Internazionale vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!! Though saying that Inter only just managed to qualify and it has been 2 years or so since Jose was in charge and the team has changed in same ways.Still gana be a toughie though but hopfully we can get that away goal and be capeable of defending set pieces!!

Balotelli & eto'o will be a formidable force, although I'd take anelka & drogba over them any day, being at home in the 2nd leg is a big advantage and being able to wear the white strip is all good..

and at least ac milan were avoided, as they are more unpredictable considering they took Real Madrid to the cleaners.

We've been everywhere in the last few years with these players, now Lamps, Drogs, JT and Co get the chance to go to the San Siro against Jose's inter side that are nowhere near as good as ppl make out despite being top in the passionless serie a. Really can't wait for this to resume, will defo get 2nd leg tickets even if we lose the first leg 4-0 i've gotta see Jose's reception, it'll be great.

• 3 weeks later...

if we play aggressive like Liverpool we will definitely win this match we want to play long passes because they are good and best quality players they can easily take the ball from our leg plz no skills just shoots and long passes

Mourinho's job safe – even if we lose to Chelsea, says Inter president

Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has promised the manager, José Mourinho, will keep his job even if the club are knocked out of theChampions League by Chelsea.

Mourinho's current club will face his former team when Inter meet Chelsea in the first knock-out round of this season's competition, with the tie split over two legs on 24 February and 16 March.

Inter were last continental champions in the 1964-65 campaign, with Moratti's father, Angelo, presiding over the club.

Moratti told Italian newspaper La Stampa: "The Champions League should not become an obsession or a complex for us. That's not the case for me, thanks to the fact that as a family, we have already won this title. We know, however, that we have to work from a psychological standpoint to overcome the first hurdle."

When asked if Mourinho would leave if they fail against Chelsea, Moratti added: "No, the coach will remain with us."

Mourinho's Inter failed to score in two matches against Manchester United last season as they were eliminated from the Champions League in the last 16. The 46-year-old Portuguese coach is in his second season at Inter and is under contract until June 2012.

Guardian

Edited by Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait for this match! I think our boys will be really pumped for the occasion. Hopefully we can get a good result over there. Knowing Mourinho, he will play a very defensive game then try catch us on the counter-attack. This is probably the only way they can beat us. Man for man we are stronger, but Mourinho is a genius.

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has revealed he has a cancellation clause in his San Siro contract amid growing speculation he is set for a return to England. The former Chelsea boss won the title with the Italian giants last season but he has regularly admitted he would relish the chance to work again in the Premier League and has been linked heavily with Liverpool and Manchester City recently.

Mourinho, who was in charge at Stamford Bridge between 2004 and 2007, says he has an "objective" contract with Inter that enables him to be released should he want it.

Source: Champions League soccer blog

As much as I would like to see Jose back in England, it would be strange to see him at another club. If it ever goes wrong with Carlo I would love to have him back!