some facts

I thought id go down the Rafa path and bring some "fats" to the table.

Henderson and Carroll = £55 million

Essien and Drogba = £48 million

From what i heard United are on the verge on signing Phil Jones for £17 million if this happens.

Smalling and Jones = £29 million

Ivanovic, Terry and Alex = £8 million

Make of that what you will.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cristiano Ronaldo: Bought at £12million, sold at £80million ;)

My point being is, while these facts portray us in a good light, we're not innocent over spending. We've overpaid a lot over recent years, so we shouldn't be so hypocritical. :)

Also. Take into account player-price inflation.. Essien would be worth £30 million & Drogba would be around the same. Total of near £60 million at least by now.

Edited by LDN Blue

Cristiano Ronaldo: Bought at £12million, sold at £80million ;)

My point being is, while these facts portray us in a good light, we're not innocent over spending. We've overpaid a lot over recent years, so we shouldn't be so hypocritical. :)

Also. Take into account player-price inflation.. Essien would be worth £30 million & Drogba would be around the same. Total of near £60 million at least by now.

We also ain't the only ones who overpay their players, but everyone just likes pointing their fingers to us <_<

I thought id go down the Rafa path and bring some "fats" to the table.

Henderson and Carroll = £55 million

Essien and Drogba = £48 million

From what i heard United are on the verge on signing Phil Jones for £17 million if this happens.

Smalling and Jones = £29 million

Ivanovic, Terry and Alex = £8 million

Make of that what you will.

Giggs .Scholes Beckham Neville (the pair ) Nothing

just suggesting Terry wasnt a fair pick ,,,and Ivo and Alex cost more than 8 mill

We also ain't the only ones who overpay their players, but everyone just likes pointing their fingers to us <_<

I know, it's because we're owned by Roman.

However I'm simply saying, facts don't give a true reflection on how things are.

Since the time we picked up Shevchenko (which was blow out amount) to today, things have changed drastically specially in terms of transfer money. A half decent young player goes for 10+ and if he is English add another 5 - 7 to it. In that regards, Henderson valuation is just right. Market has become a joke and we are also to be blamed to certain extend for this.

Benzema + van der Vaart + Sneijder + Robben = 92.6million £! All struggled, and could be called flops...look at them now (not including Benzema).

When can you consider Robben a flop? Been very unlucky with injuries but when fit he is a class act, a player I'd have back at Chelsea in a heartbeat.

Rooney & Hernandez = 36m - Torres & Drogba = 74m

I think you have to take in inflation for this but one things for sure It's us fans that are the ones that are hit in the pocket by having to pay extra each season for over inflated wages!