Super Frank Thread

Are we really cribbing about today?

What did people expect FL to do? Go gung ho without our 2 best wingers, no LB, a GK who can't stop a shot, catch a cross or pass the ball. 

FL got the tactics spot on. And it showed. Werner could have had a brace in the first half. We were solid defensively against one of the best attacking teams in the world. 

Anyone moaning today about FL needs to get his head checked and tested.

7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Are we really cribbing about today?

What did people expect FL to do? Go gung ho without our 2 best wingers, no LB, a GK who can't stop a shot, catch a cross or pass the ball. 

FL got the tactics spot on. And it showed. Werner could have had a brace in the first half. We were solid defensively against one of the best attacking teams in the world. 

Anyone moaning today about FL needs to get his head checked and tested.

Anyone who posts 'LOL" as a response maybe needs their head checked.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Look at this response, a typical 2020 response. Have we actually given up on debate to post shite like this?

A typical 2020 knee jerk reaction would be to say that they can't defend the manager when he does not have both his main wingers, his 1st choice lB, 1st choice CB, and a half decent gk.

Ask Klopp to play without Allison, Salah, mane, Robertson, vvd and see how good or bad they are

"Lol" was an appropriate response to an asenine post . Pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

A typical 2020 knee jerk reaction would be to say that they can't defend the manager when he does not have both his main wingers, his 1st choice lB, 1st choice CB, and a half decent gk.

Ask Klopp to play without Allison, Salah, mane, Robertson, vvd and see how good or bad they are

I can't believe you posted this much in response...it proves you can do it rather than fucking LOL...

Keep it up.

We were passively shithousing and the only idea to get the ball forward was to hoof it to Havertz.  

How are people defending this?
Isn't that how Chelsea always used tk play? I do not remember Barcelona tiki taka at Chelsea ever

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Isn't that how Chelsea always used tk play? I do not remember Barcelona tiki taka at Chelsea ever

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

We didn't always passively shithouse our way to a result and I don't think anyone is saying that approach under Mourinho or Conte was enjoyable either. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I can't believe you posted this much in response...it proves you can do it rather than fucking LOL...

Keep it up.

Awww. But you can't defend the manager right? 

Surprising you are able to defend yourself and your pathetic and knee jerky opinion.

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Tbh i didn't think of it like that, i remember we got spanked by Rafa's Liverpool when we had many players out and that was our (and one of English footballs) best squad ever.

I'm more annoyed with the lack of ideas going forward, defensively we have done well so far this season all things considered.

Didn't Lampard get his free pass last season? How many free passes are we going to give him? Not that 2 games into a season we should even be talking about changes which nobody is but a free pass after spending 200 million on players he particularly wanted? A year after getting a free pass because he couldn't buy anyone and had to rely on academy players/use deadweight that he isnt necessarily keen on? No offence but do yous realise how daft that sounds? Is it going to be the same next season as well?

I get he needs time still to gel these players and they do need to adapt but with this group now, I don't think finishing in the top 4 should be the minimum expectation or get him pass marks with this squad this time around - although we still have glaring weaknesses but now you cannot really say that it can be down to lacking players when Mendy comes in which was the reason for some of the issues last season arguably. He's just got 2 top level German internationals who start in the NT most games, England's first choice LB realistically, one of Ajax's standout players in the last 2 seasons in the CL, Brazil and PSG's captain and getting another GK on top of the other younger players who did well in patches last season, being another year more experienced and progressing for that experiences. If this was Klopp, Pep, Mourinho or whoever who had spent this money on these players it would be okay they should be trying to be competing for the title at least. That is going to have to be the idea this season, be actively competing in the title race for a period at least or the full way and if not, closing that gap significantly. Finishing 4th would be a disaster. Finishing 3rd and 30 points off the winner again would be a disaster too in my opinion because that would indicate the gap has gotten bigger instead of smaller. 

Whether I believe we can compete in the title race or not, with guys like Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner upfront, that should be more than enough to get us more chances, more goals ultimately more points in games and get results against teams we struggled to break down last season also. Now I think we've seen already in 2 games the similar issues we had last season, teams finding it too easy to play in between our lines, in behind our full backs, looking more likely to score from set plays. All of these which was still a coaching issue in my eyes last season so it must be improved and that has got to be on Lampard and the staff now because even with Thiago Silva I don't think he is going to be able to sort all of that out himself or the whole defence still. Good defensive and team shape help all defenders. Even van Dijk. Even Sergio Ramos. Even Koulibaly. If the structures not organized it doesn't help. For a bit today we were organised but we sacrificed a lot more of our attacking play to do this. We have to manage some sort of balance. At times we were top heavy last season and didn't worry about defending as much and we suffered from it. 

We talked about Conte and Mourinho's team sets up where they were too much in terms of just sitting off and remaining organised then when they had the ball struggling. We seen a bit of that today, just give it to Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic/Mount and let them try and punt it over the top to Werner or Havertz. Every time. Frank has to find the balance. Also must give credit to Fikayo Tomori today looked very good and I wouldnt be surprised if he gets a chance next to Thiago Silva at some point when hes ready to play. 

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Why is Jorginho our penalty taker?

He has missed one penalty throughout his spell here and this shit starts. Fantastic.