Chelsea vs CFR Cluj

BlueLion.

Chelsea F.C. vs CFR Cluj-Napoca

lampard2os3.jpg

Chelsea host Cluj in the Champions League with a win top of the agenda.

The Blues currently lie second in Group A of the Champions League, a point behind AS Roma who top the group. With the Italians hosting third-placed Bordeaux in Rome, Chelsea must match the result of their French rivals to ensure qualification to the knockout rounds of the competition at least, whilst if Chelsea win and Roma fail to do so at the Stadio Olimpico, Chelsea will top the group.

So how can we qualify?

• If Chelsea win and Roma beat Bordeaux, both teams will progress but Roma will top the group.
  • If Chelsea win and Roma draw with Bordeaux, both teams will progress and Chelsea will top the group.
  • If Chelsea win and Roma lose to Bordeaux, Chelsea will go top of the group and will progress with Bordeaux.
  • If Chelsea draw and Roma win, both teams will progress but Roma will top the group.
  • If Chelsea draw and Roma draw, both teams will progress but Roma will top the group.
  • If Chelsea draw and Roma lose to Bordeaux, Bordeaux and Roma will progress and Chelsea will enter the UEFA Cup.
  • If Chelsea lose and Roma beat Bordeaux, both teams will progress but Roma will top the group.
  • If Chelsea lose and Roma draw with Bordeaux, both teams will progress due to Chelsea's goal difference, but Roma will top the group.
  • If Chelsea lose and Roma lose, Bordeaux and Roma will progress and Chelsea will enter the UEFA Cup

Can the Blues do what is necessary, or will Cluj stun the Stamford Bridge crowd?

Match chat here.

Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Blues do what is necessary, or will Cluj stun the Stamford Bridge crowd?

They bloody better not!!!
All the vampires pun headlines if they do ahhhhhhhhh!
Erm 1-0.Gana be scary,esp waiting for the other results to pop up,which they better do lol
Going to this one and considering the last 2 I went to (Burnley and Newcastle) were shit this better make up for it

Come on Chels ffs!!!Dont screw this up.Uefa cup or hell nothing at all eeep

Put it this way:

Roma will qualify for the knockout stage if:

o they do not lose to Bordeaux OR

o Chelsea do not defeat CFR Cluj.

Roma will secure first position if:

o they defeat Bordeaux OR

o they draw to Bordeaux AND Chelsea fails to beat CFR Cluj.

Chelsea will qualify for the knockout stage if they defeat CFR Cluj OR Roma do not lose to Bordeaux.

Chelsea will secure first position if they defeat CFR Cluj AND Roma fails to beat Bordeaux.

Bordeaux will qualify for the knockout stage if they defeat Roma. If so, AND Chelsea fails to beat CFR Cluj, they will secure first position. In case they fail to beat Roma, they will qualify for the round of 32 of the UEFA Cup.

Look, the advantage for us is, 3 teams can still go thru. Roma will put in everything to win at home as they would not want to take the risk of going for a draw.

I still feel, its gonna be a draw at Rome and we will win our game and top the group.

I dont think this will be as straight forward as some might think. They've already shown they can hold their own against everyone in the group and they are more than capable of stopping us in our tracks.

Something that could go in our favour is that they'll want to attack and not sit back as teams do when they visit us. They need a win as much as we do to get into the UEFA Cup. We all know what we can do when teams allow us to play.

I'll definately be down to the knuckles for this one all right.

It's typical Chelsea, always make it hard for ourselves.

Those free scarves will come in handy tomorrow - to cover my eyes!

Hahaha defo!Esp when they're shooting at the Shed End or the other results come through

Edited by Laylabelle

Tri-Blue's got a good point - but they can't qualify for the UEFA Cup, because of head-to-head matches against Bordeaux - if Cluj beat us and Roma beat Bordeaux, we'd still go through as second-placed team, but Bordeaux would enter the UEFA Cup as they beat Cluj 1-0 at home and 2-1 away.

Tri-Blue's got a good point - but they can't qualify for the UEFA Cup, because of head-to-head matches against Bordeaux - if Cluj beat us and Roma beat Bordeaux, we'd still go through as second-placed team, but Bordeaux would enter the UEFA Cup as they beat Cluj 1-0 at home and 2-1 away.

I dont want us to be second, cus then there would be a possibility of facing Barcelona(apart from Mancs, Pools and Arsenal or Milan), which I want to avoid. They are scary shit at the moment.

We need to go at these minnows from the start and wrap it up by half time. If we dont win, Well i wont even go there.

Team id like to see

Cech

Bosingwa-Terry-Alex-Cole

Deco-Ballack-Mikel-Kalou

Drogba-Anelka

COME ON Chelsea !!!!!!! :blue scalf::blue scalf: