Bayern and Real.

No, so we can get rid of te double pivot that will ruin our season.

The double pivot is not a bad thing if it is utilized properly. In my books we have few players who can slot in the double pivot quite nicely in Mikel, Ramires and Romeu (put David Luiz if you feel if he is someone who can play there as well, I have doubts). The problem is that RDM obviously prefers the 4-2-3-1 as his formation of choice but is desperatly trying to shoehorn in Lampard to keep him in his good books. Its either one or thee other but we should not change formations solely to accommodate and tend to the needs of Lampard for reasons already stated/

The double pivot is not a bad thing if it is utilized properly. In my books we have few players who can slot in the double pivot quite nicely in Mikel, Ramires and Romeu (put David Luiz if you feel if he is someone who can play there as well, I have doubts). The problem is that RDM obviously prefers the 4-2-3-1 as his formation of choice but is desperatly trying to shoehorn in Lampard to keep him in his good books. Its either one or thee other but we should not change formations solely to accommodate and tend to the needs of Lampard for reasons already stated/

I see what you mean and i do think Lampard in the pivot is causing more harm than good, which is why IMO if we are going to stick to that formation he should be an option in the 3, not a definite starter but he offers something different to the players we are playing there atm.

None of the players you mentioned are good fits for the regista portion of the double pivot. The attributes most needed by that position are: passing, vision, and creativity, the other players just don't work there. They are all defensive players with limited creativity. Lampard is simply our best choice for the creative midfield spot right now even though he's not ideal for that position himself. The idea that we are playing a formation solely to please Lampard or that RDM is only playing Lampard because he's afraid is absurd.

None of the players you mentioned are good fits for the regista portion of the double pivot. The attributes most needed by that position are: passing, vision, and creativity, the other players just don't work there. They are all defensive players with limited creativity. Lampard is simply our best choice for the creative midfield spot right now even though he's not ideal for that position himself. The idea that we are playing a formation solely to please Lampard or that RDM is only playing Lampard because he's afraid is absurd.

Yes I'm pretty sure every time he got dropped by AVB he accepted without fuss and just waited when he got another chance (you probably did not realize this was sarcasm)

And by the way, he is probably the least ideal because when we play it properly (not back to walls defending like matches against Barca and Bayern) because he lacks the most important function, discipline and balancing attacking and defensive duties