January transfer market

YouNameIt

I have a feeling that our Jan signings will be no one we expected, just like Mata and Romeu. AVB showed he has great ability to spot talent, and I'm hoping he proves that again in Jan.

Yep. Hopefully our signings will be in the region of less than £20million, but be very effective.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Alex are still waiting a team to hire him Nico is Gone.... We should get a new Right back.... Bosinwga and Ferreira are both useless... and we need a new Left Back maybe

This Rest of the team is Ok...

I have a feeling that our Jan signings will be no one we expected, just like Mata and Romeu. AVB showed he has great ability to spot talent, and I'm hoping he proves that again in Jan.

I dearly hope so... just don't want us to hit the headlines for the transfer window. No big money signing ... unless and until he is really worth the money ...

Don't care who comes in just as long as its avbs choices.

:yes: Though I would like to see Hazard in our squad if he isn't overly priced !

Its not a fact that we are not interested in cahill and modric, remember the beginning of the season when avb was asked about mata a nd he said he was a great player etc....but one we're not looking to sign and then 2 days later he was a chelsea player. He hardly ever reveals anything, if you look at avb's comments about Cahill, it was similar to what he was saying about Mata like how he is great player and all of that.

Think we'll bring in Cahill, De Bruyne, Vargas (but the transfer goes through in summer), creative midfielder/winger and possibly a striker. Those last two positions could be anybody

Mata, for me, is just as effective on the wing as he is centrally. Besides, he 'floats' between the two positions anyway. In that case either a playmaker or a left-winger will do wonders, as Mata can occupy the alternative position. I'd also like to see another striker come in - I'm worried that we're relying on Drogba too much, and when he leaves for the AfCON or even leaves on a permanent basis, frankly, we're fucked. Some defensive cover to replace Alex would also be nice. Basically, a new CF to replace Anelka, a new CB to replace Alex, and then one new addition to the squad; a playmaker or a wideman.

Mata, for me, is just as effective on the wing as he is centrally. Besides, he 'floats' between the two positions anyway. In that case either a playmaker or a left-winger will do wonders, as Mata can occupy the alternative position. I'd also like to see another striker come in - I'm worried that we're relying on Drogba too much, and when he leaves for the AfCON or even leaves on a permanent basis, frankly, we're fucked. Some defensive cover to replace Alex would also be nice. Basically, a new CF to replace Anelka, a new CB to replace Alex, and then one new addition to the squad; a playmaker or a wideman.

My thoughts exactly, perhaps Pato, Cahill, Modric?

My thoughts exactly, perhaps Pato, Cahill, Modric?

Cahill seems to be a very likely deal. I've been hearing McEachran may be heading to Bolton on loan in return.

As for Pato and Modric, it strikes me that is the right monetary offer is made, the players will leave. I just hope we can get our business done early in the transfer window.