Juan Mata

Severinb

And that is a indisputable fact opinion whether you like it or not.

Mata did very well yesterday against a team who played naive, open football and he had a decent striker ahead of him....so of course that implies he'd do well for us when we've actually been missing a striker all season and face teams who come to defend. :doh:

Ryan Giggs has a 100% win record as manager - ergo he's a better manager than Mourinho and Rodgers.

I'm not talking about him doing well for us, I'm just stating that Oscar won't ever be as creative as him.

I'm not talking about him doing well for us, I'm just stating that Oscar won't ever be as creative as him.

He'll probably never fill a stats sheet like Mata but I've seen enough of Oscar to think that he is more than capable of finding and making the passes Mata does. It's consistency that he lacks.

In terms of being a key player for this team then I think he's more than capable of doing more than Juan did on both sides of the ball.

He'll probably never fill a stats sheet like Mata but I've seen enough of Oscar to think that he is more than capable of finding and making the passes Mata does. It's consistency that he lacks.

In terms of being a key player for this team then I think he's more than capable of doing more than Juan did on both sides of the ball.

I don't think he's capable of it. He's not bad creatively, but just don't think he'll reach Mata level.

I don't think he's capable of it. He's not bad creatively, but just don't think he'll reach Mata level.

I think if you told him to stand in the middle of the park and just ping balls about then he'd manage. I also think we'd lose games but I think he'd wrack up assists.

Like I said, I've seen that he is capable of playing the same balls as Mata but I think he's just very off-form. The difference between him and Mata is that when he's off-form, he doesn't tend to disappear. Mata can and has done. It's very easy to remember Mata's highlights and his stats but if he had an off-day or teams neutralised him (which is actually easy to do compared to someone like Silva) then he was on-par with Ozil in terms of chocolate-teapottedness.

At no time has Oscar constantly supplied the type of passes Mata is capable of. Oscar is still young and can improve but at the moment he is only better at Mata defensively. His form went to crap after Mata was sold - hence I originally said we should have kept Mata till at least the summer because I didn't believe Oscar can maintain his form and it's always possible for him to get injured.

It was a silly time to sell Mata, he could have been used in the title challenge and CL games even if he wasn't first choice. Jose made a decision based on team dynamic and keeping Mata Happy - we shouldn't really cared about such things putting ourselves in a better position to win titles would have been the most important thing this season.

Still the fact that we didn't have a striker for much of this season is the worst decision we made this year.

I think if you told him to stand in the middle of the park and just ping balls about then he'd manage. I also think we'd lose games but I think he'd wrack up assists.

Like I said, I've seen that he is capable of playing the same balls as Mata but I think he's just very off-form. The difference between him and Mata is that when he's off-form, he doesn't tend to disappear. Mata can and has done. It's very easy to remember Mata's highlights and his stats but if he had an off-day or teams neutralised him (which is actually easy to do compared to someone like Silva) then he was on-par with Ozil in terms of chocolate-teapottedness.

I don't think Oscar will ever be in the class of Mata, Ozil or Silva when it comes to creativity, it's a natural ability you need to have. If he ever gets to just below that level I'd be delighted but he's been very below par creatively this season.

Mata's ability to create chances would have definitely helped us against the likes of Sunderland and Villa. In the attacking sense, he's twice the player Oscar is right now and he seemed to have a solid understanding with Hazard.

Would have loved to have seen Mata in the #10 with Matic - Luiz behind him...

O really?

Agree such as shame that he can't flourish in Mou system.

When he is allowed to play as no free role no 10, it is just fantastic how he can dominate a game with his movement and passing.

That is exactly why I want another world-class AM, but no one seems to agree.

We sold a WC player and didn't bring in a proper replacement.

Just imagine if we had him now while Oscar has been in a slump of form. Would have been an excellent option with his vision and ability to score goals. We sold him for good money but as many people stated before we could end up regretting this. I would have Mata over Oscar no doubt now and let Oscar rest for a while. We sometimes just lack the creativity in the final third. Oscar is not a playmaker and Mata is and the loss of those abilities he gave us has had a part to play in the games we have messed up.

O really.

We'd be champions with him as our #10 right now. The tracking back and pressing wouldn't be a concern with Matic behind him.

We'll regret selling him as early as next season with all of the additions United will make and since they aren't in Europe.

We may not have won all of those but surely you can't deny that he would've made a difference.

He's going to be back to his best next season I feel when he actually has top class players around him instead of Cleverly and the like.

O really