Would Like to see this by the end of January...

chelsxijan.jpg

Gregory Van Der Wiel- May have similar issues to Bosingwa defensively, but this man's crossing accuracy, passing accuracy, dribbling and finishing are all a cut above Bosingwa's...would be happy with maximum pay of 20Million for him. (16mil is reasonable)

my next signing would back up why its alright to buy a right back with a defending weakness.

Gary Cahill- The sight of 3 English defenders in the starting XI looks great, along with the thoughts of the likes of Bertrand who can add to that in the future!

He's a proper centre half, and would be a good way to partner with JT and then eventually replace him in the line-up once JT is finished

If we're going to play fast flowing, attacking football, this is the line up for it and Cahill and Van Der Wiel will add to that!

Obviously rotations in defence of Ivanovic and Luiz with Cahill, if Terry needs rest or is not working with our new way of playing.

With that as a possible XI, and a bench consisting of the likes of....

Terry, Lampard, Luiz, Ivanovic, Anelka, Drogba....we have plenty of options and a further step in the reconstruction of the squad!

Up The Chels!

(I'm aware a lot of people will disagree with this XI and a few will agree, but after playing about i've fallen in love with this selection and would love to see it!)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregory Van Der Wiel- May have similar issues to Bosingwa defensively, but this man's crossing accuracy, passing accuracy, dribbling and finishing are all a cut above Bosingwa's...would be happy with maximum pay of 20Million for him. (16mil is reasonable)

If he's similar in the defence department, no thanks.

We can get a winger for crossing, dribbling & passing. We need a defensively-able right-back now!

Ivanovic should have been kept at RB for good after 2009/2010 when he was solid there all season.

Luiz should play when fit, with JT and Alex getting rotated IMO.

Also given how they both like to play with the ball on their feet and im the only one that can see AVB going for a Bruma and Luiz partnership long term?

I would of like to of seen a playmaker in there at least somewhere in midfield, Meireles is a good player, but he will only play good if everyone else is, i don't think he has world class drive what our team needs in midfield.

Ivanovic should have been kept at RB for good after 2009/2010 when he was solid there all season.

Luiz should play when fit, with JT and Alex getting rotated IMO.

Also given how they both like to play with the ball on their feet and im the only one that can see AVB going for a Bruma and Luiz partnership long term?

Even 2010/2011, in my opinion him and Cech where tied for best players that year.

i would like another midfielder, with the playmaker sense, i can't see it happening in January though, i think Romeu will create enough with Rami and Raul' anyway, but a dream signing would be Christian Eriksen. Huge Talent, would fit in our midfield perfectly.

I had him in there originally....but don't think he'd make the move in January if we were to put a bid in.eriksen.jpg

We have three world-class center-halves (other than JT), and Garry Cahil isn't (at the moment) better than any of them.

In the middle, you can't expect to see the same players every match; rotation is absolutely key, and I have to say that we have real great talent there, any three that AVB decides to play there would look impressive.

I think that we'd all agree that upfront, those three are our best option.

Romeu impressed in a few games so he just gets in the team with Mikel being benched?

Perhaps on Football Manager it is possible.

Why cut Ivanović? Why cut Alex/luiz?

We don't have a issue with our defense it is just the high defensive line that is killing us.

If he's similar in the defence department, no thanks.

We can get a winger for crossing, dribbling & passing. We need a defensively-able right-back now!

Completely agree, our main weakness last season was the high positionning of both of the Full Backs that constrained Terry and Ivanovic to leave a huge distance between them, and leaving Mikel alone against a tough pressing.

Villas Boas seems to have partially resolved the question in asking Cole and Bosingwa to come from behind and not sitting higher than the wingers. But, as we see that the team experience various excess in various domains on the pitch, we saw against Arsenal that the recent tactical basis resurfaced, Cole and Bosingwa were sometimes too high and static whereas they shouldn't have been

On the paper, everything seems easier... But it's not new that Ivanovic lusts after the 2nd CB spot, and I must admit I undestand him, it's something more gloryfing to play in the axis. Even without evoke some selfishness, every player wants to grow the higher

I would of like to of seen a playmaker in there at least somewhere in midfield, Meireles is a good player, but he will only play good if everyone else is, i don't think he has world class drive what our team needs in midfield.

I'm not as convinced now by the need of a creative midfielder as I was before the summer and in front of the incertitude of Lampard's form.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if we re-insist for Modric this winter.

i would like another midfielder, with the playmaker sense, i can't see it happening in January though, i think Romeu will create enough with Rami and Raul' anyway, but a dream signing would be Christian Eriksen. Huge Talent, would fit in our midfield perfectly.

I had him in there originally....but don't think he'd make the move in January if we were to put a bid in.

No way, he is too little, to frail and not expensive enough for my plan :Arnesen: :lol:

We have three world-class center-halves (other than JT), and Garry Cahil isn't (at the moment) better than any of them.

Agree, the least he should do this season is to show some consistency and some leadership in a sailing ship. The fact remains that even if he is not the worse (Knight's got the palm, followed by Steinsson and Petrov), he is far from showing any sign thet he is part of the England squad. His crap mentality plays a big part in, no doubt that in his mind he has already left BWFC

_______

My contribution to the topic: the only thing I will ask to Father Christmas is a mix between a Jamaican and a Canadian, playing for Blackburn. IMO he is one of the best wingers of the PL so far, can play on both flanks and very clever. Now it's not difficult to find a skilly quick winger, nevertheless it remains difficult to find one who looks around him before crossing (thing he does very well )

wpid-JuniorHoilett1809480c.jpg

Did he really play that much from week to week on regular basis to be considered consistent? Hardly.

Every time he has, he's put in a performance that gets everyone's attention. Why shouldn't that warrant a push for a start in the PL, if it can be done in the Champions League?

You could argue the same case for Josh too.

We shouldn't sign Van der Wiel even if he was priced 2 million. He is an awful right-back. He played one good season two and a half years ago and since then he has been terrible. There is not one thing he is really good at and next to him Bosingwa looks like the best defender you've ever seen. He is bad in the Dutch Eredivisie, so he would be a complete disaster in de EPL.

Furthermore, Lampard has been our best midfielder this year, so I don't understand why you've left him out. If you look at his statistics he is our best player and he was imo the man of the match against Blackburn today.

Every time he has, he's put in a performance that gets everyone's attention. Why shouldn't that warrant a push for a start in the PL, if it can be done in the Champions League?

You could argue the same case for Josh too.

I didn't say he doesn't need to be given a chance,but he won't get an instant starting place just because of a few games.Josh made more effort than him and has done so well still he is on the bench.

Our back 4 should be:

Ivanovic Luiz Terry A.Cole/Betrand

Honestly infact I feel we shouldn;t play Alex and Terry together against faster/quicker opposition because they are so slow to recover when they play a high backline.