Sidwell And Pizarro Dropped

EskWeston

Reports today saying that Sidwell and Pizarro have been dropped from our Champions League squad for the latter stages to make way for Ballack and Anelka.

I don't think anyone was particulary suprised, everyone (including Sidwell himself) knew if Ballack was fit for the latter stages they would be swapped in the squad. And everyone would rather have Anelka available rather than Pizarro for the Champions League.

Ivanovic missed out because you can only include 1 player who has previously played in the UEFA cup and we included Anelka....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Sidwell even play in the CL?

Will be good to have official confirmation of this.

I didnt think we had originally named a full squad of 25?

No we hadn't, because there's two spaces free for club nurtured players that we don't have. Actually, I think we did technically fill this with some youth players, but you know they're never going to be used.

No we hadn't, because there's two spaces free for club nurtured players that we don't have. Actually, I think we did technically fill this with some youth players, but you know they're never going to be used.

No we didn't fill those slots, Sam Hutchinson and Lee Sawyer went onto "List B" which is for players born on or After January 1st 1986 and to have played for the club for an uninterupted time of 2 years since their 15th birthday.

We can only have a 23 man squad because JT is our only "club trained" player (This is a player who has been registered with the club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21)

This is the sensible thing for the club to have done, Ballack and Anelka can be vital for us and better options than Sidwell and Pizarro.