test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

.Cee

Branislav Ivanovic

Started by .Cee,

3,564 posts in this topic

Hopefully Alonso makes the lb spot his and Azpil owns the rb position and Ivan becomes a squad player rather than a starter and the phase out begins.

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Hopefully Alonso makes the lb spot his and Azpil owns the rb position and Ivan becomes a squad player rather than a starter and the phase out begins.

This is what was said about Baba last year and nothing. 

We just waste money on Alonso like we did with Baba. That's what the board likes to do, waste money on mediocre players. 

1 hour ago, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Why is this clown is still starting matches after matches for us ?

He played well against Burnley and kept his place for Swanses. He played well against swansea and kept his spot for Liverpool. It helps that Alonso is new. Hopefully cogs start turning now. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

This is what was said about Baba last year and nothing. 

We just waste money on Alonso like we did with Baba. That's what the board likes to do, waste money on mediocre players. 

Well i'll give Alonso a chance before tarring him with the same brush,i'm hoping he can defend better than Baba,as managers are judged on Their signings im hoping he does a decent job and have the domino effect of pushing Ivan to a squad member for this season.

4 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

He played well against Burnley and kept his place for Swanses. He played well against swansea and kept his spot for Liverpool. It helps that Alonso is new. Hopefully cogs start turning now. 

For me personally, I would have replaced Ivanovic when the Summer transfer window was still open...but of course. Our manager/board is a genius, and he/they cannot see the obvious fact that Iva has already declined as a footballer for about a year and a half now.

The Chels likes this

Opponents don't fear him in attack. Give him acres of space because they know his crosses are shit. Can't buy Conte's excuse that Alonso was a week away from being ready. That's bullshit. 

The scenes when Alonso starts at LB and turned out worse than Ivanovic... 

We won't know until Conte actually does something.

7 hours ago, The Chels said:

I've totally accepted that this is going to happen.

If he ends up being worse than Ivanovic then that itself is a feat. I'm optimistic at the moment.

The Chels likes this

Funny thing is a few years back we were laughing at United spending £30m on Shaw. Fast forward a few years and that looks like chump change considering we spent £24m on Alonso. 

Hope the guy proves me wrong but he doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. 

Fernando and DYC. like this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Funny thing is a few years back we were laughing at United spending £30m on Shaw. Fast forward a few years and that looks like chump change considering we spent £24m on Alonso. 

Hope the guy proves me wrong but he doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. 

I don't remember laughing about that. In fact, I was fuming we didn't get him when he obviously wanted to come here but we were not willing to pay the fee :angry:

The Skipper likes this