Super Frank Thread

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Dropping Pulisic who has been our best player all season once again need questioning.

I don't think Frank has a clue and is trying to keep too many players happy instead of playing the key players in form.

Not playing Pulisic yes I agree 100%.

Not so sure about second comment.

Tactically he needs to look at it against smaller teams, especially against Southampton, decision to play a back 5 is difficult to comprehend. Today is our 7th loss this season in the league. I mean Southampton played narrow without the ball, didnt do anything hugely outstanding tactically although their effort amd application was very impressive for a team struggling with in form. They gave us the width and we didnt utilize it well. Its a common theme, under Sarri, under Conte, under Lampard... smaller teams willing to roll their sleeves up, sit in narrow, play on the counter...

As for Azpi and Reece James, Reece when he played didnt fill me with confidence either. Like Tomori few dodgy individual mistakes in some games. Azpi does okay to the final third, he isnt going to burn anyone for pace but he needs to beat that first man. Emerson has the legs and can go beyond guys but final ball again shocking. Mason coming on was a good move. Pulisic not coming in earlier was poor management because Callum again, anonymous bar one shot he had.

We have to be honest and say if  it was any other manager at any other time of the RA era he would be sacked today. All these defeats to crap teams at home is bad enough but the actual performances and effort has been completely unacceptable!  None of those defeats were down to bad luck.  I never expected us to be chalenging City or Liverpool but i was expecting to see signs of progress by Xmas, but instead we're going backwards and it looks like Frank is running out of ideas of what to do next. He'll need to do better than this in the second half of the season to  deserve another season in charge.

5 minutes ago, chippy said:

We have to be honest and say if  it was any other manager at any other time of the RA era he would be sacked today. All these defeats to crap teams at home is bad enough but the actual performances and effort has been completely unacceptable!  None of those defeats were down to bad luck.  I never expected us to be chalenging City or Liverpool but i was expecting to see signs of progress by Xmas, but instead we're going backwards and it looks like Frank is running out of ideas of what to do next. He'll need to do better than this in the second half of the season to  deserve another season in charge.

Nah, he's insackable this season. 

35 minutes ago, chippy said:

It's not him but many managers. 

As of late Conte and Sarri we always start good and fall apart this time. 

It's not the coach but the players. We need to improve the defense before we can go anywhere because that's been the problem since Conte and does not get resolved because we spend all energy on sacking and getting a new coach. 

By the time the new coach knows who he wants and who wants to sell he is gone and we keep the same players. 

Good thing is that this time the board will keep Lampard and back him in the transfer window. Just like united are doing with Ole. 

Lampard has to give a reasonable explanation for the dross at home. It can‘t go on like this. ManU winning, damn it. Miserable Boxing day for us, it‘s on Lamps, sorry. We can‘t rely on a win against Spurs and then lose to the likes of Everton or Southampton. Transfer ban doesn‘t mean that you start losing against shit teams. I‘m fuming.

Still, I wouldn‘t trade Frank for any manager bar Simeone.

This recent trend of hiring inexperienced coaches will end badly and soon.

My hope for Frankie is over today, after all the ups and downs, after the result of the last game, today was the game that defined us.
And it was awful. Everything was horrible.

He could not choose the right system, nor the players, the attitude was terrible, the intensity null.
We were never above the opponent in the game, I never felt I could win the game against Southampton at home.
With Southampton resting some of the best players.

And our main problems don't have to see if the defense has 3, 4 or 5 players.
Frankie doesn't know how to train.

Frankie's face at the end of the first part said it all.
It was completely lost.

And now?
It's a problem.
How many people can evaluate Frankie as a coach and not as a legendary club player?

How long will it take before the decision is made?

We will not end up in 4th place.

My # 1 choice?
Erik Ten Hag

# 2?
Julian Nagelsmann

Young or experienced, but coaches, modern and ambitious.

Yeah, horrible losses lately but pragmatically speaking before season:

1) no one expected us to finish top 4

2)we didn't expected to have January transfer window either 

Now it's half a season and we are still top4 with transfer window incoming and by reports we are going to spend big. So we are in good position. Our winning run gave us more expectations from this team. If we won just 4,5 more points this season we would be in great position to have more points than what we had with Sarri last season. And that is completely unrealistic!

Pep in first season was clueless with a better team, trying every formation possible, losing 4:0 to Everton...

We need to be more patient! 

^agreed that is why I'm not mad at how the season has gone. 

If anything I'm pleasently surprise since I expected us to be 7 to 10th place. 

For me it shows Lampard is a really good manager despite the run that we are in.

He is making some rookie mistakes like today using the 3 at the back but he so far has exceeded my expectation. 

And just like United is backing Ole, we will back Lampard, as Lamps is way better then Ole. 

1 hour ago, Lobsters & Cigars said:

This recent trend of hiring inexperienced coaches will end badly and soon.

My hope for Frankie is over today, after all the ups and downs, after the result of the last game, today was the game that defined us.
And it was awful. Everything was horrible.

He could not choose the right system, nor the players, the attitude was terrible, the intensity null.
We were never above the opponent in the game, I never felt I could win the game against Southampton at home.
With Southampton resting some of the best players.

And our main problems don't have to see if the defense has 3, 4 or 5 players.
Frankie doesn't know how to train.

Frankie's face at the end of the first part said it all.
It was completely lost.

And now?
It's a problem.
How many people can evaluate Frankie as a coach and not as a legendary club player?

How long will it take before the decision is made?

We will not end up in 4th place.

My # 1 choice?
Erik Ten Hag

# 2?
Julian Nagelsmann

Young or experienced, but coaches, modern and ambitious.

Nagelsmann all day long over Ten Hag.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Nah, he's insackable this season. 

No manager is unsackable.

If he loses 9 more in a row he is so gone. That would make 10 loses im a row on the bounce and would guarantee we have zero Europe next season.

Keep Lampard at that point and it is saying publicly that Roman simply doesnt care anymore about the club.

TBH, as I have been saying, the club truly needs to be sold anyway. In a few years we will be the only top 25 or so club in the world with a non new or non renovated stadium. RA is never going to build one as he is basically banned from Britain. As long as Putin is in power, that is not changing, and might not even after Putin.

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Emery got sacked because he never knew what formation got the best out of the team. 

After nearly two seasons and buying some players. 

Your comparing that to a coach that has not gotten any buys and is using youth.....