Hiddink V Jose

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win if Hiddink and Jose came head to head?

As i have mentioned a few times a battle between Hiddink and Mourinho is something that sounds thrilling and one i would like to see (whether one is managing Chelsea or not).

Even before he came to Chelsea, Guus had a reputation as a clever tactician, proved beyond any doubt when he took South Korea to the world cup semi final in 2002 when in reality on paper that team didn't look good enough to get a result let alone get that far, and before any-one mentions there the host's, so were Japan and it didn't help them.

Another prime example was in euro 2008, Holland were free scoring, beat Italy and France 3-0 and 4-1 and quite frankly looked unbeatable, no-one gave Russia a chance but in came Guus Hiddink with a tactical master plan and the rest is history.

He also showed it for us against Barcelona in 2009, nullified them at the Nou Camp and battered them at Stamford Bridge and we got robbed by a stupid ref, Barca could have had no complaints if it was 6 quite frankly, although we went out we matched and bettered a team that have been thumping every-one silly and made Utd look like a pub team the round after, despite going out i remember thinking to myself (about Hiddink) weve just battered the best team on the planet (only the ref stopped it showing in the score), Guus Hiddink is a fucking genius.

Moving on to Jose his record is insane, he has a superior record against every manager he has faced bar Guardiola and Rijard, constantly outwitted Fergie and Wenger and his greatest tactical moment probably came for Inter when he took a brave move playing so defensive at the Nou Camp and it came off.

So who would win a tactical battle between these two?

I loved Carlo and as you all know and still can tell by my profile picture i wanted him to stay as much as any-one but for me (in both Italy and in CL) it looked like Jose was very confident of being able to beat him tactically and in all honesty i was terrified of getting Madrid last season, should Hiddink come back it will be a different story i'm not saying i would want to draw Jose but i certainly would fancy our chances as i believe Hiddink will have it in him to tactically beat him.

Who do you think will win a tactical battle bet-ween these two, one thing is for sure, it would be fascinating.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As i have mentioned a few times a battle between Hiddink and Mourinho is something that sounds thrilling and one i would like to see (whether one is managing Chelsea or not).

Even before he came to Chelsea, Guus had a reputation as a clever tactician, proved beyond any doubt when he took South Korea to the world cup semi final in 2002 when in reality on paper that team didn't look good enough to get a result let alone get that far, and before any-one mentions there the host's, so were Japan and it didn't help them.

Another prime example was in euro 2008, Holland were free scoring, beat Italy and France 3-0 and 4-1 and quite frankly looked unbeatable, no-one gave Russia a chance but in came Guus Hiddink with a tactical master plan and the rest is history.

He also showed it for us against Barcelona in 2009, nullified them at the Nou Camp and battered them at Stamford Bridge and we got robbed by a stupid ref, Barca could have had no complaints if it was 6 quite frankly, although we went out we matched and bettered a team that have been thumping every-one silly and made Utd look like a pub team the round after, despite going out i remember thinking to myself (about Hiddink) weve just battered the best team on the planet (only the ref stopped it showing in the score), Guus Hiddink is a fucking genius.

Moving on to Jose his record is insane, he has a superior record against every manager he has faced bar Guardiola and Rijard, constantly outwitted Fergie and Wenger and his greatest tactical moment probably came for Inter when he took a brave move playing so defensive at the Nou Camp and it came off.

So who would win a tactical battle between these two?

I loved Carlo and as you all know and still can tell by my profile picture i wanted him to stay as much as any-one but for me (in both Italy and in CL) it looked like Jose was very confident of being able to beat him tactically and in all honesty i was terrified of getting Madrid last season, should Hiddink come back it will be a different story i'm not saying i would want to draw Jose but i certainly would fancy our chances as i believe Hiddink will have it in him to tactically beat him.

Who do you think will win a tactical battle bet-ween these two, one thing is for sure, it would be fascinating.

so much is talked about tactical battles ..in the end it is the players on the pitch who win or lose.

Both have been good for us in different time lengths so Id prefer NOT to compare them

Hiddink.

Mourinho is too coward.

Mourinho is not a coward, he just has a "defensive" strategy which has worked for him wherever he has been, and it has been able to win him silverware at Porto/Chelsea/Inter/Real.

Hiddink has a more attacking approach to his tactics, so it's a little difficult to determine which manager is the better one!

We were very, very negative at the Nou Camp under Hiddink. Some people have short memories.

Yes. But Mourinho were "very, very, negative" against poor sides, like against Liverpool in both legs in both UCL semi finals. We scored 1 time agaisnt them in 6 CL clashes when the portuguese was the boss.

With Hiddink we scored 7 in two matches, and dont tell me We conceded 5 goals, becuse we did what Mourinho could not.

Yes. But Mourinho were "very, very, negative" against poor sides, like against Liverpool in both legs in both UCL semi finals. We scored 1 time agaisnt them in 6 CL clashes when the portuguese was the boss.

With Hiddink we scored 7 in two matches, and dont tell me We conceded 5 goals, becuse we did what Mourinho could not.

It's not Mourinho's fault some players missed great chances in those games. I'm thinking mainly about Lamps at home in 04/05 semi, inside the six yard box he shoots over when it was easier to score :no: or Eidur with the last minute volley away (that still gives me nightmares) or that we lost on penalties in 06/07. Get over it. If you hadn't noticed we didn't get to a final under Hiddink either.

And I have no problem with it. But to call Mourinho a coward when Hiddink did the exact same thing makes no sense.

Against Barça is fine. Pragmatic aproach against a 5th side in PL in a CL semi final is not.