Chelsea vs West Brom

chrismada9

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor?From Moulda..theres a shock

Guess the few games he hasnt played in havent improved him :(

Come on Bolton!!And ref..dont let the wind fool you!!

Oooo we're gana be top!Been aggggess

haha yes it was a shock to me too.... NOOOTTT ( borat style )

Full Time

2-0

Pretty comfortable win in the end no one really had to get out of first gear, just some nice passing did the trick and drogba seemed to make a difference in that first half. He defiantly brings something extra to the squad, i think its the way he holds the ball up he does it so well.

Good result in the end and we finally won a game lol wooooo

Goodnite all

Chelsea F.C. 2 - 0 West Bromwich Albion

December 26 2008, English Premier League, Stamford Bridge, West London

JN535177_429long.jpg

Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard scored as Chelsea recorded their fourth home win of the season against West Brom.

The Blues put three past Scott Carson at the Hawthorns in November, with Nicolas Anelka grabbing a brace after full-back Jose Bosingwa had hammered a shot into the top corner from range, and Luiz Felipe Scolari was hoping before the match that a similar result could be just what his team needed to spur them on to another spectacular home run.

Drogba's goal was an early indication that Chelsea meant business in this Boxing Day fixture, as the Ivorian quite brilliantly steered his header beyond Carson. Joe Cole's cross-field ball found the Ivorian who planted his header into the top corner to send Stamford Bridge into a cauldron of noise - despite the fact many spectators were still finding their seats!

Lampard soon converted from close range. Joe and Ashley Cole combined to tee up the Chelsea captain, who calmly stroked the ball over the rushing Carson, and into the net. It was a trademark, composed finish from the Blues number 8, and his eighth goal of the season couldn't have been better-timed.

Star Man

Frank Lampard

L.jpg

Wooo back to winning ways at home!

so was it 442 with drogba and anelka up front or was anelka on the wing?

Liverpool are winning! :(

Totally got me on that one. Sounded like it was meant to be 4-4-2 but didnt actually look like it.

To me it looked more like a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, with Joe sitting behind the two forwards, but Anelka was playing off Drogba to the left, sort of in a 4-3-3 with Joe sitting in the centre. Basically, Anelka and Cole had free roles.

To me it looked more like a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, with Joe sitting behind the two forwards, but Anelka was playing off Drogba to the left, sort of in a 4-3-3 with Joe sitting in the centre. Basically, Anelka and Cole had free roles.

According to Wilkins it was meant to be a 4-3-3 with Cole and Anelka either side of Didier. No wonder Anelka looked a bit all over the place at times, I not convinced Scolari had actually told any of them what the formation was.

We played well should have won at least 3-0 but i am pleased with the good performance and seeing Didier and Anelka working well together in a spicy formation.Ballack was the only one that didn't really pleased me but thats usual.The subs also did pretty well and with Ess and Riccy back we are going places.

I really loved the fans at the Shed at the end of the game - a brilliant atmosphere. But I didnt understand what were they singing and you will surely know...?

We're the middle, the middle of the shed

We're the west end, the west end of the shed

etc

(or was it west side? or part? something like that)