Super Frank Thread

if Lamps shits out

one name needs to be at the top of the list

Julian Nagelsmann

plus, we have a small German core already, and if we move for Zakaria or another Budesliga player or players, boom

I am NOT new to this either

been saying to hire him since it was clear Conte was leaving

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if Lamps shits out

Julian Nagelsmann

plus, we have a small German core already, and if we move for Zakaria or another Budesliga player or players, boom

Him or Poch for me if FL dont last the season....make no mistake Poch could do damage with us.

He is right though. Our first 44 minutes against Pool were very good. Our complete match against brighton was horrific. I am also much happier with the first 44 minutes than with our last match against Brighton.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Count me one, I also think for the first 44 mins we played much better than the Brighton game and Havertz improved his plays quite a lot with linkups, passes and runs into space. IIRC we have more chances than the scums to make attempts in the first half.

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He was certainly advertised as a world beater....

The minute he became available to Chelsea was the moment for expectations to be recalibrated and, at the very least, for the replacing of highlights videos with all touches ones.

I like Kai. I'm glad we have him. He can drift and he can loose possession but he can also be devastating. If and when we get more fluent, and especially when we get Hakim and Chris into the team, we'll create opportunities for him to hurt opponents. Remember, Eden had plenty of games where nothing was happening for him.

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Him or Poch for me if FL dont last the season....make no mistake Poch could do damage with us.

Poch is 2nd on the list

do not really have a 3rd, as the club is not built for Simeone

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if Lamps shits out

Julian Nagelsmann

Nagelsmann is the man, no doubt about it.

36 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And like clockwork, Lampard blaming the red 

It was significant moment in the game and bad odds calculation by Andreas. Ten minutes to go, ok, you commit that foul but a minute before half-time, you take your chances on Mane missing.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Also this idea that the defence hasn't been considered this summer is nonsensical. We've brought a new left back, centre back and goalkeeper, it's just back luck that none are available to play yet. 

agree but we need a real DMF

also

one word sums up all the shit in this game 

beyond any other

KEPA

Just now, Vesper said:

agree but we need a real DMF

also

one word sums up all the shit in this game 

beyond any other

KEPA

I would agree but if we play usually with a midfield two, I think Kovacic and Kante gives a good balance moving forward. Obviously if we look at a midfield 3 then this becomes more of an issue. The long term aim must be to move Jorginho on for a more defensive minded midfielder (Rice, Partey, Zakaria for example) but I think this will be a struggle now this season and we've already got so many new faces in.

The biggest problem this season will be if Kante struggles like last year. If he stays fit I think we'll be better in that midfield area, but if he struggles with injuries we look thin for a more defensive presence in there.

47 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And like clockwork, Lampard blaming the red 

Pretty significant moment at 0-0 don't you think?

The biggest problem Lampard has is no matter the tactics, style, philosophy we have a group of defenders who have made individual mistakes regularly. 

There were two huge mistakes today (Christensen & Kepa) which have changed and cost us the game.

One of the best defensive tacticians (certainly of this era) Mourinho has struggled like crazy getting a tune out of Spurs but look at their defence too - Dier. Ben Davies. Aurier. Lloris is hugely overrated too. 

The personnel is not helping but Lampard has made a couple of additions to our defence and a new keeper which will hopefully help sort some of these problems out.

WHY does FL get a free pass on todays game? He isn't ten years old who has just been given the job. He's had diamonds and gold bars shot at him and the football has been shit since last season.

We need to get out of this mindset of wiping the FL tears because he is a club legend...he's done some things well but he has also been shite in a lot of things.

I can't defend him much more.

I am honestly not convinced about Frank as a manager. He has never struck me as a real tactician, but more of a man manager. He is early in his career though, and as any player he will develop. Joining us at this point was too early though most likely, andd I hope it doesnt affect his legacy. 

Personally I will hold off on any real judgement until end of October. When we have Silva, Mendy, Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic available for a few games I expect the games to look much better. If we still look toothless at that point then we will for sure have an issue on our hands. 

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

WHY does FL get a free pass on todays game? He isn't ten years old who has just been given the job. He's had diamonds and gold bars shot at him and the football has been shit since last season.

We need to get out of this mindset of wiping the FL tears because he is a club legend...he's done some things well but he has also been shite in a lot of things.

I can't defend him much more.

Lol