Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Is he even back for pre-season? If he just came back, then I doubt he will feature this Sunday. 

Ofc not but for Mana games against Arsenal are with significant importance so he cares if White will play 😄

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is even weirder, then. Gündo was arguably their best player last season and they’re spending £100m to buy someone to rotate with him?

Pep is of course smarter than almost anyone out there but this is so puzzling.

before the Euros, word was they wanted to sell Sterling and plug in Grealish there at LW

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Grealish is basically an Eden Hazard. I wonder why Chelsea fans don't rate Grealish because Eden was insane for us

This is exactly what I mean.

He's a good possibly very good player but jeez.

At this rate both North London clubs as well as United and Leicester (all clubs who you’d expect to be in the mix for top 4) will have made 3-4 signings each before we’ve made 1. Not counting the 3rd choice keeper, that is.

😒😒😒

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

At this rate both North London clubs as well as United and Leicester (all clubs who you’d expect to be in the mix for top 4) will have made 3-4 signings each before we’ve made 1. Not counting the 3rd choice keeper, that is.

😒😒😒

What about Villa, Everton and Leeds?

If you're counting Arsenal surely they have to be in too 4 consideration too?

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What about Villa, Everton and Leeds?

If you're counting Arsenal surely they have to be in too 4 consideration too?

Nah. None of those clubs have the depth or potential over an entire season to properly threaten the big boys. As with a bunch of our key players last season who were subpar, you can imagine Arse being significantly better this coming season if the likes of Auba, Partey etc are back to their usual selves. And Ben White instantly becomes by far their best CB.

I feel that if we make 2-3 key signings the likes of Arse/Spuds/Leicester will be no real threat to us. But if we don’t sign a striker they will be.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nah. None of those clubs have the depth or potential over an entire season to properly threaten the big boys. As with a bunch of our key players last season who were subpar, you can imagine Arse being significantly better this coming season if the likes of Auba, Partey etc are back to their usual selves. And Ben White instantly becomes by far their best CB.

I feel that if we make 2-3 key signings the likes of Arse/Spuds/Leicester will be no real threat to us. But if we don’t sign a striker they will be.

If we make a meal of top four then that would make Tuchel worse than Lampard domestically.

I think you're falling into the trap people did with Liverpool under Dalglish and looking at the name of the club rather than the squad.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we make a meal of top four then that would make Tuchel worse than Lampard domestically.

I think you're falling into the trap people did with Liverpool under Dalglish and looking at the name of the club rather than the squad.

I don’t see it that way at all. It would just mean that others improved while we stood still. 

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t see it that way at all. It would just mean that others improved while we stood still. 

For all his greenness Lampard achieved top four with Kepa, Zouma, Alonso/Emerson, Willian and Tammy/Giroud. Tuchel has clear upgrades on all those players not to mention better versions of Kante and Mount.

It will be an absolute failure on his behalf if we're scrambling for top four again, the only mitigating circumstances would be if we had a major injury crisis or the standard was so high 4th place took a points total in the late 70s.

Ole managed to secure United a comfortable top four finish despite "standing still" in the market, with the quality in our squad that has to be bare minimum for Tuchel.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I really don't understand this idea that a team can only improve by buying players. Is buying really the only solution to improvement? We may have 1-2 spots to plug but this team is still young and has room for improvement. They aren't the finished article or at over the hill point yet where we definitely have to buy to rejuvenate the squad etc. 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

For all his greenness Lampard achieved top four with Kepa, Zouma, Alonso/Emerson, Willian and Tammy/Giroud. Tuchel has clear upgrades on all those players not to mention better versions of Kante and Mount.

It will be an absolute failure on his behalf if we're scrambling for top four again, the only mitigating circumstances would be if we had a major injury crisis or the standard was so high 4th place took a points total in the late 70s.

Ole managed to secure United a comfortable top four finish despite "standing still" in the market, with the quality in our squad that has to be bare minimum for Tuchel.

Perhaps we wouldn’t be scrambling on literally the last day for top 4 like the last two seasons, but I absolutely do think we’d be in for a real battle with Leicester, Spuds, and Arse for that 4th spot. Sorry, but expecting TT to finish above City, Liverpool, and United who all have reliable goal scorers whilst we have Tammy Abraham as our only officially recognized striker is madness.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Perhaps we wouldn’t be scrambling on literally the last day for top 4 like the last two seasons, but I absolutely do think we’d be in for a real battle with Leicester, Spuds, and Arse for that 4th spot. Sorry, but expecting TT to finish above City, Liverpool, and United who all have reliable goal scorers whilst we have Tammy Abraham as our only officially recognized striker is madness.

And one of the reasons United have now got "reliable scorers" is because Rashford and Martial naturally grew from 10 ish goal a season players to 20 ish goal a season ones.

Why is that possiblity beyond any of ours?

Edited by Tomo

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And one of the reasons United have now got "reliable scorers" is because Rashford and Martial naturally grew from 10 ish goal a season players to 20 ish goal a season ones.

Why is that possiblity beyond any of ours?

It’s not out of the realm of possibility of course. But for me it’s extremely risky. Why go into a season merely hoping all these players improve when we can add to the squad in key areas and basically ensure that we don’t have to depend on that hope? We sign Haaland and we don’t have to worry about Werner missing sitters or Ziyech forgetting how to play football.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s not out of the realm of possibility of course. But for me it’s extremely risky. Why go into a season merely hoping all these players improve when we can add to the squad in key areas and basically ensure that we don’t have to depend on that hope? We sign Haaland and we don’t have to worry about Werner missing sitters or Ziyech forgetting how to play football.

Quick question, since you're implying that buying is the solution to all our problems, what if those solutions struggle next season? Then what? Go out and buy more next year?