Ambitions and Records

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 4 PL

Carling Cup win with a chance to see that our young talent has what it takes to move some of the old guard onto the bench. Maybe a FA Cup final appearance.

CL - Quarters

Top Scorer - Barring injury or mosquito bites, Drogba. If he goes down, it's going to be a group effort. No faith in Torres atm.

Star of the team - Cech

Over 80 points in the league, if that translates into 3rd or 4th so be it. Anything >85 would qualify as a success.

Semis in either the FA Cup or the League Cup. Going out on penalties is acceptable :whistling:

Champions League quarter finals, Semis would be a nice bonus. Perform acceptably against the team that knocks us out, dominate the teams that we knock out.

Can't say I'm staggered by any of our current players and since picking a defender would be too easy I'll have to go with Drogba.

Ambitions.

AVB to stay as manager even if we don't win any silver ware.

Play crisp free flowing attacking football with an emphasis on distributing the ball quicker from the back.

Younger players to be introduced throughout the season.

I believe we can still finish top 2 & have decent runs in all cup competitions, I'm not too bothered about us winning things this season as long as it provides a stepping stone for 12/13.

My concerns for this season is our midfield especially when we come up against the top teams in Europe, I also worry about the service to our front line.

Top Scorer

I really hope its Torres because if he is we will win the league but it depends on the quality of service he will get.

Best player

Ramires deserves a mention, he has a year under him now so I expect him to have a big impact.

Benayoun is a player under rated imo, provides vision that is so badly needed in our attack, so is another one to watch out for.

However I think Sturridge will come in to his own this season, I think he has got the nod to play as an unorthodox winger ahead of Kalou, obviously he would prefer to play as a striker but he has the flexibility & pace to play on the wing where I can see him causing problems for any opposition, providing assists & scoring a number of vital goals. If he gets a run & doesn't for some ungodly reason go out on loan then I can see him breaking into the England squad for Euro 2012.

Top 3 finish, FA Cup and the Semi's of the CL will be absolutely brilliant. Quarter finals more realistic though. But I love the FA cup, to win that would be awesome.

Top scorer should be Torres...

As a fan: To get that "feeling" again whilst I'm at games, dunno what it was. We all kind of died out towards the end of last season.

Ambitions.

AVB to stay as manager even if we don't win any silver ware.

Play crisp free flowing attacking football with an emphasis on distributing the ball quicker from the back.

Younger players to be introduced throughout the season.

I believe we can still finish top 2 & have decent runs in all cup competitions, I'm not too bothered about us winning things this season as long as it provides a stepping stone for 12/13.

My concerns for this season is our midfield especially when we come up against the top teams in Europe, I also worry about the service to our front line.

Top Scorer

I really hope its Torres because if he is we will win the league but it depends on the quality of service he will get.

Best player

Ramires deserves a mention, he has a year under him now so I expect him to have a big impact.

Benayoun is a player under rated imo, provides vision that is so badly needed in our attack, so is another one to watch out for.

However I think Sturridge will come in to his own this season, I think he has got the nod to play as an unorthodox winger ahead of Kalou, obviously he would prefer to play as a striker but he has the flexibility & pace to play on the wing where I can see him causing problems for any opposition, providing assists & scoring a number of vital goals. If he gets a run & doesn't for some ungodly reason go out on loan then I can see him breaking into the England squad for Euro 2012.

:clap: Mate, I do ENTIRELY agree with you so I won't repeat all you have already say :goodpost:

Realistic ambitions = Win the FA Cup, compete with the 2 Manc clubs in the league and get to the Semi's in the Champions League.

Top Scorer = Gotta be Fernando's season.

Player(s) of the Season = Ramires & Sturridge

Expectation - Make me enjoy watching us play again. None of the boring bullshit from last year and I'll be happy.

all over that ambition, actually hated watching chelsea at times last season. Would obviousley like to win league and think we could be good enough but unfair to demand it with avb first season and if were gonna play better and blood sturridge, josh, luiz into first team regs i think the transition needs patience. Woul aqlso be happy with getting rid of anelka, never has a player been such a flat track bully. when chelsea are battering sides he looks our best player, when were up against it he refuses to shoot,dribble and spend more time running back to make needless passes. the slowest quick player ive ever seen. Also wouldnt be heartbroken to see malouda go, great player for us but at times but just has periods thru a season where he cant be arsed.

Edited by lentherussian

Besides Torres and Luiz, during this year we have signed: Lucas Piazon, Josh MacEachran, Ryan Bertrand, Thibaut Courtois, Oriol Romeu and Romelu Lukaku. Realistic ambition (for the next season) :

- Assessing all of our players, youngsters and older ones.

- Finding the right positions for some of them.

-Successfuly scouting, no matter how strange it sounds, for players who will replace those whose contracts expire next year - so far, only Drogba has been replaced. These players probably will not be established, world class , expensive , but rather young, talented and perspective. Of course, some of them can be found among youngsters. That is immense job for AVB and his team, and probably the hardest one. After all, this is Chelsea.

- Customizing to FFP rules. All this for:

- Change of generations and making team for future . This team has to play atractive football and avoid Arsenal fate (our main ambition in next 2 years, why I believe AVB is appointed ( for that price ) among other things ).

I believe for the next season our priority will be squad , not trophies. That is why we will enter season almost without wingers. We have yet to find them.

FA cup would be great.

Top scorer : I am hoping for Torres, but Drogba or Sturridge.

The biggest star:Josh MacEachran, Ramirez, David Luiz, Sturridge (I can't choose)

Besides Torres and Luiz, during this year we have signed: Lucas Piazon, Josh MacEachran, Ryan Bertrand, Thibaut Courtois, Oriol Romeu and Romelu Lukaku.

We didn't sign McEachran, he's come up from the academy ranks since he was 8. And Bertrand is at Chelsea since 2006, being on loan somewhere ever since.

Actually a few ppl make good points here. We came 2nd last season but it was a pretty shit season getting just 71 points and playing some pretty dour football. Points are key and as Kostas said, 80 points would be a very good amount to get to even if we came 4th, it's not for the want of trying. Also in the UCL, Semi's are the aim but it depends who we get and how we get knocked out. If we lose to a team like Barcelona in the round of 16 but battle for our lives and give them one hell of a game, i'll be satisfied with that. Certainly beats getting knocked out with a wimper and completely laying down like we did at home to man utd last season. Our last 2 exits have involved losing 0-1 at home and simply looking overawed by our opponents and the situation of the competition.

It's easy writing down little stats and targets but really, it's about a lot more than that.

Play with style, lose with dignity, give 100% and love the shirt.