Super Frank Thread

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Lets not beat around the bush but fuck me FL has git some shite players dotted around this starting 11...

And a lot of them started today

But did we have any other options?

I think people are being really unfair to FL regarding the players and the system. We had a mis-match set, with which he worked to get some semblance of dexency.

Let's be fair:

jorginho simply does not work for us. 

Alonso and LB has been an issue for a decade and he could not have done anything as we had a ban.

Leaders - we don't have any. Atleast the players he has brought in have that personalities.

This result could have easily gone so differently. And we would have been praising him

Not saying he has nothing to learn or is flawless. But some of the posts are just OtT

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

No because the squad is littered with absolute shite.

Exactly. Ziyech, timo, kai are automatic starters, along with literally any half decent LB and GK. I mean if we do this bare minimum without even adding a CB, we could still be good.

I feel half the reason we play 3-4-3, is because FL has no confidence in any LB that we can play. Azpi can do a job defensively, but it totally nullifies our left as an attacking outlet. Alonso can give us a goal, but disrupts attacks and is shit defensively.

If 5 players on the pitch were replaced by the 5 mentioned above, with current 5 being as subs, I feel our squad gets better multifolds.

For starters, he might want to analyze his training sessions because we have suffered fucking far too many muscle injuries and the latest two have come after a free week! 
And why is it that only the injury prone players get injured all the time? Mount, Zouma, Rüdiger, Azpi (today someone injured him with a knee) seem fine to me. Should Pulisic train alon, instead with the team?

Look at Pulisic. He started sprinting and got injured without anyone touching him. Now watch Dembele. He always injures himself when he starts sprinting and that is the same. You can't make guys like Dembele, Pulisic or Wilshere into Messi or Ronaldo, who never get injured.

I know, you will come out and say, look at Kante. He is now injury prone. Sarri destroyed his hammy last season with injections. It took him 3 months to recover from it.

The only thing Lamps could change is maybe starting Pulisic once a week because his body cannot take high intensity football

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I bet he's telling James to play as a number 8 when we have the ball. I've got my criticisms of James but I refuse to believe he's wandering around in midfield like a toddler found his way to the toy Isle of a supermarket without his mum.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

And why is it that only the injury prone players get injured all the time? Mount, Zouma, Rüdiger, Azpi (today someone injured him with a knee) seem fine to me. Should Pulisic train alon, instead with the team?

Look at Pulisic. He started sprinting and got injured without anyone touching him. Now watch Dembele. He always injures himself when he starts sprinting and that is the same. You can't make guys like Dembele, Pulisic or Wilshere into Messi or Ronaldo, who never get injured.

I know, you will come out and say, look at Kante. He is now injury prone. Sarri destroyed his hammy last season with injections. It took him 3 months to recover from it.

The only thing Lamps could change is maybe starting Pulisic once a week because his body cannot take high intensity football

Your replies to this is as predictable as our injury problems. Bloody tired of the excuses given to Lampard on this by now.

Look, I don't care if it is Pulisic or Kante or someone who is injury prone at this point, the fact of the matter is A LOT of our injury problems have been muscle injuries. That points to something wrong with the conditioning work or how the players are being worked in training. When was the last time we had so many injuries of the same kind in one season? Maybe Lampard thought he was a fitness freak in his playing days, could play 15-20 games in a row without getting injured and now expects his players to do the same and is training them like that. It hasn't worked and it won't work and the latest two such injuries have come after a free week! We will not get anywhere if we keep having players, key players getting random muscle injuries out of nowhere. Who's to say Werner, Ziyech or whoever next season won't suddenly pick up one such injury and then miss like 3 months or something? Then what? Moreover, how many times have we had a free week this season to prepare for a game, only to look tired or lack any intensity required to win the game? Our performances have been better when we don't have a free week compared to when we have! If you want to keep bailing Lampard out, fine go ahead but mark my words, if he doesn't look this for next season and tweak his training sessions, the same problems will occur and we'll be having this same conversation again. 

Your replies to this is as predictable as our injury problems. Bloody tired of the excuses given to Lampard on this by now.
Look, I don't care if it is Pulisic or Kante or someone who is injury prone at this point, the fact of the matter is A LOT of our injury problems have been muscle injuries. That points to something wrong with the conditioning work or how the players are being worked in training. When was the last time we had so many injuries of the same kind in one season? Maybe Lampard thought he was a fitness freak in his playing days, could play 15-20 games in a row without getting injured and now expects his players to do the same and is training them like that. It hasn't worked and it won't work and the latest two such injuries have come after a free week! We will not get anywhere if we keep having players, key players getting random muscle injuries out of nowhere. Who's to say Werner, Ziyech or whoever next season won't suddenly pick up one such injury and then miss like 3 months or something? Then what? Moreover, how many times have we had a free week this season to prepare for a game, only to look tired or lack any intensity required to win the game? Our performances have been better when we don't have a free week compared to when we have! If you want to keep bailing Lampard out, fine go ahead but mark my words, if he doesn't look this for next season and tweak his training sessions, the same problems will occur and we'll be having this same conversation again. 
Its mostly down to the staff. As you are saying these are MUSCULAR injuries. Most of these will be from the wear and tear of overuse. Overuse will mostly commonly come from poor recovery between matches. With sports science today, there's no excuse. Massage therapy to flush out lactic acid and rush fresh blood into the muscles as well as keep them supple. The players activity level will be monitored throughout the week. I reckon cobham will have an amazing team. We've been brilliant with healthy players for years.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

At the end of the day, the FA Cup final was a bonus and it's a shame we didn't get a trophy this season.

I know we have got top 4, which is 100x more important than this final, and I know I have to stick to my word about criticising Lampard until 2021...

But this?!

We may get in better players, but until Lampard majorly improves himself, next season - around this time we will be here pissed off. He hasn't changed from his Derby season. Hasn't at all.

Eddie Howe has just left Bournemouth. Do you want him as the manager? :ph34r:

Your replies are even more predictable lol.

We bought one of the most injury prone Bundesliga players and you expect him to be fully fit in a league, which is far more intense than Bundesliga. Pulisic missed more than 2 months last season and you give Lampard the fault that he gets injured. By the way, last season at BVB, he only got MUSCLE injuries. So he missed two and a half months with MUSCLE injuries and you give Lampard the fault that he gets MUSCLE injuries? If Zouma got muscle injuries all the time, I am the first one to say that maybe we should look deeper into it, but critisizing Lamps for Pulisic's injuries is insane.l am injury prone myself and I do not give other people the fault for my injuries. It is what it is.

Why is it Lamps fault that Sarri did play injured Kante, which had long term effects on Kante's hammy? Lampard did not ruin Kante's hammy, it was Sarri that did not care. Kante is now injury prone.

And I am fine having this conversation again next season, but not when Pulisic or Kante get injured. When non injury prone players start getting injured, we may have a bigger issue.

And in the past, we had more physically solid players. Drogba, Anelka, Lampard etc. Rarely get injured because they just are not injury prone. Even Hazard, one of the most fouled players in PL history rarely got injured, but now he is very injury prone because someone destroyed his ankle. When these injuries start occurring, it is hard to get rid of them.

Here’s what I genuinely expect next season: 

No more 343. With the recruitment coming in, I will not accept any shithousery when this team has already shown they are capable playing progressive football. 

We should now be comfortably closing games out. Granted, Pulisic has shown to be our only match winner this season, but with the inclusion of Werner, Havertz, and Ziyech, we now have game winners across the pitch. 

Organization on counters. Lampard will have had now almost 16 months in management and I expect him to improve on our organisation when our players are in the third and lose the ball. 

Defending set pieces. Whether or not we improve on GK, LB, and CB, defending set pieces should not be as much as a problem it was for us this season. This is simply coaching. The moment we reverted to man marking, this has improved ten fold. 

Lastly, IN GAME MANAGEMENT. I expect now, with a year of experience and the new recruitment, Lampard will take the initiative and address issues immediately in game before it’s too late. 

Well, it been a while since I've been here.

Season it now done and dusted (let's be real we ain't turning it around next week)

At the start of the season, my expectations were 

Top four challenge - Met and exceeded 

A good cup run - Met  and exceeded 

Get out the group of the UCL - Met 

So I'm happy and think we have had a good season considering we had a ban lost hazard and promoted a lot of youth and have a lot of deadwood in this squad. 

Now going forward Lampard has it all to do to get us back near the top two. 

It is clear that he is going to be backed in the market with two great signings so far and linked with some more great players.

Lampard's biggest challenge is getting some backbone back into this team cos we don't have any right now. 

Kepa - not good enough but IMO we have bigger issues in front of us, plus we won't get anywhere near the money back for him.

Willy - only good for a 3rd choice IMO 

Defence - where to begin with this joke of a defence.

Dave had a torrid start to the season but become his old self as the season went on.

Tomori for me was our best defender showing the best potential injuries ruined it for him 

Zouma prob had two decent games, what worries me is that he has no passing ability  

James Best crosser by a mile think he is out of his depth as a RWB he is a RB he needs to work with a leader at the back to help him improve 

Rudiger is shit get rid asap

Alonso, apart from one or two freekicks he offers nothing get rid

Christensen game reading is poor, weak get rid 

MIDFIELD

Kante prob not his best season in blue but still solid, injuries messed him up

Kovacic 2nd best player for us this season outstanding player 

Jorginho works very well with Kovacic, controls the game well for us 

Barkley, i want to love this guy but he just doesn't have a football brain 

Mount POTY, Took the season by the balls showed us what he can do and that Chelsea is in his blood, great future for him

RLC needs to get fit and fast cos he may miss out because of it 

Gilmour - very exciting future for this lad 

THE ATTACK

Willian Guy does my head in, he is lazy cannot take a corner let him go, only turns up against Spurs 

Tammy- Great return for his first season in the top flight, faded out after lockdown will have a lot to prove next season with our new German machine up top

Batshuayi sell him 

Giroud - solid player can always depend on him. 

CHO his attitude s all wrong doesn't seem to care when he comes on, just seems content with picking up his wage 

Pulisic What a little gem we have got on or hands 

We need to sort out the defence big time two cbs and a lb 

-

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Your replies are even more predictable lol.

We bought one of the most injury prone Bundesliga players and you expect him to be fully fit in a league, which is far more intense than Bundesliga. Pulisic missed more than 2 months last season and you give Lampard the fault that he gets injured. By the way, last season at BVB, he only got MUSCLE injuries. So he missed two and a half months with MUSCLE injuries and you give Lampard the fault that he gets MUSCLE injuries? If Zouma got muscle injuries all the time, I am the first one to say that maybe we should look deeper into it, but critisizing Lamps for Pulisic's injuries is insane.l am injury prone myself and I do not give other people the fault for my injuries. It is what it is.

Why is it Lamps fault that Sarri did play injured Kante, which had long term effects on Kante's hammy? Lampard did not ruin Kante's hammy, it was Sarri that did not care. Kante is now injury prone.

And I am fine having this conversation again next season, but not when Pulisic or Kante get injured. When non injury prone players start getting injured, we may have a bigger issue.

Had our defenders defended as well as or Lampard coached the team to defend as well as you defend Lampard here, we might have ended up winning a trophy.

Azpilicueta, Tomori, Alonso and IIRC, Kovacic are just few other players - other than Kante and Pulisic - to have suffered muscle injuries at one point or another this season. That is all I'll say...

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

And in the past, we had more physically solid players. Drogba, Anelka, Lampard etc. Rarely get injured because they just are not injury prone. Even Hazard, one of the most fouled players in PL history rarely got injured, but now he is very injury prone because someone destroyed his ankle. When these injuries start occurring, it is hard to get rid of them.

(and) Or maybe we just had managers with coaches who know how to condition the players etc. Mourinho had Rui Faria for example. Heck, we even have Eva Carneiro - although her role was different - to treat players' injury. There is a reason why our injury record over the years have been good and it's not all down to the players because we all know athletes can get injured easily if they are not conditioned or trained properly. And you should know it since you sound like you have experience in this department.