test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,817 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Am still fuming for that horrendous pass to Kepa that led to their second goal...ffs just get the ball out of play and it's a throw in...

yep, as much as Kepa is shit, Zouma has blood all over his hands on that too

the only CB of quality we have is 36yo and cannot play every day

we are so screwed there, I am NOT convinced o Tomori at all yet

I would have loved to seen a proper pre season, a normal one, where Sarr got a tonne of minutes to judge him

AC, Zouma, Rudiger all need to be shipped out

they are never going to be top class CB's

Rudiger had a chance, but he has horridly regressed

I have seen nothing from Ampadu to give me confidence in his CB abilities

hopefully that changes, along with Tomori and Sarr

but as it stands

we need two from this list 

José Giménez    
Dayot Upamecano  
Milan Skriniar    
Alessio Romagnoli    
Matthias Ginter    
Evan N'Dicka    
Edmond Tapsoba

0007 and Alabama like this

our defence is shit, overall our CBs, but only i think also our midfilder duo is not good enough? 
in 4-2-3-1 the two midfielders ahead defence are maybe the two most important players in the team (also near n.10)
They are those who have to dominate midfield, create union  between defence and attack phase.
Today i have seen great  trouble to pass the ball to the defence to the 3/4 players, always passing through full backs and rarely in central.
Kante and jorghi don't give enough! not enough physics, not control enough the ball and the game, not cover the defence and the central field, not take risk to pass or accelerating the pass or similar.
I think that with some games to get adapted Gilmour could be our player and all the team will go better!

Supermonkey92 likes this

Bottom line for me atm with Lamps

we has too many players whose WORST characteristics are becoming their dominant characteristics

not going to rate the new boys

so

Kepa (should never see the pitch for us again, yet Lamps keeps playing him,)

Zouma his shit ball-play and passing

AC poor positioning, and is bullied too often

Rudiger  goes braindead far too often

both backup left backs are dross, not really on Lamps at all, we all know they are shit, thank fuck for Chilwell

Azpi, utterly inept on offensive manoeuvres (and now his legs are gone quite often on defence)

Kante, great at breakup play, but HORRID with the ball, his passing is worse than Zouma's

Jorginho weaker than even AC, slows up play far too often, horrid defensively, Lampard is clueless with him

Mount, its simple, he is NOT a winger, and Frank plays him until he is ground into the dirt and spent

blues.bridge likes this

We just don't have the players for a pivot. They all have glaring weaknesses. To make a pivot work for a top club you must be at least good at everything.

Kante is really sloppy on the ball. Jorginho is really sloppy off the ball, even when he is focused he just isn't a capable cm for the Premier league. Maybe as a cdm with two workhorses either side and having 60+% possession. Never in a two.

Kova is somewhere in the middle but his passing forward isn't the best from deep. I dont know why he wasn't even on the bench.

I dont think any are good enough defensively. Even kante chases the ball. With 4 attackers and at least one fullback charging on the pivot has so much to do. The two need to work together. Regardless of the three that plays, one will choose to press whilst the other has no clue what his partner is doing.

I think this is on lampard. I can see his point of view, he needs better players for the pivot. Actual DM's id say. But that doesn't mean he can't work on a pivot that improves if not ultimately good enough.

I'm starting to think gets relying on players quality rather than coaching. You can't throw your hands up and say "I don't have the players". For fuck sake choose two, put some work in. Working as a duo is what he sorely need in that pivot

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not getting a DM will sack Lampard 

with Gilmour out, we are fucked at DMF and CMF

only 3 healthy players + the £60m plus turd down the loo in Drinkwater

4ca84e07e19ba305df065d1babadf896.png

Atomiswave likes this

Even when Zouma and Christensen had the odd good game at the start of this season, I thought Frank should try Silva-Tomori. Genuinely think that could be our best bet because Tomori is rapid, could improve over the year into a decent defender. With Zouma/Chris we know what we are getting.

Atomiswave and robsblubot like this

My screen must be broken, because when I see (the good them of) France play, I see Kante pretty much fixed as a ball-winning mid. And, at least in last game, he even played on the left, something myself and others here have always wondered given our extremely attacking (poor at defending) LBs. Chilwell is pretty much an attacking FB as well...

Does Kante have anything in his contract that states he must play b2b for us? because that's not his best role.

Jorginho is a possession type of player: if your team does not keep the ball, then I don't know what he brings. And then if you do want to keep possession, you simply can't play Zouma and expect to be able to keep possession. It just takes one to send the ball to row z or right back to the opposition. 

I concur with above that Silva and Tomori, on paper, should be tried and they should complement each other's game well. Think Andreas is a good player to have in the roster and can produce good games when called upon. He usually falters when played often - possibly a physical weakness. Think I've already made my point about zouma.

On the other hand, we are just too exposed at the back at the moment. I don't know if we can make it better with the players Frank picked today - looks like a pretty attacking-minded lineup to me. That's something Mount can provide though: that needed solidity by having that additional ball winner aside from the 2 CMs (being nice to Jorginho here). Little puzzle for Lampard to figure out. 

Strike likes this

14 hours ago, Mana said:

Every passing day I’m beginning to think we should had spent our last summer building our defense than our attack.

I said this for months but as long we have that defense, it doesn’t matter if we have Mbappe or prime Messi...we will have 3-3s, 4-4s etc.

You build the foundations first with a house and that is the defense. You will be never taken seriously if you concede 2/3 goals in most games.

We actually haven’t improved from last season so far. Let that sink in.

Disagree. I think we made the right decision because the market for defenders this summer wasn't great at all. We still spent £50m there with Chilwell. We need to improve at CB but there honestly weren't that many clear improvement s available. We have a ton of interesting young CBs coming through as well - no need to spend there for the sake of spending. It needs to be the right player. Only a top top CB improved us now. 

Strike likes this

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Next 6 games before the November international break:

Sevilla (h)
Man United (a)
Krasnodar (a)
Burnley (a)
Rennes (h)
Sheffield United (h)

How many wins from those games...?

We should really 6/6 this. 

I have been one of the staunchest supporters for FL, but this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

I don't get the tactics, I don't get the team selection of playing kepa and mount as a winger, I don't get the lack of confidence to take on soton, I don't get why we have changed our formation from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 just to suit Kai havertz who looks okay when clearly our midfield options just are not suited for a double pivot. It's getting beyond embarrassing now. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

I doubt we can even win 1

Our best defensive performance this season came against Palace (one of the best teams against top 6 teams) and we played Zouma with Silva - why are people just glossing over this? Zouma and Silva is clearly our best CB partnership as it stands?

Tomo, kellzfresh, killer1257 and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

But we know we won't.

We should have 12/12 four of our five league games - apart from Liverpool - but have only 8/12!

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Our best defensive performance this season came against Palace (one of the best teams against top 6 teams) and we played Zouma with Silva - why are people just glossing over this?

But Palace have never really been a problem for us over the years, even with the odd hiccup against them like in 2016/17. And given how they set up few weeks ago, Palace weren't really the greatest of tests for Silva and Zouma.

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Zouma and Silva is clearly our best CB partnership as it stands?

As it stands, yes but they still need to be tested as a pair against better opponents than Crystal Palace.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But we know we won't.

We should have 12/12 four of our five league games - apart from Liverpool - but have only 8/12!

Dropping silly points v. WBA and Southampton - Frank can't hide behind individual mistakes anymore. We're playing a system where individual mistakes happen time and time again - you then have to take a step back and look as to how we're harbouring a system that forces so many individual mistakes to begin with. 

Our set piece defending still seems rubbish for example. 

Milan, Strike and kellzfresh like this

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Our best defensive performance this season came against Palace (one of the best teams against top 6 teams) and we played Zouma with Silva - why are people just glossing over this? Zouma and Silva is clearly our best CB partnership as it stands?

It was a good defensive performance, because CP were way too passive. They did not attack us, they were happy to simply counter, which we snuffed out.

When teams really get at us, attack us, we are so fucking shit. Conceded 3 against wba, conceded 3 against soton. Combined those 2 won't be scoring 3 or more goals in a game in more than 5 matches all season in PL. Jorginho is shit when attacked and put under pressure, Kanye just runs like a headless chicken. Kai is a luxury player and needs a strong CM pairing and defence to thrive. Defence is a shsmble. Alright, we know defensively we suck, what have we done in attack? When teams press us, we can't even beat a league 2 teams' press. It's utter tosh.

kellzfresh likes this