The European Leagues and Competition Thread

.Cee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like making a thread for my favourite foreign league. The French Ligue Un receives a lot of unfair scrutiny, yet provides some of the most entertaining attacking football seen in European leagues across the continent.

With tonight's round of matches coming up, my team Lyon have a home game against Strasbourg, who are enjoying a good run of results recently. And with PSG losing 2-1 at Nice last week, they will battle against relegation with Caen. A win for the Paris team will see them clear of the relegation zone.

Discuss here :)

Marseille did really poorly at the beginning of the season, but they've been revived ever since defeating Liverpool at Anfield. Even beat Lyon 2-1 at the Stade Gerland!

Lyon beat Strasbourg 5-0 :) Benzema scored again, Juninho scored with one freekick and hit the post with another and the crossbar with a third!

he's the best free kick taker ive ever seen. I'm a fan of the french league because most of the players are actually french or have french discent, but watching it.......its so boring its untrue. I watched Lyon vs Nice, it was trully awful. My Fav French team is PSG, i have no idea why they are doing so badly, i dont think they have won a home match yet. Marseille 2nd bottom, that aint good is it lol. PSG vs Marseille was almost as bad as watching grass grow.

Benzema is far more promising than Huntelaar, in my opinion.

Lyon lost 1-0 away to Caen yesterday. But they played a weakened side because they have a vital CL fixture.

Marseille 2 - 0 Monaco

Caen 1 - 0 Lyon

Lens 1 - 3 Le Mans

Lorient 2 - 1 Sochaux

Nancy 0 - 0 Valenciennes

Saint Etienne 2 - 0 Metz

Strasbourg 3 - 0 Rennes

Toulouse 1 - 0 Lille

Edited by BlueLion

I know its over a week until the draw, but we now know the candidates for our opposition in the next round.

It can be any of the following second placed teams:

Olympiakos

Celtic

Olympique Lyonnais

AS Roma

Fenerbahce

We can't play Arsenal or Liverpool, or Schalke. But Roma, Lyon and Fenerbahce will be tough draws.

I'm dreading meeting Barcelona. I think they will win the competition this season. But Lyon is an incredibly tough draw, we will be lucky not to get them.

yes me 2 im hoping we can stay clear of barca in the round after and lyon in this round 2 very good team and i kinda agree with you i think barca have a really really good chanc of taken the title again this year..