Save the bridge brigade

Like many of you, I've become enamored with the community on this site. From Henrique's jovial, though consistently biased, remarks, to Peace.'s demure outlook on things, it's really been a treat. I've appreciated getting updates on everything Chelsea related, and feel that i'm a better fan because of it.

As you all know, the administrators run a great show here but have been looking to move this forum onto bigger and better things. To do this, like in any business, the site needs a reliable revenue stream that they can count on to host the site on the more expensive and reliable servers so that the site doesn't crash on match days.

As such, I suggest that if you feel as I feel and have gotten something of value from this site, then you should sign up for what I call the 'Save the bridge brigade' - in essence, you pledge to donate a certain minimum amount each month. If we get enough people signed up and donating regularly, then we'd really have something great going here and the site would be self-sustained. It won't take much at all, if 20 of us pledge to donate 3 pounds a month each, then that's the 60 pounds a month we need to move to the larger server right there.

Obviously, the more we collect the better, because it allows us to expand our services, and if we build up a reserve of cash, if donations trickle off one month, we'll have enough saved up to continue right on. Let's start this trend by donating on the new year and on the first of every month hence.

So let me be the first to pledge:

I, Lampy, pledge on all that is blue on this good earth, to donate 5 pounds a month for as long as I use this forum.

I encourage all of you to pledge your support on this thread as well.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic