Stamford Bridge Thread

Well he tried to be nice and transparent. But since somestubborn fans are refusing to move on to a bigger stadium I am sure Chelsea have every right to use under hand tactics to win the votes.

Things will only get dirty from now on. Blame the fans that said NO and not the club.

Roman has done so much for the club and now that he requests a freehold how dare he?

They were about as transparent as a brick wall! They failed to disclose any future plans or applications to the council for expansion as requested by the CPO. They failed to suggest what there plans would be after 2020. They even failed to let a group of fans help with the proposed new stadium.

If the club explained themselves and diminished reports we are looking to move to Twickenham and sell the freehold, that will make Roman pretty much break even, giving him profit if he sold up, then fans would have probably voted yes.

The way the club went about this was disgraceful and disgusting. Bruce Buck is so slimy and, as posted on that link, uses disgusting bullying tactics.

The club should show respect to the CPO if they want respect back. Not try and abolish them.

Things will get very interesting from here...

Completely wrong. The club was not on the verge of bankrupty at all. It had qualified for the Champions league -that was one of the factors that made it attractive to the oligarch.

How much more do i want the man to do ? If I had £10 000 000 000 yes, thats ten thousand million pounds, and was a chelsea fan I wouldnt think twice about buying a ground -one that had a full consultation with the real fans. To buy a stadium is less than one of his yachts.

All this no vote has done has made them negotiate .So good.

Well the club was difinately in a financial mess. Doesn't matter if we were in champions league. Leeds is a perfect example of what happens to a champions league team that has no money to pay it's debt. Roman bought it and we were saved from going down the Leeds way.

Doesn't matter if he has 10b. He has done more for the club than any owner has ever done for a club. Being too greedy can just fuck Him off.

Well the club was difinately in a financial mess. Doesn't matter if we were in champions league. Leeds is a perfect example of what happens to a champions league team that has no money to pay it's debt. Roman bought it and we were saved from going down the Leeds way.

Doesn't matter if he has 10b. He has done more for the club than any owner has ever done for a club. Being too greedy can just fuck Him off.

Having 10bn is greedy in my eyes. Chelsea were on the up, which is why he bought it rather than Spurs.

Yes he might fuck off -but he would then be seen to be childish, throwing his toys out the pram, not listening to the fans that make the club what it is, the fans that go to games and not therefore worthy of being an owner of the club I love, so good riddance.

Haha. Chelsea have the right to use morally wrong, underhand tactics because we want more information before we sell something WE OWN. People PAID for shares in that company. That's how business works and Roman knows that better than anyone. That comment is absolutely laughable.

The shares yes, but what is with stadium?

Having 10bn is greedy in my eyes. Chelsea were on the up, which is why he bought it rather than Spurs.

Yes he might fuck off -but he would then be seen to be childish, throwing his toys out the pram, not listening to the fans that make the club what it is, the fans that go to games and not therefore worthy of being an owner of the club I love, so good riddance.

Do you have a fobia of wealthy people?

And what if in 40 years time in a big new 60k seater stadium in battersea by the thames we got a new owner, say some americans akin to gillet and hicks, who purchase the club on leveraged debt totalling 500m for example but all the time accruing interest, they then start to make abysmal decisions like interfering with team selection and over spending beyond there means, we start losing ground in the league and drop out of the champions league spots (current liverpool pattern) for a few years, a few years without the CL revenue hits the club in the pocket and they cant afford to keep up with debt repayments and so need to sell a few players for money to service the debt which turns into a vicious cycle of selling better players and replacing with lesser quality players, this continues for a couple more years by which time it has taking its toll, we are considered a mid table club now.

The club have a terrible start to the season, morale is at an all time low, the manager gets the chop 12 games in only to be replaced with someone just as unable to get the players to play above their level, and the club "too big to go down" gets relegated by the end of the season, following the drop our revenues flatline even with the parachute payments (if they still exist) the club default on the loans, problem is a championship club with premiership expenditure isnt worth alot of money anymore say circa 100m max with debts of say 550m and a playing squad worth another 100m, leaves a short fall for the banks on their original loan of circa 350m.

Now where can the club raise the 350m needed to starve off the threat of liquidation? same way the mears did in the late 70s, and im sure if the owner whos family had owned the club for 75 years from its inception can sell the ground then a couple of hypothetical yanks up to their eyes in debt would, we would probably get a 10 year lease (minimum) back option in the deal but ultimately would find ourselves right back at the same situation as we were in with calibra/marler estates battle.

Of course if the cpo was transfered onto any new ground in exchange for the bridges freehold said hypothetical situation couldnt happen, this isnt about what happens to the club now and in 10 years time, its also about what happens to it past romans and ours lifetimes.

when Roman came in we were close to bankruptcy ,,talk of fire sales of our best players ,,Trevor Birch was brought in because he was a Bankruptcy

Lawyer..

And what if in 40 years time in a big new 60k seater stadium in battersea by the thames we got a new owner, say some americans akin to gillet and hicks, who purchase the club on leveraged debt totalling 500m for example but all the time accruing interest, they then start to make abysmal decisions like interfering with team selection and over spending beyond there means, we start losing ground in the league and drop out of the champions league spots (current liverpool pattern) for a few years, a few years without the CL revenue hits the club in the pocket and they cant afford to keep up with debt repayments and so need to sell a few players for money to service the debt which turns into a vicious cycle of selling better players and replacing with lesser quality players, this continues for a couple more years by which time it has taking its toll, we are considered a mid table club now.

The club have a terrible start to the season, morale is at an all time low, the manager gets the chop 12 games in only to be replaced with someone just as unable to get the players to play above their level, and the club "too big to go down" gets relegated by the end of the season, following the drop our revenues flatline even with the parachute payments (if they still exist) the club default on the loans, problem is a championship club with premiership expenditure isnt worth alot of money anymore say circa 100m max with debts of say 550m and a playing squad worth another 100m, leaves a short fall for the banks on their original loan of circa 350m.

Now where can the club raise the 350m needed to starve off the threat of liquidation? same way the mears did in the late 70s, and im sure if the owner whos family had owned the club for 75 years from its inception can sell the ground then a couple of hypothetical yanks up to their eyes in debt would, we would probably get a 10 year lease (minimum) back option in the deal but ultimately would find ourselves right back at the same situation as we were in with calibra/marler estates battle.

Of course if the cpo was transfered onto any new ground in exchange for the bridges freehold said hypothetical situation couldnt happen, this isnt about what happens to the club now and in 10 years time, its also about what happens to it past romans and ours lifetimes.

Why should we give the new stadium to 15k? They could do the sam as those Yanks.

The easiest thing to do is, to declare that the stadium and the club belong together.

Do you see other fans asking the same question you did? No.

Why should we give the new stadium to 15k? They could do the sam as those Yanks.

The easiest thing to do is, to declare that the stadium and the club belong together.

Do you see other fans asking the same question you did? No.

You obviously dont understand what it is the cpo have power over, they literally only have the power to stop the club from having the ground sold out from under them by unscrupulous owners, they have no powers to sell the ground without chelsea fc agreeing to it as well, they also have to lease back the stadia automatically each time the 199 year lease at a cost of £1 an annum runs out, in laymans terms the cpo cant do anything without the club also agreeing to it and vice versa, its basically a water tight fail safe to insure the club never goes throught the legal battle of the eighties again.

Now whether or not you agree if its needed anymore is irreverent, it might be needed in the future as who knows what that brings, that is the point sncpo are making.

when Roman came in we were close to bankruptcy ,,talk of fire sales of our best players ,,Trevor Birch was brought in because he was a Bankruptcy

Lawyer..

Birch lubricated the deal with Abramovich, the debts were written off, and he moved on to Leeds. Abramovich could see a jewel though, and qualification to the CL that year was the catalyst....

You obviously dont understand what it is the cpo have power over, they literally only have the power to stop the club from having the ground sold out from under them by unscrupulous owners, they have no powers to sell the ground without chelsea fc agreeing to it as well, they also have to lease back the stadia automatically each time the 199 year lease at a cost of £1 an annum runs out, in laymans terms the cpo cant do anything without the club also agreeing to it and vice versa, its basically a water tight fail safe to insure the club never goes throught the legal battle of the eighties again.

Now whether or not you agree if its needed anymore is irreverent, it might be needed in the future as who knows what that brings, that is the point sncpo are making.

Like you said, you never know what future brings.

I just don't like the idea of club being dependent on CPO when/if we move to another ground. If CPO had 50k or more members then that would be quite different.

Like you said, you never know what future brings.

I just don't like the idea of club being dependent on CPO when/if we move to another ground. If CPO had 50k or more members then that would be quite different.

That was the original idea behind the cpo, its just that it never got to the level of members first thought was possible by bates, im not sure what is wrong with 15k people who are majority dyed in the wool chelsea fans having the ultimate say on whether we move or not, they are speaking not only for themselves but also for the non cpo holders that would say no, until the club gives cast iron guarantees that we never move out of south west london and lets the cpo is transfered onto the new ground, I hope they continue to say no, as for us supporters they are our only voice on the matter.

That was the original idea behind the cpo, its just that it never got to the level of members first thought was possible by bates, im not sure what is wrong with 15k people who are majority dyed in the wool chelsea fans having the ultimate say on whether we move or not, they are speaking not only for themselves but also for the non cpo holders that would say no, until the club gives cast iron guarantees that we never move out of south west london and lets the cpo is transfered onto the new ground, I hope they continue to say no, as for us supporters they are our only voice on the matter.

Agree. I imagine what happened today if viewed in the 'Russian way' was that Gourlay and Buck fucked up. His lackeys didnt do their job.

We are bigger than Roman, and he didn't do this for us, he did it for himself and he's had his fun. I actually don't care how he feels. To him Roman comes first, to me Chelsea comes first. Yes he's engineered success for us, but never believe that we are indebted to him or that he cares about the fans. We will be here long after his departure whatever the weather.

The raised eyes smiley thing is presumably your way of saying you put an owner before a club. Are you related to him, a doe eyed hero- worship thing ? homo-erotic type thing ? or just that he has loads of muneeeee ?

No it's my way of saying that you are pathetic and you proved it.

No it's my way of saying that you are pathetic and you proved it.

Why because I put the club first before an owner ?

Why is that 'pathetic' ? All you've proved is that you can insult with no logical argument., which isnt that clever really, is it ?