Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honeslty think we will be fighting for 4th place. Atletico just showed what being clinical can just do to us, that's not enough. We have to rely on luck that the other team just can't finish for shit.

The team is so bad it's not even funny, midfield and defence is just a joke. Our attack is interesting and we can do damage but we cannot defend it. I would much rather be a team that rarely concedes, rather than a team that scores a lot of goals but also concedes goals every game.

Midfield pivot is an issue, but i think our defence is good enough. Its almost impossible to defend against a fast break and Atletico constantly outnumbered us on the break. As the defence had to move quickly due to the pace of the attacks, space was created and if you give a striker of Falcao's quality space he will score. This is what happened today.

The point of transition means that sometimes you play good and then sometimes bad. We have 5 new players in squad and we are playing new system. In past years, we had strong team, great defence and counters, playing on long balls and Drogba. Things changed, but people like Iva or Lamps are still playing old way. Im realy sure in few years we will gel togehter, pick right formation and startin 11. Similar to how long City needed to become stable, yet their weakest part is still defence. This season will show where we are still weak and in few seasons we will have strong team.

Its new project we are making, with very fancy football, but my personal opinion is that previous style was much better for our club. We had great defence and players who can score on counters, now any team can beat us because of the fancy football we play. You cant become barca, thats in genes and specialy not in England. To play this style of attacking football, you need top striker, 10! fast players and great powerful midfield. At least one Cb, CM and Striker will solve that. Then we can go fancy football. With whole new system of playing, there wont be just new players to adapt, but also old. Dont expect anything big this season. We dreamed, but Atletico woken us finaly. We have Mata who is very tired, Hazard who might be unconsistent first season, Torres who cant do anything on his own, selfish Danny, old Lampard, Defence slow and clumsy as fuck, unxperienced Moses and Azpi and Oscar, no CM backup. That is worst reality. But Im still excited about how we will play, United has some big problems too, but Rvp will saving them, City will probably win, we will be third if lucky. In CL, maybe first in group, and keep playing until we meet RM, Barca, City, Bayern that will sure put us out. In world club cup, we will hopefuly win, Fa will go to spurs who will have more motivation and carling to whoever. Based on current state. Our young players should burst of motivation, however Mata and Hazard were average tonight. We have many problems that will be forgotten only if we win next game. Torres who was in form, did nothing tonight. Service up or down, his movement was wrong, positioning,... I guaranty now, he wont be goal scorer for us like we want. Sad, but sooner we deal with that, better. He lost his killer instinct, speed,...Im wondering what if we bought fantastic players on paper, but not what we realy needed? Playin good old Mou or Carlo style would suit us much more, we were truly Fearless back then and everyone feared us realy. We had best defence for years, now everyone can beat us, if they play bit faster. What happend tonight is no excuse. Mata, Hazard etc all played and there was no motivation.

But anyway, Up Blues!

It might do him good, if he plays well and gets game time, which he should as Diarra has gone, he can come back to us rejuvenated.

really hope so. in the last 2 season his performance was woeful but our defensive fragilities make me worry if in some point of the season we might need his contributions.

You always make very harsh assessments imo. Just last saturday we hardly broke a sweat to see of a good Newcastle side, and today we got smashed, it happens.

The main problem from this performance was how we were so vulnerable on the counter, but it can be fixed for sure with different combinations (players we already have!) in the double pivot - and also Ramires not playing, because no matter how much people like him he sure loves giving the ball away.

I'm harsh i know that, but i've been thinking about this for a while now. But also thinking it's just early days the team will get itself together. But this seems like a real lack of quality, and can never be mended unless we actually get replacements. Ivanovic certainly needs some time off and a few weeks on the bench to get him sorted out. I would even start Terry over Cahill and get Luiz to stay back more.

Our team is just attack attack attack, i get so worried when the other team is on the counter attack, they always look so dangerous, we are too easy to score against and that will be our problem this season.

really hope so. in the last 2 season his performance was woeful but our defensive fragilities make me worry if in some point of the season we might need his contributions.

I agree we could need him, but we've got to look at the positives now. Maybe in January if we are clearly short we will go in for someone like Witsel or M'Villa. I also like Wanyama from Celtic, who i reckon could develop into a player like Essien.

Our team is just attack attack attack, i get so worried when the other team is on the counter attack, they always look so dangerous, we are too easy to score against and that will be our problem this season.

I noticed this too, was very worried when Reading found it easy to attack us. Both Wigan and Newcastle had good chances to score too. I don't want us to turn into a new Arsenal and not being able to defend, especially as it was a strength of ours last year. Hopefully when we are properly settled these errors will be ironed out.

I noticed this too, was very worried when Reading found it easy to attack us. Both Wigan and Newcastle had good chances to score too. I don't want us to turn into a new Arsenal and not being able to defend, especially as it was a strength of ours last year. Hopefully when we are properly settled these errors will be ironed out.

Aye, Wigan should've scored at least two goals easily, although Reading had some luck on there goals, they where still causing us way too much damage than they should've. Newcastle we controlled the game very well i thought, Newcastle tried to outplay us rather than letting us come and then counter attacking us and getting us where it hurts. But Atletico just shown everyone what you can do against us if you're clinical, had Wigan put away some of there easy chances it would've been a completely different story.

The problem is with some people on here they read far too much into the result rather than the performance, i appreciate optimism, but you must also acknowledge what could've happened and how luck was on our side at times.

And David Luiz is starting to piss me off, he's getting forward way too much, why on earth did he try to dribble his way past Cisse too?, fucking stupid he doesn't learn.

Aye, Wigan should've scored at least two goals easily, although Reading had some luck on there goals, they where still causing us way too much damage than they should've. Newcastle we controlled the game very well i thought, Newcastle tried to outplay us rather than letting us come and then counter attacking us and getting us where it hurts. But Atletico just shown everyone what you can do against us if you're clinical, had Wigan put away some of there easy chances it would've been a completely different story.

The problem is with some people on here they read far too much into the result rather than the performance, i appreciate optimism, but you must also acknowledge what could've happened and how luck was on our side at times.

And David Luiz is starting to piss me off, he's getting forward way too much, why on earth did he try to dribble his way past Cisse too?, fucking stupid he doesn't learn.

David Luiz does annoy me, but also he is one of my favourite players (paradoxical i know). My biggest issue with him is that he could be world class, but his decision making on occasions is so poor. Hopefully we will see more of the composed David Luiz that we saw in the Champions League and less of the ten year old playing fifa.

Clearly past a couple of people's bed times. It's funny how the majority wanted Essien out but now he's suddenly good enough.

It's also funny how our good work this summer has now been labeled by some as shit. Unbelievable.

I think people are just angrier than normal, also the last feeling is always stronger...

I think people are just angrier than normal, also the last feeling is always stronger...

I guess it is the result of no additional transfers coming in, deadline day deals are always exciting, and our first serious defeat of the season that can't be put down to poor refereeing decisions.

I guess it is the result of no additional transfers coming in, deadline day deals are always exciting, and our first serious defeat of the season that can't be put down to poor refereeing decisions.

The referee was shit to be fair... But - ever since Mourinho made that Ref leave the game in Europe vs Barca - we've always had the shitty end of refereeing decisions in Europe - I expect it now...

Wish Robbie would have done his fucking homework and played a winger... and Cesar (who has more pace than Iva) - if we had Moses and Cesar on the right, we could have at least had a contest!!!

It was a whitewash!

What's the fucking point of signing players if you aint gonna use them

I for one am happy (in a way) - it shows he cant rely on his old team selection and has to change his fucking ideas and quick smart, or else get down the fucking job centre! One dimensional!

Hmm small bit of anger creeping back in - time for bed!

Rdm is mostly guilty for this defeat, not picking Azpi and Moses and using Rambo and Mata was realy bad. He keeps playing with same players, which is wrong. Im pretty sure Mata wont get rest anyday after this defeat and Rdm will want to win next games to ease the pressure...