Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about 2 strikers, and i really wanted us to sign someone else, but really if Sturridge can do well we should not have much to worry about.

And in midfield i think we have enough players: Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Romeu, Ramires and Oscar can all play there.

Hopefully Sturridge will get more game time now, he deserves it, I would like to see Piazon play as a striker too. My issue with midfield is that Mikel, Lampard and Merieles are very inconsistent and the other three are unproven at this level as Ramires mainly played as a right winger last year.

I just realised, how the hell is Malouda still here. HIs wages are ridiculous we should of tried to give him away for free like Deco so we can have first option on some players. It seems to have worked if we get Wallace from Fluminese the kid looks class.

Trust me, he's shit. He is overrated , european media always thinks every brazillian is Pele. He is just in form right now, thats all. We would also pay too much because Brazillian economy is in great shape, so clubs have money to keep high wages , etc.

Trust me, he's shit. He is overrated , european media always thinks every brazillian is Pele. He is just in form right now, thats all. We would also pay too much because Brazillian economy is in great shape, so clubs have money to keep high wages , etc.

Clearly not a good enough economy to pay Malouda!

I must admit I have seen very little of him, but that i had seen demonstrated he was a good right back. I guess the Brazillian League is not exactly the hardest though.

Clearly not a good enough economy to pay Malouda!

Wasnt about money man, he had two teams interested....One was Botafogo, wich chose Seedorf over Malouda (they arent a big of a club). The other club is Big Phill team, he didnt allow malouda to come because he did not supported him at CFC.

I honeslty think we will be fighting for 4th place. Atletico just showed what being clinical can just do to us, that's not enough. We have to rely on luck that the other team just can't finish for shit.

The team is so bad it's not even funny, midfield and defence is just a joke. Our attack is interesting and we can do damage but we cannot defend it. I would much rather be a team that rarely concedes, rather than a team that scores a lot of goals but also concedes goals every game.

I must admit I have seen very little of him, but that i had seen demonstrated he was a good right back. I guess the Brazillian League is not exactly the hardest though.

Not even close to EPL.

But a very respected magazine ranked the top 10 strongest leagues and the top 5 were: EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Brazileirao.

I really dont remember de source...

Not even close to EPL.

But a very respected magazine ranked the top 10 strongest leagues and the top 5 were: EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Brazileirao.

I really dont remember de source...

I suppose we will just have to wait and see how he does, he is only 18, maybe he can progress into a good player.

I honeslty think we will be fighting for 4th place. Atletico just showed what being clinical can just do to us, that's not enough. We have to rely on luck that the other team just can't finish for shit.

The team is so bad it's not even funny, midfield and defence is just a joke. Our attack is interesting and we can do damage but we cannot defend it. I would much rather be a team that rarely concedes, rather than a team that scores a lot of goals but also concedes goals every game.

You always make very harsh assessments imo. Just last saturday we hardly broke a sweat to see of a good Newcastle side, and today we got smashed, it happens.

The main problem from this performance was how we were so vulnerable on the counter, but it can be fixed for sure with different combinations (players we already have!) in the double pivot - and also Ramires not playing, because no matter how much people like him he sure loves giving the ball away.

My worries aren't so much with our defence, the problem is they are so easily exposed. Any great defence will struggle if one ball can completely take out your midfield and your left against two or three attackers running at you. The pivot is obviously the biggest issue. I actually think Mikel alongside somebody mobile, disciplined and defensively aware would work. Mikel is left too exposed alongside Lampard and needs somebody dynamic alongside him.

With a more defensively sound pivot, it will:

1. Negate a lot of easy counter attacks for the opposition.
  2. Give protection to our defence.
  3. Allow our attacking four players in front of the pivot do exactly that...attack.
  4. We would no longer have to have a balance in the front four, i.e. a defensive winger like Ramires.

I don't see these problems however being too badly exposed domestically this season. We can dominate and outscore most teams. I don't envisage a problem getting top four.

The problems will be in Europe this season where more teams are clinical. I can see us struggling this year in europe.

Haven't 2 of our 3 Premiership games been 2-0..?

Christ, one loss (granted we took a battering) and now we should be prepared for a relegation scrap!