Super Frank Thread

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did we create much in that Everton game? We made so many stupid mistakes at the back and got physically overrun by them. 

Tammy failed to connect to two tap ins, Willian had another but somehow let the defender come goal side of him, we had a three on one that turned into three on five due to dillying with it. Mount and Willian had two other big chances.

I very much put that defeat down to finishing, we opened Everton up constantly between their first two goals.

14 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

PPlastic? Hahahaha. Do you understand the meaning of the word plastic. 

You, the person who wants our manager sacked without even giving him a whole year is calling someone else plastic.

The same person who writes up the same shit "transfer" deals as if its a child's job to do without having any actual knowledge of the accounts or the fact that there are other clubs and aprties involved too. "If marina cant get this done, she knows nothing" LOLOLOL.

I might be a keyboard commando, but I would still say the same thing face to face with anyone saying that we should sack lamps. Unlike some people my love for the club and its personnel is not based on us winning.

Moreover, I understand what this season represents, which is transition. Transition from being a defensive team to attacking unit. Transition from a team based out of roman's wallet to using the youth and academy. And hence willing to (understandably) giving lamps the time, specially when the squad it so short-handed. But most of these things wont be understandable to a plastic like you.

what a pile of rot

you twist words, insult me on most every exchange

I fucking damn well know what plastic is,

AND I AM NOT IT

so sod off with that condescending tosh

I laid out very specific chains of events

and NO MANAGER GETS A FULL YEAR NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS ARE

you posit that he is safe no matter what transpires

that is delusional

you can spin it anyway you want

but it is

on edit

you know literally fuckall about the market

and what can and cannot be done

you consistently have typed pure lies about monies and future forward flows of rolling year over year balance sheets

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tammy failed to connect to two tap ins, Willian had another but somehow let the defender come goal side of him, we had a three on one that turned into three on five due to dillying with it. Mount and Willian had two other big chances.

I very much put that defeat down to finishing, we opened Everton up constantly between their first two goals.

Well, seems like we were watching different game or I need to watch it again but the overriding fact from the game is we made stupid defensive mistakes and got bullied all over the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Of course it was an exaggeration, just like the exaggerated post of the other person. 

Mate, even thinking of lamps getting the sack right now is unbelievable. I seriously cant even understand why he is the one disposable for people when we have 5-10 players in the squad that need to either be sold or upgraded. The fact that people are calling for his head right now, is shameful to say the least.

What can I say my friend, we all have our views......we are all passionate and want the best for this Club. We could def do without calling eachother all sorts just beacuse of opinions. He wont be sacked, but there is no denying we have gone horrible and flat. Subs are below par, lineups too. The fight and desire not there, the defence keep looking like children vs anyone. Shit teams out of form showing more energy and hunger etc......he has his hands full and he knows it.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

What can I say my friend, we all have our views......we are all passionate and want the best for this Club. We could def do without calling eachother all sorts just beacuse of opinions. He wont be sacked, but there is no denying we have gone horrible and flat. Subs are below par, lineups too. The fight and desire not there, the defence keep looking like children vs anyone. Shit teams out of form showing more energy and hunger etc......he has his hands full and he knows it.

There is one thing to have a view, and totally another to be asking for the manager to be sacked.

Defensive issue - Been there since the start of the season. Will be sorted with better personnel. 

Energy and hunger - we have no squad. He started giroud and pedro against a hapless west ham, and we were dire. we lost and people blamed him on taking things to easy. Today he put his best team forward, and people are still saying his line up was poor. I dont think so. I think the squad needs a revamp. The minimum we can do is give him one window atleast rather than have it all result based which is what a lot of people are doing.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

that poster is a spinner

they misrepresent a very specific post and try to spin it into saying that I am claiming he should be sacked NOW

it is bollocks

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

what a pile of rot

you twist words, insult me on most every exchange

I fucking damn well know what plastic is,

AND I AM NOT IT

so sod off with condescending tosh

I laid out very specific chains of events

and NO MANAGER GETS A FULL YEAR NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS ARE

you posit that he is safe no matter what transpires

that is delusional

you can spin it anyway you want

but it is

Write something not worth insulting and i wont. 

NO MANAGER ALSO GETS A SACK WITHOUT GETTING ATLEAST A SUMMER WINDOW OR ANY TRANSFER WINDOW (since i wrote it all in caps does my point contain more power)

As i said before, I would rather be delusional than being a plastic who supports only for winning and is asking for the sack 4 months into the job when the said manager is STILL performing better than most expected (dont forget that most on here predicted that we wont finish top 6), we are forth, into the round of 16 of CL, into one of the biggest transitions and with a transfer ban, and the fact that you can even ask for a ban shows a lot.

2 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

There is one thing to have a view, and totally another to be asking for the manager to be sacked.

Defensive issue - Been there since the start of the season. Will be sorted with better personnel. 

Energy and hunger - we have no squad. He started giroud and pedro against a hapless west ham, and we were dire. we lost and people blamed him on taking things to easy. Today he put his best team forward, and people are still saying his line up was poor. I dont think so. I think the squad needs a revamp. The minimum we can do is give him one window atleast rather than have it all result based which is what a lot of people are doing.

Nahh I dont think we will get that much better with the personnel defensive wise. We really should be more organized more compact to battle this issue till we can get quality in, cuz it looks like we have abandoned our defensive shape, I agree our defence is not super duper but we can def make it look harder to beat. Look at our corners, set-pieces, just so so bad, and thats on both ends.

I agree our squad thanks to marina and the board look poor, but it sure as fuck should not lose to piss poor teams that are out of form and with many injuries etc. The size of this job is too big atm, FL cant take the battle head on cuz we have too many issues. He needs to be smart and go safer until we grow stronger.

19 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Of course it was an exaggeration, just like the exaggerated post of the other person. 

Mate, even thinking of lamps getting the sack right now is unbelievable. I seriously cant even understand why he is the one disposable for people when we have 5-10 players in the squad that need to either be sold or upgraded. The fact that people are calling for his head right now, is shameful to say the least.

again with the lies

I NEVER said to sack him now

that is fucking pure tosh

you have a repeated and systemic problem with the truth

and it is RICH

that now you are talking about upwards of 10 players or so who need to go when you have consistently shit on most all transfer posts that tried to deal with more than 2 or 3 or 4 players and also conceded the fact that not all can be done in just the January and upcoming summer window

keep on typing lies

and I will keep on calling you a liar

it really is simple m8

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Nahh I dont think we will get that much better with the personnel defensive wise. We really should be more organized more compact to battle this issue till we can get quality in, cuz it looks like we have abandoned our defensive shape, I agree our defence is not super duper but we can def make it look harder to beat. Look at our corners, set-pieces, just so so bad, and thats on both ends.

I agree our squad thanks to marina and the board look poor, but it sure as fuck should not lose to piss poor teams that are out of form and with many injuries etc. The size of this job is too big atm, FL cant take the battle head on cuz we have too many issues. He needs to be smart and go safer until we grow stronger.

I think a lot of our problems might. I mean take today for example. How many balls did rudiger and zouma lose when trying to play the diagonal. How many times did azpi and emerson find themselves with a diagonal, but could just chest it and recycle it back to the mid or the CBs? These are the margins. Playing against an unsettled on the move defence vs a settled defence with every happening slowly. Also, how many times were there massive through the mid intercepted. A good ball playing Cb or 2, might be the exact thing we need. LB is a must.

We did abandon our defensive shape towards the end, but to be fair, it was way towards the end. The whole match or the majority of it, we were comfortable. 

Lastly, in a vaccum, our team/squad should be good enough to win against the WHU/Bournemouths. But it again comes to fatigue and desire. How many games have tammy/puli/willian started in the last 3 weeks. Liverpool could rest mane in one game, salah and firmino in the other. Have these guys have any rest. sadly no. 

I kinda disagree on the last sentence. If FL has a philosophy, then he should stick to it. THink long term. I mean Pep barely got CL qualification with City in his 1st year. That was with one of the most expensive squads and a 100mil transfer funds. Lamps has had to do this with the kids. He can go pragmatic for the short term or he can stick to his guns, and continue developing for the future. I still trust in him. For every negative there is a very valid reason (except for set piece defending and attacking), as well as positives. Atleast for me.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

again with the lies

I NEVER said to sack him now

that is fucking pure tosh

you have a repeated and systemic problem with the truth

and it is RICH

that now you are talking about upwards of 10 players or so who need to go when you have consistently shit on most all transfer posts that tried to deal with more than 2 or 3 or 4 players and also conceded the fact that not all can be done in just the January and upcoming summer window

keep on typing lies

and I will keep on calling you a liar

it really is simple m8

LOL. Try to understand what is written rather than running your mouth. "Thinking of sacking him right now" means that considering the thought of sacking him at the moment fact that despite any permutations and combinations of results in the next month is what is un-thinkable to me. 

I have always maintained that we need to sell giroud, pedro, michy, barkley, alonso at the least. That in itself are 5 players. If the CBs do continue performing the way they are, then we would need to upgrade there too. In any case 5 players to go/upgrade (list is given above).

Try your addition and subtraction in the transfer thread, this is not working out for you. Or you can continue with the "When do we sack lamps agenda"

3 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I think a lot of our problems might. I mean take today for example. How many balls did rudiger and zouma lose when trying to play the diagonal. How many times did azpi and emerson find themselves with a diagonal, but could just chest it and recycle it back to the mid or the CBs? These are the margins. Playing against an unsettled on the move defence vs a settled defence with every happening slowly. Also, how many times were there massive through the mid intercepted. A good ball playing Cb or 2, might be the exact thing we need. LB is a must.

We did abandon our defensive shape towards the end, but to be fair, it was way towards the end. The whole match or the majority of it, we were comfortable. 

Lastly, in a vaccum, our team/squad should be good enough to win against the WHU/Bournemouths. But it again comes to fatigue and desire. How many games have tammy/puli/willian started in the last 3 weeks. Liverpool could rest mane in one game, salah and firmino in the other. Have these guys have any rest. sadly no. 

I kinda disagree on the last sentence. If FL has a philosophy, then he should stick to it. THink long term. I mean Pep barely got CL qualification with City in his 1st year. That was with one of the most expensive squads and a 100mil transfer funds. Lamps has had to do this with the kids. He can go pragmatic for the short term or he can stick to his guns, and continue developing for the future. I still trust in him. For every negative there is a very valid reason (except for set piece defending and attacking), as well as positives. Atleast for me.

Thats fair.....but we were not comfortable today. We did nothing, too slow and without ideas. If King had his shooting boots on we were fucked hard. Problem with pep was that he could go spend 250m on defence alone. Shit we are lucky if we spend that amount overall in summer. I wouldnt mind if he went a bit pragmatic to ensure we have a bigger chance of top 4 and then bolster up and try his way again. Cuz we def need CL footy,

Irrespective of whether Lampard is the right appointment or not the club has backed itself into a bit of a corner appointing him.

There will be riots if the board sack him early, such is his standing at the club.

All the positive publicity we've had too this season will be pissed against the wall if we pull the trigger early.

And what will happen with (a) the style of football we've tried to implement over the last 18 months and (b) the academy players coming through.

Bringing in a more defensive minded coach that is concentrating on the short term will send us backwards long term. I do still believe that Lampard is the right appointment at present to be laying the foundations that we will long term reap. If he's not good enough to take us to the next level of winning trophies (i.e. Poch at Spurs) then that is a debate at the time but at present in my opinion we need to try to play our way back into form and get through this patch. A signing or two in January may also give us a bit of a boost, and Lampard really needs next summer to be judged properly. I can't think of many other managers going into a top job and not having any opportunity to bring at least a couple of their own players in.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

There won't be riots. A sensible Chelsea fan would know that while Lampard is a club legend, he isn't a legend by coaching. There will NOT be riots at all if we fail to get top 4 this season, no trophies, mid-table and he gets the sacking.

He would have failed all his targets and he also gave us hope that we can clinch CL spot.

5th to 7th and he would have absolutely not failed all in all, especially if the next generation are firmly established in the squad.