Pace ?

Badboy

I think this is one of the quickest Chelsea sides i've seen for a while ! As soon as Mata receives the ball he just threads it through to Danny who is one of the quickest players in Enagland. Danny seriously needs to start passing the ball, he is taking too many shots and its getting on my nerves a bit even though he is quality. This type of game suits us to the ground away from home, we have so much pace now even Ramires is waiting for the counter attack. If we get a clever midfielder then we will be the best side in the premierleague, someone a bit better then Raul who can pass the ball with variation. The new crop of players like Mata, Rami and Sturridge will eat teams on toast away from home its just that at home we need that lock picker in the middle !

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's exciting to see a bit of pace finally, Romeu seems to run out with the ball well and Luiz and Ramires too have cracking turns of pace. Torres is still lightning which he showed chasing down that ball when he first came on and has shown he still have the ability to take players on. Lukaku looks speedy, Ash is still quick. Yeah, we have a very swift side atm.

Ramires' most under-rated strength is his pace... I've seen fewer players run quicker with the ball at their feet. With Mata and Sturridge we have pacey wide outlets, but people also underestimate Drogba's skill and speed; his intelligence and movement created all three goals yesterday.

If we had a pacey left-winger, we'd have a very good strike force. The way Mata feeds Sturridge, through the latter's pace, has been demonstrated superbly in the last 2 games.

Mata must play as a no.10 after January, provided we do buy a proper left-winger.

I think he should be moved into the middle too but do you think he would be too deep if we did shift him in the midfield ? I can't see us playing a Number 10 because the 4-3-3 is working fine at the moment,I think a midfield of Oriol, Ramires a playmaker with Sturridge Didier and Mata up top would be awesome. I really hope we buy a playmaker in the winter window because if we do then i would be very confident leading into the last half of the season ! That extra playmaker would thread our fowards in more often because too much is being asked of Mata in a creative standpoint. I really believe if we get someone like a Modric in then we would come very close if not win the CL i really believe that !

Josh would be perfect in that playmaker role but i forgot lol he's too young ! I think its crazy, Josh would open so many doors for us because he is really talented he is getting less mins every season lol. I don't care if he is 18 years old he is creative and that is what we need with all this pace !

Two good results and already we're winning the league and CL, how quickly peoples' minds change. If we get a playmaker and an on-form striker (Drogba's getting there, but we'll lose him in January and most likely next season), then we will finish top 3 easily in the league.

But the point about pace, I agree... Sturridge is lightning quick, and what I like about him is that he has developed so much in only 4 months.. he tracks back and defends properly, he uses his right foot more often - it's harder for defenders to predict if he'll go left or right. His passes and crosses have been finding the intended targets lately. He is really playing like a winger now.. and ooh how he reminds me of Robben.

Ramires's pace is also worthy of a mention, fast guy. But when Lampard's playing, we tend be a bit slower in tempo.

Ramires is by far the quickest person I've ever seen on a football pitch. I think Sturridge is just behind him. Both are helped by the fact that they are tall and have long strides which is something Walcott and Lennon don't have. I'd back both of them over those two with Ramires just beating Sturridge.

Not only are the players pacy, our play is helping that too. A lot of one touch passing and trust being shown in one another. There were passes made yesterday which I would have guaranteed no one would have even attempted last year, cause they were being so cautious.

Sturridge has the ability to use his pace in tight areas but I'd say it's Ramires' speed that contributes the most to our play. I'm actually worried about other midfielders finding him out as for the moment both he and Luiz often glide past opposition players without much trouble and unlike Luiz Rami doesn't have the technique to dribble players who mark him tight.

I think he should be moved into the middle too but do you think he would be too deep if we did shift him in the midfield ? I can't see us playing a Number 10 because the 4-3-3 is working fine at the moment,I think a midfield of Oriol, Ramires a playmaker with Sturridge Didier and Mata up top would be awesome. I really hope we buy a playmaker in the winter window because if we do then i would be very confident leading into the last half of the season ! That extra playmaker would thread our fowards in more often because too much is being asked of Mata in a creative standpoint. I really believe if we get someone like a Modric in then we would come very close if not win the CL i really believe that !

Modric is the key that unlocks so many doors.