Best Chelsea Players this Season

Everyone had spells, Anelka in the UCL, Drogba for the last couple of months, Torres for 20 minutes against West Ham, Mikel started the season really well and even Kalou had his moments here n there but it was quite a disappointing season in which i'm still quite confused how we came 2nd. Nobody was good this season except Man Utd at home.

Thats true.

Talking overall Cech stood out, but had a few blips, Ashley Cole and Terry taken for granted -if it had been Terrys first season he would have won hands down. David Lewis -never seen a better debut by a blue in over 40 years, but the hairdo is a giveaway that he has a few mental moments. Ramires improved quickly -and will shine next season even more.

Overall there has been a lethargy though -a weariness I suspect borne through inconsistency from the board down with kneejerk decisions, to a realisation that theyre just very well paid commodities.

PS Aguero, Neymar, and sanchez in -Drogba Torres and Anelka out would shake it up a bit......:eyebrows:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly this season too few of our players played consistently at the level they are capable of and that we have come to expect.

The exceptions in my opinion are

Cech certainly as good as VDS who has picked up the plaudits

JT again demonstrated why he is already a Chelsea legend .Magnificent leadership .

Ivo ...an excellent season both at RB ,,CB and with valuable contributions in attack

sadly the midfield were well below standard...true injuries to Lamps , Essien andYossi didn't help the cause

in this vital part of the field the only real positives were the arrival of Ramires which promises well for the future and of course some excellent

cameos from Josh.

in attack again disappointment generally ,,,as others have said all had their moments.

I feel however that the poor season for our attackers was largely due to the poor service provided by our faltering midfield .

however the much maligned Kalou does deserve more praise than he gets ..

my player of the year ,,,the peerless Petra Cech

^ Nope, he wasn't good with us... Since he didn't play with us.

I didn't mean it really, but he was the best Chelsea player this season sadly not in our club :(

Kalou :carlo:

This guy can't pass a ball in a goal from 1 meter sometimes,you must be kidding.

Forget that, look at number of games he played and how many goals he scored, and most of those were match deciding ones. If it wasn't for him, we would hardly be second. Drogba was inconsistent, and his goals dried up a bit, though he did help a lot with his assists. All those rotations of 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 didn't suit him well.

Come on, you cannot put Josh McEachran between these names. It would be the same if you let Lampard play three games where he's outstanding and bench him for the rest of the season. It would be the same as rating Bruma or anyone that played such few games.

If there were no players like Salomon Kalou in Chelsea,we would be the first.

Haha, you misunderstood me a bit. If he didn't score as much as he did when introduced late and, we would have even worse results this year. But what I value about him, is his determination and commitment to our team. Always playing with motivation and giving his best, and that's what I respect the most in a footballer.

No,I get you mate,but I mean that Sturridge,for example,can do the same things and don't ruin his moments in a stupid way like Kalou.

Indeed. That's why he'll be in the first 11 at the age of 21, while Kalou is still warming bench while being 25.

No,I get you mate,but I mean that Sturridge,for example,can do the same things and don't ruin his moments in a stupid way like Kalou.

Sturridge needed the spell at Bolton to get starts ,,,Kalou is a better impact sub at the moment ...his goals to mins is 2nd best in PL ...

incidentally Drog must have one of the worst shots to goals ratio