test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,629 posts in this topic

I think frank need to improve his squad utilization and rotation. People were complaining about Sarri lack of rotation but I don't remember seeing player look rusty or maybe I just don't remember. If CHO is part of frank rotation he need to play more. We have enough depth in almost every area except maybe cm due to ruben injury. 

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is no time for jokes.

The value of the Chelsea squad is almost one billion.
And we want this value to rise exponentially in the next markets.

I don't support these recent adventures of joking for inexperienced coaches.
United, Arsenal, Chelsea, all falling for this folly.

But, I supported Frankie until this last game, I liked his initial boldness and bet on youngsters.
A positive football.
I wanted to believe it.

But then reality comes.
And Frankie is not over for me now for the last defeat.

Mistakes are and will be natural, one thing is to err, another to repeat the same endless mistakes.
There is no evolution.
Self-critical.
Intelligence, talent.

He doesn't know what he's doing.

He is not a coach.
I don't know if he will ever be.

But Chelsea can't be a test tube for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The silver-lining to Chelsea's poor run of games is the evident need to strengthen in certain areas. Had we had good run of games in December, then we would have been blinded by the potential of the youth and might not have anticipated the downside of having so many talented but inexperienced players integrated to the team all at once. I fully understand the doubters - at times we were playing high-scoring, free-flowing football and the appetite grew over time, but no need to get ahead of ourselves and expect the unexpected - a young team with an inexperienced -yet loved- manager - the club's name itself won't give us the results. I believe we should for once stick with a manager -despite the recent poor results- and time will tell if it was the right decision. I'm fully behind Frank Lampard and i think the club is going in the right direction.

Azpinator and killer1257 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobsters & Cigars said:

This is no time for jokes.

The value of the Chelsea squad is almost one billion.
And we want this value to rise exponentially in the next markets.

I don't support these recent adventures of joking for inexperienced coaches.
United, Arsenal, Chelsea, all falling for this folly.

But, I supported Frankie until this last game, I liked his initial boldness and bet on youngsters.
A positive football.
I wanted to believe it.

But then reality comes.
And Frankie is not over for me now for the last defeat.

Mistakes are and will be natural, one thing is to err, another to repeat the same endless mistakes.
There is no evolution.
Self-critical.
Intelligence, talent.

He doesn't know what he's doing.

He is not a coach.
I don't know if he will ever be.

But Chelsea can't be a test tube for him.

Give him this transfer window before we judge him like this.

But yes, Chelsea isn't a toy. Chelsea isn't something for rookies to come wild. We are supposed to aim to be the best in the land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I was sceptical about the back 3 yesterday pre kick off but that was the least of our troubles when things kicked off.

We were moving the ball well and finding Cesar in space time and time again so if the plan was to stretch the game in theory it worked, however as soon as we got to the final third Cesar and co froze, system wasn't the massive issue yesterday, execution was.

I think if we want to play with wingbacks against lesser sides we need to do three things.

1. Sign a dynamic attacking left back in January.

2. Play Reece at RCB.

3. Convert one of the wingers to play RWB, probably Pulisic the most suitable option.

But did we even need to play the back 3 against Southampton? Emerson and Azpi are already suspect as full backs as it is but playing them as wing backs made it worse because it exposed their limitations especially going forward. Had Alonso and James been available to start, then maybe things would have turned out better but since they weren't, it made little sense to play the system. The back 3 has only worked this season when there is a specific purpose and it hasn't worked when there isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mana said:

Give him this transfer window before we judge him like this.

But yes, Chelsea isn't a toy. Chelsea isn't something for rookies to come wild. We are supposed to aim to be the best in the land.

Not only rookie managers but youngsters as well. Some of them think this is the perfect platform for them to go after to Real or Barcelona, starting to look like charity with some of those average youngsters playing no matter the form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinineUltra said:

The silver-lining to Chelsea's poor run of games is the evident need to strengthen in certain areas. Had we had good run of games in December, then we would have been blinded by the potential of the youth and might not have anticipated the downside of having so many talented but inexperienced players integrated to the team all at once. I fully understand the doubters - at times we were playing high-scoring, free-flowing football and the appetite grew over time, but no need to get ahead of ourselves and expect the unexpected - a young team with an inexperienced -yet loved- manager - the club's name itself won't give us the results. I believe we should for once stick with a manager -despite the recent poor results- and time will tell if it was the right decision. I'm fully behind Frank Lampard and i think the club is going in the right direction.

Almost every manager we have had over the past decade experienced the same thing Lampard has this season - started the season well with the team playing well, team picking up good results but then things started to fall apart and became inconsistent from November-December onward. Scolari in 2008/09, Ancelotti in 2010/11, Di Matteo in 2012/13, Conte in 17/18, Sarri in 2018/19 to name a few. Obviously Lampard has made mistakes this season, but so did the more experienced managers before him. So maybe there is far deeper issue here at the club than just the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nicco said:

I still find it absolutely shocking how he started CHO instead of Pulisic who was fresh from not playing the last match.

If Conte did this and also lost so many matches in December people would say he's trying to send a message to the board before transfer window 😂

Atomiswave and Nicco like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If Conte did this and also lost so many matches in December people would say he's trying to send a message to the board before transfer window 😂

Think Lampard did that with the Pedro sub. Brought him on out of the blue, instead of Batshuayi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Almost every manager we have had over the past decade experienced the same thing Lampard has this season - started the season well with the team playing well, team picking up good results but then things started to fall apart and became inconsistent from November-December onward. Scolari in 2008/09, Ancelotti in 2010/11, Di Matteo in 2012/13, Conte in 17/18, Sarri in 2018/19 to name a few. Obviously Lampard has made mistakes this season, but so did the more experienced managers before him. So maybe there is far deeper issue here at the club than just the manager.

Oh we got fucking problems alright.....we are just not a fully well run Club at all.

56 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If Conte did this and also lost so many matches in December people would say he's trying to send a message to the board before transfer window 😂

You can say that again.....many would have maulded his ass, saying he is sabatoging the team and wants his pay out or what not. Still one of the best managers around and one of the best we will have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Think Lampard did that with the Pedro sub. Brought him on out of the blue, instead of Batshuayi. 

That doesn't have any sense because they already give big budget to Frank for January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

That doesn't have any sanse because they already give big budget to Frank for January. 

If you believe the rumors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Look at Batshuayi's body language in the post match celebrations against Spurs. 

Tells it all. 

Can you Post a Video ?

 

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone see Frankie's face when the game was about to end the first half?
That shot that was filmed about 10 or 15 seconds?

That is really enlightening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member