Super Frank Thread

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

For me he has a handful of games to sort this out, he's had big money by the club and this is looking shambolic as it stands.

If things don't change we will Poch here you watch.

Poch is going to get the job anyways.

Lampard(and Jody) have shown that they are in over their heads here...and thats fine. Hes still a young manager.

Honest question, can someone tell me what his philosophy is? He constantly changes his formation and tactics which is a huge problem. If you look at every worldclass manager then you can clearly see they are consistent in their tactics and formation. Their team has a certain playstyle and they stick with it. 

With Lampard I literally don't see his footballing philosophy. It's very confusing for a team to play a certain way if  the manager is confused himself.

It is still early in the season but since we all agreed that Lampard has no excuses this time, am just gonna throw these out here...

1. The lack of proper pre-season and all the disruptions have not helped but it feels like Lampard has leaned too much into that as an excuse based on our uninspiring displays so far. One would think that after a season in charge, Lampard would have embedded his template, his way of playing into the team and yet two games in, we still look a mess. Can't defend, can't press, can't pass the ball, can't control possession. We can't even do any basics right and play the idea of football that Lampard supposedly wants us to play. Why?

2. What exactly is Lampard's tactics and style of play? Because if all he has just the talk of playing attacking football, pressing the opposition, promoting youth etc, then I know a more experienced manager out there who can likely implement all of those better than what we have seen so far. If I am being super harsh, his action doesn't speak louder than words right now. It is all talk but what we see on the pitch is like the opposite. 

3. Do not necessarily mind the counter attacking approach against Liverpool today but the passiveness of it? Diabolical set-up. Everyone was so deep till the point the approach felt like containment as opposed to actually counter attacking. Also, playing long balls to Havertz to feed off? Really? We also had Werner up against Liverpool's high line but we barely played many balls over the top and we barely even tried it. Why? 

4. Said it in the other thread, Mount is basically turning into another Willian for us. His effort cannot be faulted but what does he contribute in attack? 

Just now, Henrique said:

Caballero is worse. Alonso is better than both Emerson and Azpi playing as LB.

Caballero isn't worse give your head a wobble. Azpi gives you aggression, Alonso gives you nothing.

I mean...

He is right though. Our first 44 minutes against Pool were very good. Our complete match against brighton was horrific. I am also much happier with the first 44 minutes than with our last match against Brighton.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

You guys should also adjust your expectations. We signed Havertz, instead of Thiago Alcântara. I find really amusing that people were acting as we became PL contenders because of Havertz. Quality player, but not a world beater as many of you are trying to picture.

8 minutes ago, Henrique said:

You guys should also adjust your expectations. We signed Havertz, instead of Thiago Alcântara. I find really amusing that people were acting as we became PL contenders because of Havertz. Quality player, but not a world beater as many of you are trying to picture.

He was certainly advertised as a world beater....

It’s good to see Lampard take on his responsibilities, envision his mistakes and point out solutions, the way a leader defends his players.

This goes from bad to worse.

The danger of appointing legendary players to the position of coach is not worth the risk this entails.

What we're in for.