Hiddink V Jose

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win if Hiddink and Jose came head to head?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Against Barça is fine. Pragmatic aproach against a 5th side in PL in a CL semi final is not.

Pragmatic approach against a very negative, counter attack team like Liverpool were under Benitez makes sense to me.

Pragmatic approach against a very negative, counter attack team like Liverpool were under Benitez makes sense to me.

It doesn't.

It only does in mind of people who love defensive football.

If You are playing agaisnt an attacking team, so it makes sense a pragmatic aproach.

If You play agaisnt a defensive team that only has the counter attack, it also makes sense a pragmatic aproach.

So it always make sense a pragmatic aproach.

Mourinho is a good manager but You cant deny he is so afraid of losing that sometimes he makes it difficult to win.

I really hope We win a CL soon to people forget this guy. 4 years later and his ghost keep coming back time to time.

I rather see Carlo staying forever than people wating for the return of the Messiah.

Jimmy would have smacked that into the roof of the net at 500000mph :(

Indeed. Another mistake made by Jose. Floyd still had two seasons in top level.

I wanted him to lift the title more than anything, it would have been nothing more than he deserved. Feels strange we won the league that season with no in form strikers.

Imagine Robben under the form he was in that season feeding Jimmy whistling.gif

Mourinho is a good manager but You cant deny he is so afraid of losing that sometimes he makes it difficult to win.

I really hope We win a CL soon to people forget this guy. 4 years later and his ghost keep coming back time to time.

I rather see Carlo staying forever than people wating for the return of the Messiah.

It's really hard to forget about the best and most succesful manager in the clubs history. :yes:

Hiddink was a good manager for us and will be again if given the job. But for me he isn't better than Mourinho.

Indeed. Another mistake made by Jose. Floyd still had two seasons in top level.

If I recall correctly Mourinho said the following season Jimmy would have done a good job for him but it was beyond his control. I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me, I'm trying to google it but coming up blank. Either way Hasselbaink is a club legend and it's a shame he didn't win anything significant with us.

It's really hard to forget about the best and most succesful manager in the clubs history. :yes:

Hiddink was a good manager for us and will be again if given the job. But for me he isn't better than Mourinho.

With all due respect. Chelsea's last major trophy was back in 50s.

Mourinho being the most succesful manager in club history is not big deal, specially its only 8 years of Abramovich Era.

If Mourinho had taken pre-Abramovichs Chelsea and managed to win back to back PL I will understand this "best manager in club history". Its pure statistcs.

Its not the case, he took a team with a stellar squad. 2 PL trophies was expected for such a team.

I dont see Chelsea as a small club. I see it as a great one.

Mourinho won 2 PL? Fine, but I expect at least 5 more PL in next 10 years and at least 2 CL.

I wont see a manager as a living God because he won 2 PL. Clubs are greater than managers, at least Chelsea is greater than Mourinho.

I think it would be close.

But I really don't understand the defensive tactics thing. If you know how to use it, then why not? Hiddink in 2009 and Jose in 2010 did know how to play defensively against Barcelona and they were quite succesful. Blaming managers and calling them negative for playing defensively is the biggest bullcrap I've ever heard. It's called strategy.

Guest justin_3d

What about Bielsa vs Guus? :eyebrows:

Anyways i vote for Guus on this one.

Guus has a habit of screwing up the favorites dream. Right now Mourinho is the hot commodity in the world of this sport. He is the favorite after the all powerful Barcelona.

If anyone can stop them is Guus. But that's of course if he can build a descent squad to have a chance against Real Madrid and Barcelona powerful squad.

Guest justin_3d

With all due respect. Chelsea's last major trophy was back in 50s.

Mourinho being the most succesful manager in club history is not big deal, specially its only 8 years of Abramovich Era.

If Mourinho had taken pre-Abramovichs Chelsea and managed to win back to back PL I will understand this "best manager in club history". Its pure statistcs.

Its not the case, he took a team with a stellar squad. 2 PL trophies was expected for such a team.

:goodpost:

When people say this manager is the most successful in the club, i feel like they should get slap!

You comparing apple to peanuts! The amount of money that has been giving to the past managers gives a big disadvantage to those of pre-roman.

If any, it should be look at as the best manager so far in the Roman era.

Pre-Roman you have great coaches that have work wonders with a lesser budget then most managers we have had today.