Michael Owen

the wes

Boss Phil Scolari has been told budget cuts mean he has around £10million to spend on new players.

The Blues value 28-year-old Owen — who is out of contract next summer — at between £3m-5m.

Scolari is keen to recruit a top-class striker to cover for Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka.

His first choice was Brazil striker Luis Fabiano but Seville’s price tag of £25m has made that move impossible.

There is concern at Stamford Bridge about Owen’s injury record but they will monitor his fitness and form in the coming weeks before deciding on an offer.

Owen, who earns £108,000 a week at St James’ Park, is unlikely to be offered a similar salary at Chelsea.

Financial restructuring and worries over the number of matches he has played mean a smaller deal will be offered.

A weekly wage of £60,000 could then be topped up by a playing bonus to £100,000.

Chelsea may face competition from Spurs, though, who are also on the look-out for a striker.

Boss Harry Redknapp knows a move for Owen would be cheaper than signing Jermaine Defoe, who is valued at £12m by Portsmouth.

Owen, fit again after a groin injury, believes Newcastle will continue to head up the table.

He said: “We know we’re a decent team. If we have a good run, fifth, sixth or seventh place is not impossible.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1903162.ece

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that the club might be sniffing round him on R5 this morning.

My first reaction was No! -hes lost it now. Second reaction was - and hes always fucking injured, makes Robben seem invincible.

that's true

I agree, I wouldn't mind having him. He scores important goals, some coming off the bench. He would not solve our striking problem completely b/c he is always injured but 5 million isn't much. And we could do with someone who can score when we are losing besides JT.

michael owen to Chelsea wouldnt want him at there i think we need some fresh players on the wings and a attking player like arshavin

No, not Arshavin. I've said this time and time again that he won't be suitable to the PL, plus he's more of a midfielder/Deco type player. We need a striker that will 'goal-hang' cause we've already got enough midfielders/wingers roaming around the edge of the box. We need someone who will always be in the right place at the right time to bury the ball home after all our playmakers are done with the silky stuff. :thumbsup:

4 Words

Injury Prone - The Sun

:lol:

One thing about Michael Owen is that he will always score goals and he will always be in the right place. He aint as quick as he was but hes still as good a finisher. I wouldnt mind getting him at all.

i wouldn't mind having him in the squad but he was never someone i looked at to resolve our striker problem, he does score important goals but that's when hes not injured. If he can work his way around the injuries i think he would be a good back up.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You